Got a smart phone from my gf - is she spying on me?

Nayet

Thanks for the advice, folks. I am not paranoid. In fact, I think she is probably not trying to spy on me, but I can't be certain without verifying. We have been together for 2-1/2 years, and I know her fairly well, but a lot of people have lived with and completely trusted their partner for far longer than that and then found out they have been betrayed. That is not news to anyone here. Not that I think tracking me is really a betrayal.

[/quot

Go buy exactly the same phone, sell the one that she bought and use the one you bought.

is she spying on me?

http://www.android-keylogger.net/category/android-keylogger/

Yes. She is. Go to settings / Backup and Reset ...and punch "factory data reset"

Start from scratch as if it was a new phone.

Did the OP say that his phone runs on Android? The fact that he did not mention the brand name, model and operating system makes one wonder about his motives for starting this topic.

It amuses me to see the kind of relationships some people have here (as well as how some people think in response).
How could so many end up with someone they can't trust? I wouldn't stay a day...

My wife is 3 years older than me, but we are both in our 30's. Never had any problems with suspicion. And we both have about the same economy, so be both give about the same value of gifts, and even if that would not be the case I would not care, since it's about the fact that someone wants to buy something for you (or you for her), if that rises suspicions then obviously something is wrong...

Edited by banglassie
  • Like 1

If you wear your tin foil hat at all times, will stop the pesky app - and of course stop you being abducted by aliens.

Why on earth can't you appreciate the gift from your gf- it might have taken ages to save up for this present.

On the other hand maybe you should think carefully about your relationship- its totally obvious from your OP that you are cheating on her- maybe she deserves better?

• Like 2

A bit paranoid I reckon. And since when do people give such extravagant gifts for New Years? What did she give you for your birthday, a car? Check the brake cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just look at what apps are installed. Google and many other apps track you. You can change this in the settings. I would recommend you buy the book "Samsung Galaxy for Dummies" or similar book or read up online.

1: Make a new google account in your name ofc.

2: In phone go to device info and do a factory reset.

3: Be sure the simcard aint registered in her name. If it is buy a new one or change it in your name

3: Register the resetted phone with your new google account.

Thats it..

She can track you if the sim card or the google account is in her name.

is she spying on me?

Yes. She is. Go to settings / Backup and Reset ...and punch "factory data reset"

Did the OP say that his phone runs on Android? The fact that he did not mention the brand name, model and operating system makes one wonder about his motives for starting this topic.

Makes zero difference. All cells with operating system ...android or iPhone have tracking apps. The iPhone also has a tract for stolen/lost cells. The op is about more. Its about someone knowing where you are and everything from reading your SMS and emails. This was initially designed for parents to monitor children.

I suggest the op do this. Detect if cell has app installed. ( easy) ..if so DO NOTHING. Use that cell to type lovely messages about your gf and have a second cell to do what you want. Same as poker...play cards close to chest.

is she spying on me?

Samsung Galaxy... sounds like Android to me, pretty sure it's not going to be IOS...

Tell her than you very much for the lovely gift. Then take it to TukCom or MBK and trade it for a new iPhone 6 (2 sizes to choose from). Won't cost that much to upgrade

and you will definitely like the phone much better, as the user experience is night & day.

Then you will not have to worry about the tracking issue.

P.S. Do not give her the password to your iTunes account under any circumstances.

If she asks about the phone, just tell her it was nice, but you much prefer the iPhone, so you changed it.

End of Story

Love your joke! cheesy.gif

Trade down to overpriced iPhone and stupid "lock you in sucker" ecosystem! whistling.gif

It would be far cheaper to reset the phone to factory settings, perhaps get an additional sim card (if you got some naughtiness planned) and DO NOT FORGET TO TURN OFF GPS tracking! coffee1.gif

This will reset to phone to factory condition and delete all the apps that your GF may have added

PRESS AND HOLD VOLUME UP + Home Button (or VOLUME UP + DOWN)
Keep pressing these 2 buttons + press Power button for 2-3 Seconds

Release only power button, but KEEP pressing Volume up + Home Buttons (or VOL UP + DOWN)

With Volume down select wipe data/factory reset > Press Power (or HOME)

Lucky guy unlike 90% of the guys here you got something from her instead of having to give her gold and other stuff and not getting anything yourself.

As others stated factory wipe of phone and reinstall will do it.

Probably why he's thinking this. What, you're giving me a gift??

A bit paranoid I reckon. And since when do people give such extravagant gifts for New Years? What did she give you for your birthday, a car? Check the brake cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't think there's been a car with cable brakes since about 1955.

But you're right about the rest lol!

if its a new phone, simply reset it to factory settings if you are afraid

It depends on how paranoid you are - if the phone can be rooted, it's quite possible to install apps on it in a way that will survive factory reset - basically, all you need to do is root the phone, install the app, move it from /data/app to /system, unroot it and do a factory reset.

The next time someone turns in on, they get the standard out-of-box experience - but the app that was copied to /system is already installed, and will remain installed even if you factory reset it again.

You need to reflash the phone to actually get rid of it.

Wipe the phone, and reload the operating system. Or just be faithful... :-)

After you have wiped it, if the following week she asks you if your phone

is ok, then you will know she put in tracking software.

What nonsense is this. I actually asked mine to install it so we could track each others phone if lost.

These posts here sure suggest infidelity is running rampant in Thailand

• Like 1

if its a new phone, simply reset it to factory settings if you are afraid

It depends on how paranoid you are - if the phone can be rooted, it's quite possible to install apps on it in a way that will survive factory reset - basically, all you need to do is root the phone, install the app, move it from /data/app to /system, unroot it and do a factory reset.

The next time someone turns in on, they get the standard out-of-box experience - but the app that was copied to /system is already installed, and will remain installed even if you factory reset it again.

You need to reflash the phone to actually get rid of it.

Somehow I can't imagine the average Thai girl would have a clue on how to do this. Extorting money without appearing to do so, having multiple Facebook accounts, juggling half a dozen boyfriends in the same day and remembering which phone to answer in which voice is more up their street.