Which Championship Sides Would You Like To See Promoted

SantiSuk

The Championship race seems to be likely top be sorted between the current top 6:

Bournemouth

Ipswich

Derby

Middlesborough

Watford

Brentford

Norwich, Wolves and Blackburn are big clubs who could yet sneak into the playoffs.

So which ones would you like to see in the division next year and why? Personal prejudice allowed, if explained.

For me, I've lived in Norwich and colleged near Ipswich over my student days and supported both (no surprises there eh Chicog?) so the prospect of East Anglian derbys in the prem would be interesting.

Not sure that's the best choice for the Prem though and both would be yoyos IMO. If I set that aside and think of the historical angle it would be nice to have Wolves and Derby back. Dunno why but have no affections for Middlesborough. Blackburn? - well there are too many sides on the wrong side of the Pennines up there already!

First choice has to be one of the two potential smaller newbies and I guess Bournemouth is more likely to be a stayer than Brentford so I'll go for them. Indeed if I was a travelling UK-based fan I would be looking forward to an autumn or spring weekend on the Dorset coast.

Of course its a real shame that the biggest of the European cities not to have a currently recognised top flight football team can't get it's act together and is more likely to be relegated than elevated from the Championship. No prizes for guessing who that is, but guess away.

I'd like Watford....been to the ground a few times and a decent support and enjoyable stadium.

I'm gonna show my provincial roots by saying we don't need any more London clubs (unless we lose a couple this year; one of which seems quite possible)smile.png

Yes it's a nice ground Smokie - been there a couple of times but maybe ten years ago when my Sunderalando mate used to drag me out to his away games at grounds we knew we would get into. The Tynesiders always made much more noise than the Watford fans (or fans of most other London clubs in that category).

Out of the top ish lot atm , ive got to go for Brentford, they are a breath of fresh air to a rather dullish almost repetative bunch of candidates. Next in line 4 me would be Bournemouth.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't rule out Bolton. I had some reservations about Neil Lennon but he has sorted the defence out (first manager to do so since Big Sam left) and has got the team out of the losing habit. It's the exception now, rather than the rule, particularly away from home. There's often a dark horse coming up on the rails into the play-offs and it could well be Bolton's year. COYW!!

Don't rule out Bolton. I had some reservations about Neil Lennon but he has sorted the defence out (first manager to do so since Big Sam left) and has got the team out of the losing habit. It's the exception now, rather than the rule, particularly away from home. There's often a dark horse coming up on the rails into the play-offs and it could well be Bolton's year. COYW!!

Hope not. Took years to be rid of them last time.

Leeds are the only club I want back up.

redrus

I look at teams like Nottingham Forest and Leeds and think about their long time supporters who knew better times...must be quite depressing,they get my sympathy vote

Sympathy, is a bit strong a word for me mate. Especially when it comes to Leeds, I wonder their thoughts on us, being in the lower leagues for so long, their vehemence and hatred runs deep, and their vitriol would still be heard loud in pubs across the North.

As it is now, they have no answer and we have no care. Their banter still runs on Beckfords winner 5 years ago in the FA Cup, my pal had his wedding on that day last week, because of that fact, and was probably the only reason he invited me, the only United fan there.. :lol:

redrus

Leeds are the only club I want back up.

redrus

I look at teams like Nottingham Forest and Leeds and think about their long time supporters who knew better times...must be quite depressing,they get my sympathy vote

Sympathy, is a bit strong a word for me mate. Especially when it comes to Leeds, I wonder their thoughts on us, being in the lower leagues for so long, their vehemence and hatred runs deep, and their vitriol would still be heard loud in pubs across the North.

As it is now, they have no answer and we have no care. Their banter still runs on Beckfords winner 5 years ago in the FA Cup, my pal had his wedding on that day last week, because of that fact, and was probably the only reason he invited me, the only United fan there.. laugh.png

redrus

Its a pity that Man U are now so rich that a club who for 100 years could give them a run for their money and was a genuine rival will never be able to compete with them unless an Arab buys them out.

Have to make do with the fake rivalry with clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal.

Id like to see Sheff Wed in the top flight along with Leeds and get rid of the London crap like QPR and Palace.

^

Not sure it's as much do with Man United being rich, as it is Leeds fan base being pretty much Leeds based. Now, I know that's not their fault but, in the long and short of it, it does make a massive difference.

redrus

Hope not. Took years to be rid of them last time.

Some tried....some failed.