Travelers using Don Muang Airport urged to spare generous time before flights

webfact

Travelers using Don Muang Airport urged to spare generous time before flights

BANGKOK, 29 Dec 2014 (NNT) - Don Muang International Airport has urged its passengers to spare generous time before their flights, anticipating heavy traffic to the venue during the upcoming holiday season.

According to airport officials, the routes leading to Don Muang Airport are expected to have heavy traffic from now until January 5th, the long New Year holiday period. The airport thus asked related agencies to help publicize the matter to their clients. It is necessary to spare at least 2-3 hours for the trip to the airport, the officials claimed.

The airport also promotes its ‘cover walkway’ that links the old domestic passenger building to Building 2, providing easy access for those who plans to leave their cars before their flights and fetch them when they return. The parking service is free from now until January 5th.

The Airport is also offering an overnight parking space at its 7-storey parking building for a price.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-29 footer_n.gif

Oh that really annoys me. Usually I fly expensive Thai Air.

I am wishing to go lower cost now using Air Asia to fly to Bali and several points in Australia and that requires to go via Don Muang Airport.

Now they say it will take longer.

Drat that.

The problem is if everyone comes too early the airport just gets clogged up and things

go even slower. The airport needs to run more efficiently with all security lanes open

and properly staffed. No use arriving early before the check in counters open.

Try using online check-in if you can. Tried it for the first time for DM last month and I seemed to be one of only a handful using it. About 50 people in the regular line while the web check-in counter was empty. Checking in online with AA is not quite as simple as JetStar but still only takes a minute or two.

The problem is if everyone comes too early the airport just gets clogged up and things

go even slower. The airport needs to run more efficiently with all security lanes open

and properly staffed. No use arriving early before the check in counters open.

huh, there's no such thing as too early....

Using on line check in and seating is the only way to go anymore. Makes the process a whole lot easier