Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

There are days when I really like your posts. ☺

Then there are those other days?

Today is a ☺ day.

Just a wee note to say.

We are all trying to find as much information as we can that might be helpful to the trial.

"We are all trying to find as much information as we can that might be helpful to the trial"

As if anyone involved with the trial is going to take anything you say seriously given your track record on here. Talk about delusions of grandeur! Hysterical!

And what track record is that I might ask.

Of course you know this because you are in daily contact with the defense team. Who have obviously told you that things posted by me and some others is useless to them.

And without a doubt,they posted on TV asking that any information people had be shared with them because they had some spare time to post on here.

Hilarious ??

thailandchilli, on 23 Jan 2015 - 02:42, said:
rockingrobin, on 22 Jan 2015 - 20:11, said:

Going back to Hannah and David, I am unsure of the time frame after the murders were discovered

The murders discovered by 2 beach cleaners at 6:20 to 6:30 in the morning

Who was the first person to be contacted and at what time

What actions did they take and who did they contact

Since it has been stated that Samuii Police did not arrive untill around 12pm, when and who contacted them and why such a delay in arriving

Who and what time did the crimescene get secured

According to Mcanna the forensics did not arrive until 20 hours after discovery, who contacted forensics and at what time and time actually on site. (Mcanna statement seems suspect as 20 hours would put them around 2 am the following morning)

I read somewhere but cant find the link now that the cleaners contacted Mon first, woke him up and he ran to the scene. What actions did he take? Called his RTP buddies and so the notorious investigation commenced

Thinking back, wasn't it poster Islandlife who claimed this on one of the KT threads? If you look at the map of Sairee beach which is on a certain fb page at the moment, the In Touch resort is closest to the murder scene, besides the Ocean View guesthouse where Hannah and David were staying.

• Like 1

Going back to Hannah and David, I am unsure of the time frame after the murders were discovered

Since it has been stated that Samuii Police did not arrive untill around 12pm, when and who contacted them and why such a delay in arriving

According to Mcanna the forensics did not arrive until 20 hours after discovery, who contacted forensics and at what time and time actually on site. (Mcanna statement seems suspect as 20 hours would put them around 2 am the following morning)

I read somewhere but cant find the link now that the cleaners contacted Mon first, woke him up and he ran to the scene. What actions did he take? Called his RTP buddies and so the notorious investigation commenced

Thinking back, wasn't it poster Islandlife who claimed this on one of the KT threads? If you look at the map of Sairee beach which is on a certain fb page at the moment, the In Touch resort is closest to the murder scene, besides the Ocean View guesthouse where Hannah and David were staying.

Yes! I remember now, thats exactly who it was, he also mentioned that Mon called the police on the way to the scene. Thing to do is take a look through Islandlifes post, I don't have time tonight but will take a look tomorrow.

We must have been discussing and referring to this quote in the media "The man had worn only pants and was barefoot because he had been woken up to see the crime scene" and asking Islandlife about it.

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

What the one gentleman on the defense team posted on here last December was that what they need are for fact witnesses to come forward now.

I am sure they would be interested in any information. Including photos, times and you never someone might have an idea or 2 on TV.

Now I have been making my donations. And paying my taxes.

So if I want to share and discuss interesting information with my friends I will. I have no doubt that the team are watching, and appreciate all our hours of hard work. Maybe we found a picture they didn't have.

Or noticed something they didn't see.

At least I am showing pictures of the crime scene.

And not telling them what movie to watch for information. ???

That's what the defense team lawyer wrote without asking for anyone to come along and explain what he really meant.

Edited by JLCrab

Yes! I remember now, thats exactly who it was, he also mentioned that Mon called the police on the way to the scene. Thing to do is take a look through Islandlifes post, I don't have time tonight but will take a look tomorrow.

We must have been discussing and referring to this quote in the media "The man had worn only pants and was barefoot because he had been woken up to see the crime scene" and asking Islandlife about it.

