Like this one...?

sui-mai.jpg

Nam Chim Khanom Chip (Dumpling Dipping Sauce) น้ำจิ้มขนมจีบ

2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons dark sweet soy sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
¼ teaspoon chopped fresh chilies, or to taste
¼ teaspoon salt

Combine all the ingredients and blend well. Serve with kanom jeeb or Chinese dumplings. Referigerate any remaining portion in a tightly covered glass jar. It will keep for a long time.

Upnotover's recipe doesn't match the image. The recipe contains dark sweet soy (kecap manis), so if actually made would be black.

OP, there are a range of different sauces paired with khanom jeeb. Without more of a description it's impossible to tell which one you're referring to. (I can't make any sense of "jigsho".) Is it thick or thin? Sour or sweet? Smooth or with bits in it?

It's Worcestershire sauce. จิ๊กโฉ่ว appears to be the Chinese word for Worcestershire sauce. In Thai it's known as ซอสเปรี้ยว (literally "sour sauce").

This is slightly odd since it's usually only served with deep fried dim sum (the sourness balances the greasiness of the food). The recipe Upnotover posted is much more typical with dumplings.

You can buy it at Tesco-Lotus

http://shoponline.tescolotus.com/en-GB/ProductDetail/ProductDetail/6071456708

http://shoponline.tescolotus.com/en-GB/ProductDetail/ProductDetail/6002540142

• 10 months later...

Dear All,

"Jigsho" is the chinese language which Thai people call for " Soy Sauce" , or we call in Thai word that " Sii Aew Kao" ..

"Sii Aew" is Sauce

"Kao" is White

This Sii Aew Kao is not seemed to be sticky kind of sauce, its kind likes as the liquid of water. Its color is dark brown.

If another kind of soy sauce which is quite sticky and having sweet taste,also having dark brown color. This one, Thais call "Sii Aew Dam" or "Sii Aew Whan"

"Sii Aew" is Sauce

"Dam" is Black

"Whan" is Sweet

Both of these "Jigsho (Sii Aew Kao) and Sii Aew Dam/Whan" , we use them to put as choices as ingredients for some foods as you can drop or put them in your foods to make them more flavorful.

I guess the Jigsho which Mr. Farang 000999 would like to know is the "Soy Sauce" which taste a bit sour and having dark brown color. You can buy it under the name of "Nguan Chiang" is very propular brand in Thailand. There are in all supermarket around Thailand.

But if you would like to eat " Tim Sum " ( Chiness Food ) , I would like to recommend " Gy-Nguang Worcester Sauce" Formula 1 ( Cream Label ) for dipping your TimSum.... I guarantee that it will be delicious more than dipping in Soy Sauce for sure.

Soy Sauce is not the same kind of Worcester Sauce.

Worcester Sauce has much many ingredients than Soy Sauce. The ingredients of Worcester Sauce which Soy Sauce has not have, are over ten kinds of (herbal)spices and dry red chili that not having in Soy Sauce.

Gy-Nguang Worcester Sauce that you can find and buy it in all supermarket around Thailand such as Tesco, BigC, Tops or Villa Supermarkets

Gy-Nguang Worcester Sauce

Formula1 ( Cream Label) is using for Asian Foods such as Thai Chinese Japanese.

Formula2 ( Orange Label ) is using for European Foods as kinds of BBQ , Stew , Steak.

If you would like to view the images of Gy-Nguang Worcester Sauce, you can visit www.facebook.com/GyNguang

Please try it.

Thank you smile.png)

post-149966-0-12245200-1448435765_thumb.

Dear All,

"Jigsho" is the chinese language which Thai people call for " Soy Sauce" , or we call in Thai word that " Sii Aew Kao" ..

"Sii Aew" is Sauce

"Kao" is White

This Sii Aew Kao is not seemed to be sticky kind of sauce, its kind likes as the liquid of water. Its color is dark brown.

If another kind of soy sauce which is quite sticky and having sweet taste,also having dark brown color. This one, Thais call "Sii Aew Dam" or "Sii Aew Whan"

"Sii Aew" is Sauce

"Dam" is Black

"Whan" is Sweet

Both of these "Jigsho (Sii Aew Kao) and Sii Aew Dam/Whan" , we use them to put as choices as ingredients for some foods as you can drop or put them in your foods to make them more flavorful.

I guess the Jigsho which Mr. Farang 000999 would like to know is the "Soy Sauce" which taste a bit sour and having dark brown color. You can buy it under the name of "Nguan Chiang" is very propular brand in Thailand. There are in all supermarket around Thailand.

But if you would like to eat " Tim Sum " ( Chiness Food ) , I would like to recommend " Gy-Nguang Worcester Sauce" Formula 1 ( Cream Label ) for dipping your TimSum.... I guarantee that it will be delicious more than dipping in Soy Sauce for sure.

Worcester Sauce has much many ingredients than Soy Sauce. The ingredients of Worcester Sauce which Soy Sauce has not have, are over ten kinds of (herbal)spices and dry red chili that not having in Soy Sauce.

Gy-Nguang Worcester Sauce that you can find and buy it in all supermarket around Thailand such as Tesco, BigC, Tops or Villa Supermarkets

Formula2 ( Orange Label ) is using for European Foods as kinds of BBQ , Stew , Steak.

If you would like to view the images of Gy-Nguang Worcester Sauce, you can visit www.facebook.com/GyNguang

Please try it.

Thank you smile.png)

I normally don't like commercial spam postings here, but this is a good one. I hope the moderators don't delete.

The following link gives the ingredients of both types of sauce: http://www.gy-nguang.com/the_secret.html

Neither is really Worcester (or, rather Worcestershire) sauce, which includes onions, garlic, anchovies and tamarind. However, they are perfectly palatable, and a reasonable substitute for the real thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear All,

"Sii Aew" is Sauce

"Kao" is White

"Sii Aew" is Sauce

"Dam" is Black

"Whan" is Sweet

Please try it.

Thank you smile.png)

I normally don't like commercial spam postings here, but this is a good one. I hope the moderators don't delete.

The following link gives the ingredients of both types of sauce: http://www.gy-nguang.com/the_secret.html

Neither is really Worcester (or, rather Worcestershire) sauce, which includes onions, garlic, anchovies and tamarind. However, they are perfectly palatable, and a reasonable substitute for the real thing.

agree with you AYG,

I and confirm that Jig cho is not normal soy sauce.

Jig Cho is like Worcester sauce. it is sour sauce. there are many band in supermarket.

8850885991793.jpg

1223598165.gif

Edited by champa