Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

I do not see the relevance about the defence lawyers being paid or not

Now since the posters discussing this usually claim that they base comments on fact and rational reason can they explain what the relevance is please

In my view the reason is, quite simply they will do anything to knock the defense of the B2, but I will wait also to hear what they have to say with anticipation.

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

Now since the posters discussing this usually claim that they base comments on fact and rational reason can they explain what the relevance is please

Not much relevance to anything being posted here since none of knows all the facts let alone all the evidence and we are not part of the investigative team or defense team or will we have any say on how the case is presented, defended or judged and that the overwhelming vast majority of what people believe in the case includes needing to speculate (sometimes wildly).

But I agree and posted previously that it is irrelevant in the sense of how well they are being defended. Paid or Pro Bono by itself could is neither a positive or negative thing and could reflect either or neither.

Then again my guess would be that this is like many comments and the goal for some is to try to bring relevance into something nobody knows for sure the whole facts (how much the lead attorney is making) such as suggesting they aren't being represented adequately despite a team of lawyers and investigators and direct involvement of their embassy and having three different nations looking closely at the case as well as having numerous non-profit groups looking into facts and circumstances of the case.

Not much relevance to anything being posted here since none of knows all the facts let alone all the evidence and we are not part of the investigative team or defense team or will we have any say on how the case is presented, defended or judged and that the overwhelming vast majority of what people believe in the case includes needing to speculate (sometimes wildly).

But I agree and posted previously that it is irrelevant in the sense of how well they are being defended. Paid or Pro Bono by itself could is neither a positive or negative thing and could reflect either or neither.

Then again my guess would be that this is like many comments and the goal for some is to try to bring relevance into something nobody knows for sure the whole facts (how much the lead attorney is making) such as suggesting they aren't being represented adequately despite a team of lawyers and investigators and direct involvement of their embassy and having three different nations looking closely at the case as well as having numerous non-profit groups looking into facts and circumstances of the case.

Well I'm certainly happy to hear you'll have no part of the trial with your wild and speculative theories:

post-223227-0-36114800-1422148359_thumb.

• Like 1

The goal is to get us talking about any subject. except the scrutiny of pictures, news reports and rtp in this case.

So far, it seems to me. They ???? are achieving their goal.

Well I'm certainly happy to hear you'll have no part of the trial with your wild and speculative theories:

post-223227-0-36114800-1422148359_thumb.

Cool I feel like I have an obsessed stalker who takes screen shots of my posts --- just wish they had the intellectual abilities to tell the difference between extremely way over the top sarcasm and a speculative theory. But still cool to know there is some anonymous forum member keeping their own personal archive of my posts. licklips.gif

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Cool I feel like I have an obsessed stalker who takes screen shots of my posts --- just wish they had the intellectual abilities to tell the difference between extremely way over the top sarcasm and a speculative theory. But still cool to know there is some anonymous forum member keeping their own personal archive of my posts. licklips.gif

Read the post, I did exactly as stated, reminded you of it and its vile contents to show the mind you really have on this case. Now any more deflection and criticism of the defense?

Read the post, I did exactly as stated, reminded you of it and its vile contents to show the mind you really have on this case. Now any more deflection and criticism of the defense?

I really do think it is cool you can be so obsessed with me. I know that no reasonable adult on the planet can be so moved by obvious over the top sarcasm poking fun at some of the theories put out here or the word "sperm" that they continue to share it on the forum whenever they can work it in. So your obsession with me is flattering. A real life deranged stalker would be scare but an online forum stalker is kind of fun. Is it okay if I mention your screen-name in an updated profile box that shows up on these pages?

That's because a post prior to my quoting the Reuters article was deleted by the mods.

Thanks for the explanation. I actually went back to try to find how this started and ended only came to your post that just mentioned it but without much context to why you mentioned.

While not relevant on its own to innocence/guilt or the lawyers abilities or goals and certainly not to the trial being delayed /rescheduled there really isn't much on this entire thread relevant to the topic but at least this seemed like something we could actually look up the facts about and just an interesting tidbit.

JTJ#1551

I really do think it is cool you can be so obsessed with me. I know that no reasonable adult on the planet can be so moved by obvious over the top sarcasm making poking fun at some of the theories put out here or the word "sperm" that they continue to share it on the forum whenever they can work it in. So your obsession with me is flattering. A real life deranged stalker would be scare but an online forum stalker is kind of fun. Is it okay if I mention your screen-name in an updated profile box that shows up on these pages?