And Islandlife claimed to have had contact with someone who knew Mon or Nomsod I remember although he/she said they didn't have facebook.

The thing I find one of the Most disturbing thing is NOT ONE of Hannahs friends come forward. Nothing zilch not any efforts. Shameful. Like she is forgotten and that's her mates.

That's 2 x Hannahs and Emma. Not a word. Moved on with their lives.

attachicon.gif10612643_10152666574480944_2079143340602402089_n.jpg

attachicon.gif15418_761649277214654_7945086390261549701_n.jpg

attachicon.gif10615542_10154681896815640_5885366283607899743_n.jpg

I can understand the families grief. I cant understand why the Police have not told them how it is.... Actually retract that. We know why, save face. The RTP have made them look like Messenger Boys. They should have saved the UK tax payer the expenses and just posted them the info. 105,000 peoples hopes and dreams for verification when they signed the petition was worthless. But then you also see something there as well. Look at the makeup of the people who presented it to #10.

Tells a story hey

attachicon.gif10662204_10204238773562300_9101007694428331342_o.jpg

attachicon.gif10661851_751611368243742_2206625464764632376_o.jpg

Not Many of Hannah or David's friends there is there.

And then we hear how we mustn't upset the UK Families.

Well there's another 2 Families as well.

attachicon.gif665d49ab8cc33a29630f6a706700499a.jpg

attachicon.gifthailand-murder-reuters-102214_jpg.jpg

Still it seems they are not so important.

Some people manage to break smiles though.

The manager of the bar they had been drinking in seems to be in more of a joyous state.

attachicon.gif14115481671411548327l.jpg

Yes, murders happen every day and people accept and move on especially when the police make arrests against those who are likely guilty and there is overwhelming evidence against. Yes even murdering rapists cause hardship for their own families in addition to destroying the lives of their victims and loved ones.

And yes there will be those that get obsessed in an unhealthy way about some news stories and think they know more about the facts than experts or in this case UK investigators and families who believe the right people have been arrested and will stand trial and who have asked for the moronic social media nonsense to stop and yet these same obsessed people go on to make comments about the victims loved ones or friends as if somehow these people obsessing have some greater concern for the victims they don't know as opposed to what is driving their unhealthy obsession and hurtful and disrespectful comments to the family and loved ones of the victims.

Yes, murders happen every day and people accept and move on especially when the police make arrests against those who are likely guilty and there is overwhelming evidence against. Yes even murdering rapists cause hardship for their own families in addition to destroying the lives of their victims and loved ones.

And yes there will be those that get obsessed in an unhealthy way about some news stories and think they know more about the facts than experts or in this case UK investigators and families who believe the right people have been arrested and will stand trial and who have asked for the moronic social media nonsense to stop and yet these same obsessed people go on to make comments about the victims loved ones or friends as if somehow these people obsessing have some greater concern for the victims they don't know as opposed to what is driving their unhealthy obsession and hurtful and disrespectful comments to the family and loved ones of the victims.

Whats the rules on Flaming?

Edited by loonodingle
  • Like 1

Per Reuters 22 OCT 2014:

"They both retracted their confessions and have signed a document that was accepted by the public prosecutor," said Nakhon Chompuchat, part of the Lawyers Council of Thailand legal team representing the pair.

So while the chief defense attorney is not directly billing the 2 Burmese defendants, that does not necessarily mean that he s not being compensated for his time.

• Like 1

Per Reuters 22 OCT 2014:

"They both retracted their confessions and have signed a document that was accepted by the public prosecutor," said Nakhon Chompuchat, part of the Lawyers Council of Thailand legal team representing the pair.

So while the chief defense attorney is not directly billing the 2 Burmese defendants, that does not necessarily mean that he s not being compensated for his time.

Yet another unsubstantiated accusation. Contact him and he will confirm if it pleases you.

Per Reuters 22 OCT 2014:

Yet another unsubstantiated accusation. Contact him and he will confirm if it pleases you.

