Udon Thani: One girl killed and another injured in car-train crash

webfact

One girl killed and another injured in car-train crash

30-12-2557-18-36-37-wpcf_728x409.jpg

UDON THANI: -- One five-year old girl was killed and her uncle was seriously injured when a train crashed into their pick-up truck as it was trying to cross a railway track in Udon Thani province Tuesday.

Non Sa-ard district police said that Mr Sayant Nasinsoi, 58, driving in a pick-up truck after a visit to the town to buy some automobile spare parts, tried to cross the railway track in Ban Kor Noi, Tambon Thom Na Ngarm, Non Sa-ard district without noticing an approaching Nakhon Ratchasima- Nong Khai train No 415 which just left Khao Suan Kwang railway station.

The train crashed into the truck in full force and dragged it for a distance of about 100 metres before it was thrown out of the track and rested in an empty field 15 metres away.

The two victims were later rushed to the district hospital but the girl was pronounced dead shortly afterward.

Mr Chalermchai Intha, senior assistant district officer, said that the road in which the ill-fated truck was travelling had just been upgraded from laterite to concrete hence prompting motorists

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-girl-killed-another-injured-car-train-crash

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-31

The uncle should be banged up for murder!*

RIP little girl and sympathies to the rest of the family and the engine driver.

*Edit: unless of course it was a manned or otherwise barriered crossing. Poor journalism not to clarify! [i usually check even at these, which irritates my TWfacepalm.gif]

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

That's now Two train accidents in Udon in 2 days. Why oh why do people not look when crossing?

Why do Thai's not look before pulling in roadway with motorcycle, Truck, Car, Tractor, Bicycle or on foot...?

i can give you many reasons... but i'm not gonna do as i'm sure it will upset many (Thai) people.

The truth always hurt, ya know.... coffee1.gif

Really feel sorry for the kid ! RIP

That's now Two train accidents in Udon in 2 days. Why oh why do people not look when crossing?

Why do Thai's not look before pulling in roadway with motorcycle, Truck, Car, Tractor, Bicycle or on foot...?

i can give you many reasons... but i'm not gonna do as i'm sure it will upset many (Thai) people.

The truth always hurt, ya know.... coffee1.gif

Really feel sorry for the kid ! RIP

Let me say it then - thais (not all of course) are dumb when it comes to traffic-behavior, no one can argue with that

*Edit: unless of course it was a manned or otherwise barriered crossing. Poor journalism not to clarify! [i usually check even at these, which irritates my TWfacepalm.gif]

I definitely share your opinion here.

Also, in anticipation that others will now go off and blame the government for not having better barriers/crossings, I will offer a pre-emptive reply that people are always and will always be responsible for themselves.

And in this case an innocent child has sadly died. Barriers or no barriers, I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone should EVER be killed by a train in such a way, let alone two in the same week on the same train line.

I know the Udon Thani railway crossings well and there is always cars backed up across them. I've even had people beep at me because I stopped before the train-tracks instead of on them.

• Like 1

every one should take a good long look at that p/u......I have been involved in too many of these and I remember each one, I will say this,...at night staring at the track and seeing a vehicle on the crossing you go into panic mode, blow the whistle franticly and wait for the impact,with the engine headlights on bright you see the looks on their faces,and as a loco operator for 35 years I still remember the faces...sawade no crap

• Like 1

I definitely share your opinion here.

Also, in anticipation that others will now go off and blame the government for not having better barriers/crossings, I will offer a pre-emptive reply that people are always and will always be responsible for themselves.

And in this case an innocent child has sadly died. Barriers or no barriers, I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone should EVER be killed by a train in such a way, let alone two in the same week on the same train line.

I know the Udon Thani railway crossings well and there is always cars backed up across them. I've even had people beep at me because I stopped before the train-tracks instead of on them.

Morrons, imbecils, etc etc etc etc...............................

"without noticing an approaching Nakhon Ratchasima- Nong Khai train" Shouldn't this read "without looking to see if a train was approaching". Stupid floocking plick.

Picking on the journalists composition is non productive, as are most posts here, mine included. Nothing will bring the little girl back because her stupid uncle did not stop at the crossing and look for death coming down the tracks. RIP little girl and my heart felt condolences to a family who will no longer have the joy of her smile and her laughter.

There's a railway crossing when i take a shortcut to get to work. Many times, the gates won't open from alone and I've also driven through, as it didn't open quite a few times.

I don't think that it was the guy's intention to harm anybody, shit happens every day and all the time.

He has to live with it now and that's already a strange situation. No need that TVF keyboard warriors are calling him a killer.

I made many mistakes in my life as well and maybe only had good luck. Let's hope that there's a heaven for little kids, where they can play and be happy.

And such accidents also happen in more civilized countries.

Edited by lostinisaan

Everyone knows that it is against the Thai law for any Thai driver to look when coming out into a main road, crossroads, train crossing, change lanes or to use the rear view mirrors.

But very sad to loose a child.

• Like 1