Feel free to share anything you care to JTJ, its a public forum and in the public domain. As for your opinions of me, its your right to think whatever you want to think. Its clear already to most what you think about the B2 and the Burmese in general from your past posts thats also in the public domain.

From Wikipedia:

Call Northside 777 is a 1948 documentary-style film noir directed by Henry Hathaway. It is based on the true story of a Chicago reporter who proved that a man in prison for murder was wrongly convicted 11 years before.

Without spoiling the plot, he proved that the man was innocent by discrediting a witness testimony through analyzing a detail in a readily available photograph but such detail had been overlooked. So au contraire Ms. GC I do believe something like that can happen.

• Like 1

JTJ#1551

I really do think it is cool you can be so obsessed with me. I know that no reasonable adult on the planet can be so moved by obvious over the top sarcasm making poking fun at some of the theories put out here or the word "sperm" that they continue to share it on the forum whenever they can work it in. So your obsession with me is flattering. A real life deranged stalker would be scare but an online forum stalker is kind of fun. Is it okay if I mention your screen-name in an updated profile box that shows up on these pages?

Feel free to share anything you care to JTJ, its a public forum and in the public domain. As for your opinions of me, its your right to think whatever you want to think. Its clear already to most what you think about the B2 and the Burmese in general from your past posts thats also in the public domain.

And you are welcome to take screen shots and archive as many of my posts as you want and repost them and obsess about me as much as you want. I really do find it flattering and cool as I have stated a number of times. So given your comments seems we are both good with the relationship but if okay with you, for the sake of not disrupting others on the forum, in the future can you use the PM option more to share your personal feelings and thoughts of me as well as photos of my posts. I may not respond right away but I promise I do get to my PMs eventually and will respond because I do dig the special attention you give me but don't think it is fair to other posters who may not care the way you do about me. Plus it just might seem odd to some you keep wanting to share a picture publicly that you claim was is offensive ... I don't mind because I understand your real motivation but again might make you seem a bit disingenuous to others.

JTJ#1551

And you are welcome to take screen shots and archive as many of my posts as you want and repost them and obsess about me as much as you want. I really do find it flattering and cool as I have stated a number of times. So given your comments seems we are both good with the relationship but if okay with you, for the sake of not disrupting others on the forum, in the future can you use the PM option more to share your personal feelings and thoughts of me as well as photos of my posts. I may not respond right away but I promise I do get to my PMs eventually and will respond because I do dig the special attention you give me but don't think it is fair to other posters who may not care the way you do about me. Plus it just might seem odd to some you keep wanting to share a picture publicly that you claim was is offensive ... I don't mind because I understand your real motivation but again might make you seem a bit disingenuous to others.

Cool, I wont bother with pm's however, rather have our debates in public, much better to keep a little transparency so others can also judge

From Wikipedia:

Call Northside 777 is a 1948 documentary-style film noir directed by Henry Hathaway. It is based on the true story of a Chicago reporter who proved that a man in prison for murder was wrongly convicted 11 years before.

Without spoiling the plot, he proved that the man was innocent by discrediting a witness testimony through analyzing a detail in a readily available photograph but such detail had been overlooked. So au contraire Ms. GC I do believe something like that can happen.

Since the advent of DNA testing it has really come to light that witness testimony is one of the least reliable forms of evidence and to some extent confessions and why I believe any confession outside a lawyers presence should not ever be used if a suspect recants at any point. Just reading on CNN.Com about a guy in North Carolina who was jailed near 40 years ago with the help of witness testimony and was just released and ruled not guilty. Poor guy 70 years old now and would guess he will never see a dime and the state will fight a settlement until he dies.

In this case at least some witnesses had motivation to lie but in many cases witnesses are just wrong especially in identifying somebody of another race and many times are influenced by police either directly or in subtle ways.

"Concerned folks herein are scrutinizing possible evidence, while Thai cops are counting their bribe money, guzzling caffeine drinks and servicing their mia noi." *

So when you saw the 2 Thai cops counting their money, why did you just not tell them that you are seeking the truth and ask them from where did they get their money?

* http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/787155-koh-tao-murder-trial-rescheduled/page-14#entry8877348

"Concerned folks herein are scrutinizing possible evidence, while Thai cops are counting their bribe money, guzzling caffeine drinks and servicing their mia noi." *

So when you saw the 2 Thai cops counting their money, why did you just not tell them that you are seeking the truth and ask them from where did they get their money?