Cover.jpg

Per Reuters 22 OCT 2014:

Most of the lawyers and support team are donating their time and services pro bono http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/01/13/defense-fund-created-migrant-workers-accused-koh-tao-murders

that's all the leg work I am doing for you. Unless you have substantial evidence that he is not waiving his fee then make no further comment.

Per Reuters 22 OCT 2014:

Isn't Nakorn Chompoochart heading up the legal team? Wasn't he hired by their government via their embassy? Their government has footed the bill for numerous things for the defense. There has also been numerous defense funds set up for the two. Haven't heard of any of their lawyers or investigators working for free but have heard of some non-profit groups providing assistance.

Not sure if it is relevant or not in terms of effectiveness or dedication to the two regardless of paying or choosing to do it pro bono but am pretty confident lawyers are being paid and ultimately will benefit from their involvement through other means beyond direct payment.

Per Reuters 22 OCT 2014:

Most of the lawyers and support team are donating their time and services pro bono http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/01/13/defense-fund-created-migrant-workers-accused-koh-tao-murders

that's all the leg work I am doing for you. Unless you have substantial evidence that he is not waiving his fee then make no further comment.

The link you shared gives not even a hint or suggestion let along anything to back up your claim that "Most of the lawyers and support team are donating their time and services pro bono"

The link you shared gives not even a hint or suggestion let along anything to back up your claim that "Most of the lawyers and support team are donating their time and services pro bono"

The team behind the legal defense of two migrant laborers accused of murdering two Britons on Koh Tao have created a crowdfunding campaign to support their defense.

Rights activist Andy Hall and defense lawyer Nakhon Chompuchat have created a site for people to contribute to the defense of Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, who are on trial for the savage murders of David Miller and Hannah Witheridge on the resort island this past September.

The campaign cites the irregularities of the police investigation, reports of torture and abuse in obtaining confessions and other concerns that have led many observers to doubt the integrity of the process and worry about possible scapegoating.

“Everyone, including family and friends of the victims, surely want this case to be closed and the real perpetrators brought to justice,” Hall wrote. “A fair trial requires rights of the accused be respected and that the accused have a legal team to defend them of a crime they may not have done.”

As of today the campaign had collected about THB419,000, about half of its goal.

It includes a detailed accounting of how the money is being spent, such as transportation costs for the legal team, translation services with witnesses and investigation costs. Most of the lawyers and support team are donating their time and services pro bono.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/01/13/defense-fund-created-migrant-workers-accused-koh-tao-murders

The team behind the legal defense of two migrant laborers accused of murdering two Britons on Koh Tao have created a crowdfunding campaign to support their defense.

Rights activist Andy Hall and defense lawyer Nakhon Chompuchat have created a site for people to contribute to the defense of Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, who are on trial for the savage murders of David Miller and Hannah Witheridge on the resort island this past September.

The campaign cites the irregularities of the police investigation, reports of torture and abuse in obtaining confessions and other concerns that have led many observers to doubt the integrity of the process and worry about possible scapegoating.

Everyone, including family and friends of the victims, surely want this case to be closed and the real perpetrators brought to justice, Hall wrote. A fair trial requires rights of the accused be respected and that the accused have a legal team to defend them of a crime they may not have done.

As of today the campaign had collected about THB419,000, about half of its goal.

It includes a detailed accounting of how the money is being spent, such as transportation costs for the legal team, translation services with witnesses and investigation costs. Most of the lawyers and support team are donating their time and services pro bono.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/01/13/defense-fund-created-migrant-workers-accused-koh-tao-murders

My apologies - I didn't see the last paragraph as it was under the box with updates.

Many people have defense funds to help offset costs. There were even OJ Simpson defense funds. Lwyers, defense, family and others often set up defense funds to help offset or pay for costs such as investigations, transportation and hiring of expert witnesses or translators as mentioned in this case.

So to the point of the lead attorney not being paid, this doesn't shed any light. Lawyers in high profile cases often have people involved not being paid involved in the legal team. Again, even OJ team had this.

