Trees for a thai garden!

Hi,

after I recently got rid of my 10 meter high xxxcking bamboo bushes, I am planning to plant several trees or plants along a wall, seperating the neighbours property from mine.

As I had problems with bamboo leaves in my pool in the past, I am looking for trees that are not loosing to many leaves arround the year or high growing bushes like the bougainville. Any idea, experience, tipps?

THX

Munich

post-149740-0-69519100-1419903330_thumb.Samuijimmy's advice is excellent as always. I could also suggest red-stemmed palm, they stay quite vertical and bushy compared to some other palms but are quite slow-growing so you'd need to buy them fairly big to start with - not cheap but almost no maintenance unless you get a very dry spell and they need some watering.

Also agree with Jimmy about the bamboo - I got rid of a big hedge four months ago, and the guys did their best to get all the roots out but couldn't get all of it and still last week I had some new shoots come up - advise you to wait a while to deal with possible new shoots before you plant other things.

Edited by Dukgae
  • Like 1

It would be good to know which area of Thailand the OP lives, plants like Boxwood would not grow (well) in the warmer areas or the southern regions... (probably fine up north or higher elevations, where it is cooler at night)

Sometimes a little more information is needed! wink.png

Thanks to all of you,

I am living in Huay Yai, near Jomtien!

Sammuijimmy thanks for the Peacock Tree suggestion, I saw the tree before, but had no idea about the name, beautifull! I have two Hisbiscus allready, but it seems to be to hot in the direct sun for them.

Dukgae - I have several palms already, so I need something else - but you are right - cheap and no maintenance.

Regarding the bamboo - I think I got a species that is not spreading, so no roots could be found out of a 1 meter radius of the plants.

Happy New Year to all friends from ThaiVisa!!

Munich

• Like 1