* http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/787155-koh-tao-murder-trial-rescheduled/page-14#entry8877348

Sometimes, Crab, you're so 'off-the-wall'. To answer your question (as if it warrants an answer); ....for the same reason I didn't grab the knife from the ISIS executioner in the desert, and stab him in the heart.

Sometimes, Crab, you're so 'off-the-wall'. To answer your question (as if it warrants an answer); ....for the same reason I didn't grab the knife from the ISIS executioner in the desert, and stab him in the heart.

So maybe you're really saying that you actually don't have the slightest idea whether any Thai police officer accepted any bribe money or not.

• Like 1

From Wikipedia:

Since the advent of DNA testing it has really come to light that witness testimony is one of the least reliable forms of evidence and to some extent confessions and why I believe any confession outside a lawyers presence should not ever be used if a suspect recants at any point. Just reading on CNN.Com about a guy in North Carolina who was jailed near 40 years ago with the help of witness testimony and was just released and ruled not guilty. Poor guy 70 years old now and would guess he will never see a dime and the state will fight a settlement until he dies.

In this case at least some witnesses had motivation to lie but in many cases witnesses are just wrong especially in identifying somebody of another race and many times are influenced by police either directly or in subtle ways.

Yes a travesty of justice, let hope we get independent dna testing verified and lets hope the witness's in this case are 'not motivated to lie'. Or conclusive proof that would satisfy the international community that the B2 are guilty or innocent. I do keep wondering however where that dna inside the condom now happens to be.

According to Tilleke & Gibbons 'Thailand Legal Basics':

The prosecutor has the burden of proof to prove the crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

Is it being suggested above that such a determination would not be sufficient in providing 'conclusive proof' to the satisfaction of the international community?

Edited by JLCrab

The prosecutor has the burden of proof to prove the crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

Is it being suggested above that such a determination would not be sufficient in providing 'conclusive proof' to the satisfaction of the international community?

No, proof beyond reasonable doubt would satisfy me and I hope the international community

No, proof beyond reasonable doubt would satisfy me and I hope the international community

Thanks -- just checking to see if there is more than one on here whose personal moral code supersedes the laws of any country especially this one.

Thanks -- just checking to see if there is more than one on here whose personal moral code supersedes the laws of any country especially this one.

The laws of each country have to be abided to if you live there or are involved in the judicial system in some way, however that does not necessarily mean those laws are internationally accepted as just. A case in example being the Draconian computer crime laws in Thailand which no country that I am aware of recognizes as just, except perhaps China and North Korea. As for moral code, that is a personal thing that everyone is entitled to no matter where you live

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 2

What I do find interesting is that so many people keep saying there are SO MANY people who believe so strongly in their innocence but they have only raised $14k, to help them avoid conviction, since this fund was opened sometime on or before October 23, 2014 when I see Andrew Drummond first reported it. Would think given the huge emotions and convictions and concern so many on social media and here claim to have that they'd be more than 1/2 to their goal by now or at least significantly higher than $14k.

Do a Google search for "Justice: Koh Tao Murder Case" if anyone chooses to do more than rant about their innocence ... but I get the feeling most people are not willing to put their money with their claimed words are at. One thing to sign a petition to get UK Investigators here and show your general distrust and angery for Thailand but another to send money to help two very likely murdering rapists.

Guilty until found innocent. The world according to JTJ.

• Like 2

So maybe you're really saying that you actually don't have the slightest idea whether any Thai police officer accepted any bribe money or not.

We also don't know if a taxi driver was beaten up for not accepting 700,000 baht to tell a lie for them.

The only thing we do know is Mon offered 700,000 baht to find anyone in his family guilty.

We as the general public can only comment on the things we read in the papers or see on the T.V. Therefore we make our opinions from these articals.

Some of us use quotes from films or lines from songs to help the cause. Some tell down right lies and make out there could have been on the scene and saw with there own eyes what happened. But if we are led to believe what the RTP tell us there are only 2 people in the whole world who were there and know what happened.

As I said I look at the T.V. I read the papers, I unlike many of the flock of followers am more than capable of thinking for myself.

Why do I think these two might not be guilty. Well there are hours of CCTV footage that showed people coming to and from the beach on the night of the murders.

There has been plenty of footage of the Burmese from before the crime on their bike, buying fags etc. Yet after the crime none.

Even Colombo would be mentioning his wife about that.