Edited by draftvader

I really don't know if the lawyers are being paid or not.

But if they. What's wrong with that. They are going to spend hours and hours. Days and days. Months and months on this case.

They will need to make many trips to Thailand away from their own families and jobs.

They are even putting their lives in danger coming to that island. They have families to feed and rents to pay just like everybody else. If they are not being paid, then they certainly should be. I have no problem donating my money and having a portion of that going to the lawyers. In fact I expect it to go to the lawyers, and even some witnesses.I imagine the people complaining about the money have not made a donation. So therefore it is none of your business how the money is spent. So let's just stop this petty bickering .

• Like 1

What I do find interesting is that so many people keep saying there are SO MANY people who believe so strongly in their innocence but they have only raised $14k, to help them avoid conviction, since this fund was opened sometime on or before October 23, 2014 when I see Andrew Drummond first reported it. Would think given the huge emotions and convictions and concern so many on social media and here claim to have that they'd be more than 1/2 to their goal by now or at least significantly higher than $14k.

Do a Google search for "Justice: Koh Tao Murder Case" if anyone chooses to do more than rant about their innocence ... but I get the feeling most people are not willing to put their money with their claimed words are at. One thing to sign a petition to get UK Investigators here and show your general distrust and angery for Thailand but another to send money to help two very likely murdering rapists.

The legal team as per the Reuters story is being provided by the Thai NGO Lawyers Council of Thailand.

three supposed by the council. Not the lead lawyer though. Then there's is additional lawyer's and Investigations supplied by the Myanmar embassy. There is additional layers working group for free. It's a team. But lead lawyer is pro bono.

It's not your run of your mill case even though some people think it should be. As long as it's proved beyond any question who done it then thats all we can ask for. That's all people want.

• Like 1

What I do find interesting is that so many people keep saying there are SO MANY people who believe so strongly in their innocence but they have only raised $14k, to help them avoid conviction, since this fund was opened sometime on or before October 23, 2014 when I see Andrew Drummond first reported it. Would think given the huge emotions and convictions and concern so many on social media and here claim to have that they'd be more than 1/2 to their goal by now or at least significantly higher than $14k.

Do a Google search for "Justice: Koh Tao Murder Case" if anyone chooses to do more than rant about their innocence ... but I get the feeling most people are not willing to put their money with their claimed words are at. One thing to sign a petition to get UK Investigators here and show your general distrust and angery for Thailand but another to send money to help two very likely murdering rapists.

The Thais donate bank to bank. Not through the site in many cases.

The legal team as per the Reuters story is being provided by the Thai NGO Lawyers Council of Thailand.

I know their government / embassy has sent lawyers and envoys of people to help them too as well as investigators and paying for the transportation, living expenses and security of witnesses for the defense.

http://www.elevenmyanmar.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8443:government-to-pay-koh-tao-defence-witness-expenses&catid=44:national&Itemid=384

On December 19, the Myanmar Embassy’s special investigation team and the representatives of the Upper House met at the branch office of the parliament in Yangon. The investigation team asked for help and the Upper House’s representatives agreed, said the lawyer.

They agreed to provide security and pay the expenses of the witnesses while they are living in Thailand, to send government attorneys for the legal issues and to provide more assistance to find the witnesses.

At present, the investigation team is finding workers who returned recently from Thailand to stand as witnesses in the Koh Tao murder case. However, some Myanmar migrants from Koh Tao were afraid to stand as witnesses, he said.

The Thais donate bank to bank. Not through the site in many cases.

Wasn't talking about Thais. Not to mention I see no bank account being promoted to transfer funds and MANY Thais do have credit cards and ATM Cards and they site even provides an option to set-up and use a Paypal account when paying/donating. So it would be a very poor excuse if you really believed these two could be put to death for something they are being set up for and simply just don't donate because it is too much trouble o fill out an online form than do a transfer through an ATM machine. But again, not speaking about Thais as the very vocal social media conspiracy theorists I see posting here are not Thais.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn