2015-recommended-tradesmen-services-travel-teachers-baby-sitters-pet-care-etc

Rooo

Best pharmacy I found so far:

Ring Road between Bophut and Chaweng, opposite the PTT gas station a bit north of Bangkok Hospital.

There are actually two pharmacies. I do NOT mean the Morya. I mean the strange combi-shop of "Protein and Supplements" and a pharmacy. You actually don't really see the pharmacy sign among the huge protein signs.

Inside, a vast array of muscle fitness related products and a pharmacy counter.

Now to the staff: Two are for the proteine stuff. And one other lady is the pharmacist. Now here comes why I feel I must share my experience today with you:

She is fantastic: She must be a full doctor given by the profound knowledge she displayed about every tiniest body function, right down to the most complex bio-chemical processes in the body. I was so impressed, I stayed there for an hour just to listen to the diagnosis and advice she gave to customers ( some embarrassing, like explaining to a young couple why his "performance" might have deteriorated...).

She spoke English very well, actually better than nearly any Thai I have heard so far. However, after finding out that I am German, she switched to... German!

I was so surprised, and I asked her why she knew German, and she just said:

" I like to learn."

Wow.

So when you happen to pass by, drop in and see for yourself.

Edited by ocejanic

This guy saved my holiday from absolute disaster!

Having visted Koh Samui before, I knew its stunning wildlife. This time I came equipped to film it, with high-end camcorder and high-volume batteries. I also knew about Samui power cuts, at least I thought I did. What I didn't know about however were the nasty power surges and spikes which inevitably follow them. The first such spike killed my only battery charger. There I was with 5 weeks of Samui ahead and only half an hour more of charge.

Desperately I started scouring Internet for someone who could deliver a new one, only to find that suppliers of electrical goods universally shun Thailand because of the infamous customs delays, losses and prices. Indeed I knew of others in the past having to travel from Samui to Bangkok (a one-hour plane trip each way - exclusive delays - or a day by sea and land) just to complete the formalities and pay the charges for the goods they were importing, and of course carry them back to Samui themselves. All the freight firms carry a clause for Thailand expressly placing the responsibility for clearing customs charges and formalities with the customer. I saw it taking at least my remaining 5 weeks just to get a new charger.

Then somebody recommended somebody who recommended me:

Mr. Crocodile!

Electronics repair shop at Chaweng on the Ring Road, directly opposite Tesco Lotus. Recognisable by large "Panasonic" sign in front.

25/74 Moo 6B, Tambon Bon, Chaweng, Koh Samui Surat Thani 84320

He fixed my charger within a day, working again, as good as new! Thank you so much, Mr. Crocodile!

After that I bought a hefty power extension cable with built-in surge protection, which I recommend everyone coming to Koh Samui to do. They are on sale everywhere!

And of course, for all your electronics needs or problems on the island, visit the expert Mr. Crocodile!

• 2 months later...

I am looking for a really good Doctor. One who knows how to diagnose and is not too lazy to take the time necessary. I have had an ongoing cough since about 9 January and have been to a couple of clinics and Bangkok Samui Hospital. The doctors I have experienced seem to be great at telling me what I don't have. It would be very helpful to find one that can tell me, from testing, what I do have.

Does anyone know of such a person?wai2.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...