• Like 1

OK to the 'Columbo' reference. From Wikipedia:

The show popularized the inverted detective story format. Almost every episode begins by showing the commission of the crime and its perpetrator; the series therefore has no "whodunit" element. The plot revolves mainly around how the perpetrator, whose identity is already known to the audience, will finally be caught and exposed. ... . (Columbo's) formidable eye for detail and relentlessly dedicated approach, though apparent to the viewer, often become clear to the killer only late in the story line.

So here on KT we have a crime where the 'real killers' are known to the vox populi and supposedly millions of baht in hush money has been spread around and persons arranging transport for such 'real killer' persons and others destroying or otherwise compromising evidence and not one person -- so far -- has broken ranks.

What I do find interesting is that so many people keep saying there are SO MANY people who believe so strongly in their innocence but they have only raised $14k, to help them avoid conviction, since this fund was opened sometime on or before October 23, 2014 when I see Andrew Drummond first reported it. Would think given the huge emotions and convictions and concern so many on social media and here claim to have that they'd be more than 1/2 to their goal by now or at least significantly higher than $14k.

Do a Google search for "Justice: Koh Tao Murder Case" if anyone chooses to do more than rant about their innocence ... but I get the feeling most people are not willing to put their money with their claimed words are at. One thing to sign a petition to get UK Investigators here and show your general distrust and angery for Thailand but another to send money to help two very likely murdering rapists.

Hi John, nice to see you're back on the blog, I guess. As expected, you use the word 'moronic' to describe those of us seeking truth in this case. You go on about a fund-raising campaign and wonder out loud why they've only raised $14,000.00. How about adding something useful to the discussion? Are RTP-echoers content to just call names ('moronic') or do they also seek truth and justice?

Why not first try responding to the post were I called people seeking the truth moronic. Just like the moronic social media detectives making "moronic" claims and putting out "moronic" theories, you seem to be confused about the facts and are seeing things that are not there.

Promoting baseless far fetched theories without any facts to back them up and actual facts to counter such conspiracy theories with other social media detectives is not only "moronic" but also serves negatively and certainly is not a way to seek the truth and has resulted in these sites becoming the brunt of many jokes as well as those who quote them and sadly some who have legitimate concerns but repeat nonsense speculation as fact because of the BS these sites and people spread to the point things start being stated as fact that are untrue.

Things like signing a petition is a positive step towards seeking truth and shouldn't require these kind of "moronic" conspiracy theories or unfounded speculation stated as fact and the kinds of things that the victims parents have asked to stop and have explained are hurtful to them as both families are confident in the evidence against these two (including that evidence which has not been made public). Those people putting out this kind of "moronic" nonsense, who claim their goal is only to seek truth and are convinced of the innocence of the two defendants facing the death penalty, have an obligation to donate if at all possible and they should PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS AND DONATE TO THE DEFENSE FUND. This fund has been mentioned for 3-months not just in the news but also on the social media sites these people share their theories and get their information including Facebook, Twitter and here on Thaivisa.

Maybe most of these speaking social media detectives are poor or have not even a couple dollars to spare but I think it more likely in their heart of hearts they don't believe what they are claiming anywhere even remotely close to what they claim so far as to help these two very likely murdering rapists so directly and monetarily ... doing so would force them to make a choice of within themselves of carrying on their charade or facing the truth that their real motivation is an extreme disdain for Thais or Thailand and that their claim of being convinced of innocence of the two defendants isn't remotely close to what they claim.

Yes some people have logical and legitimate doubts but not to the point of donating and nothing wrong with that. Others may believe in their innocence but see this just like the thousands of other tragic news stories out there and aren't going to go to this level for lives of people they don't know even know but they are in the news... but these are not the people I refer. I explained who I was referring and they are the ones who often show faux concern of truth, justice and life but will be on another thread making jokes about a Thai person being killed or scream hang-em-high and have no questions of somebody's guilt or are convinced of cover-up or vast conspiracies when a Thai is arrested. An example might be the case of the train worker who murdered and raped the young girl on a train and threw her body out the window despite many similarities in the case including numerous contradictions reported in the press and by police and many mistakes by police early on. .. don't recall any of those here spreading nonsense conspiracy theories in this case or claiming nothing Thai police say can be believed but then hanging on tightly to and basing a whole conspiracy theory on a comment a cop made early on that was later corrected. While I don't recall questions by these posters here, I do recall a number of the very vocal posters doing it here being the first to make hang-em-high comments from the moment the train worker's arrest was reported.