kawasaki synthetic oil

skilled

I wonder to myself, in what way would a synthetic oil be different in the "car" version, and the "motorcycle" version. In my unenlightened state, I'm just using "car" synthetic. No catastrophe yet. Use multi-vis of your pleasure, I think. "Mobil 1" has a good name for itself. Synthetics don't break down with time and heat as much as "chemically thickened" normal engine oil because the oil molecule is actually made longer with heat, pressure, a catalyst, some hydrogen, etc. in a "reformer" at the refinery. Should be "lovely-glovely".

Edited by Longtooth

Certain types of automotive oils can cause clutch problems in a motorcycle with a wet-clutch. The problem oils are marked as "energy conserving". At least in the US, that is how they are marked.

The car stuff should be OK for a scooter with the automatic transmission. No?

There's still a wet clutch even in auto scooters.

My PCX uses a centrifugal clutch, like a snowmobile.

I have a Suzuki KingQuad in Canada which is auto and from what I understand is the same system as in smowmobiles too, there are 2 clutch systems, one is dry and one is wet. I'd think the auto scooters are the same but I can't confirm, never had an auto scooter.

Drive chain i.e. Honda wave, clutch run in oil inside tranny.

Drive belt i.e. PCX, Nouvo, etc. run dry in belt housing.

HD clutch runs wet in chaincase, drive pulley outside with belt runs dry. But HD has transmission. PCX the drive system is a CVT.

Edited by seedy
  • Like 1