Tsunami, large wild animals, snakes spiders and ?

1happykamper

It would depend a lot on just where in Thailand you would be.

Are these things you want to experience or avoid?

I am well away from " Tourist Thailand " that makes me very safe from ( extremely rare anyway ) Tsunamis and very likely to experience large animals, large snakes and large spiders...that I enjoy!

Again.....what part of Thailand are you asking about?

• Like 1

Only had one tsunami and that was 10 years ago so you will probably have to wait on the beach for quite a while for another.

Snakes you will be lucky to see alive but plenty of dead ones on the roads, spiders the same as anywhere else, scorpions only in some parts.

As for large wild animals, elephants on the road at Kaeng Krachan National Park is the best bet if you want to see them.

Other than that the dangerous mad dogs are everywhere and Englishmen out in the midday sun.

• Like 1

Phuket can satisfy your needs for large wild animals. Bangla Road, Patong, any night after 9pm will provide the animals. They are easily identified by the lack of shirtsleeves and the amount of tattoos. That is just the female of the species. The males can be recognised as they will be watching any form of televised sport in any wateringhole with an antipodean flag even remotely displayed.

• Like 1

Okaaaaaaay. And the OP has just left the stage.

Yeah, I can't blame you. Why back away slowly from a bunch of weirdos when you can turn and run?

Seriously, I have met more centipedes than any other threat. I have seen the odd snake, but didn't feel threatened.

Actually a funny story. I was swinging in a hammock when my sister in law came over and bashed a cobra to death right under my ass. Each time my butt swung past it, it raised it's head, but didn't strike. Imagine being admitted to hospital with cobra bite to buttocks?

Centipedes....Shake your boots before putting them on. Check you bedding...

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't blame you. Why back away slowly from a bunch of weirdos when you can turn and run?

Seriously, I have met more centipedes than any other threat. I have seen the odd snake, but didn't feel threatened.

Actually a funny story. I was swinging in a hammock when my sister in law came over and bashed a cobra to death right under my ass. Each time my butt swung past it, it raised it's head, but didn't strike. Imagine being admitted to hospital with cobra bite to buttocks?

better in your lower back than front,innit?

better in your lower back than front,innit?

Depends. Does it induce swelling? Maybe in the front isn't so bad..

Yes snakes and centipedes are a problem. We had 2 Cobras in the yard this year. Not good with the kids running around.

A few years ago a large Cobra managed to drown itself in our water well. We only realised because of a strange smell when showering.