Numbers of tourists from Russia falling by the minute

Lite Beer

I play golf a lot. Never met a Russian on a golf course.

I go downtown Pattaya sometimes. Never met a Russian in any of the bars I frequent.

Never met any Russians in the Mapbrachan area where I live.

So really the downturn isn't going to be appreciated by yours truly.

Except::: in the airport where whole families would hold up several lines while expecting the immigration officer to fill in their cards

You NEVER met ANY Russians in Pattaya?

BOY you have a problem my friend.

OR you are a one very LUCKY man.

The good news about the Russians gets better by the day.

This is a Christmas miracle! The good news is that the homicide rate, fraud, theft and assault rate will finally really go down at least in the short term.

CAREFUL Grant what you say about the Ruskies.

I wrote a post on TV about them and was BANNED.

And it was the TRUTH.

• Like 2

Hmmm .. could we postulate that the Russians still coming to Thailand, are earning money here?

.. when actually they shouldn't be?

Whatever, Yingluk did say she wanted to attract a better class of tourist. I wouldn't be sorry to see the last of them. The only ones I've met here were arrogant *rseholes .

Edited by TechnikaIII

I was Nha Trang, Vietnam for 6 weeks in November and December. Russians make up about 95% tourist there. It even seems the Vietnamese don't like them, but they like the money....but not all. The hotel I was staying at, would actually tell the walk-in Russians customers that they were full, and had no rooms available, but I knew they did.

I was shocked how rude some of Russian people are. Maybe because they are literally buying bottles of vodka for breakfast. After saying that, I did meet a few really nice Russians in Nha Trang.

I noticed a HUGE decline of tourist from November and December! At least 50% drop in Nha Trang, Vietnam.. So that means several thousand tourist drop in just a few weeks.

bad news if your a tourism business that depends on these nationalitys

the statements by some TV members is mind boggleing about Russia and putin ...i suggest swithing off CNN then reserch what you think you know

about>

couple of hints

George Sorros, UN , IMF, US military build up in Europe, US citizen to be Ukraines new PM

The business of news is to sell and generate revenue. Media, of whatever color, seems to have an agenda that is often camouflaged to pacify, confuse and obscure fact.

It is up to each individual to decide which is genuine reporting and which is a colorful fabrication of the truth.

I don't know anymore than my neighbor who thinks he knows more than everyone else.

Easy Does It.

Does this mean they will get rid of the Russian hookers off Walking Street? Also close the Russian agogo down. The Russian families that come here for holiday are no problem at all.

An economic downturn in Russia will probably mean fewer families and straight tourists and more hookers and mafia types.

• Like 2

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Putin didnt invade Ukraine. What do watch? Fox News the BBC perhaps. The US and EU where behind a coup that overthrew a democraticly elected government (not the first time). And then lie as if Russia was the bad guy. Its the reverse. Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia. I hope Russia stand up to these bullies and that there economy turns round.

Hitler's same rationale for invading Poland. First, send in the settlers. Then have them whine how the host country won't convert to invaders' culture, and beg the Fatherland to rescue them.

Most of the Russians I have met here just want to get away from the crap going on back home and live a peaceful life. They've added a lot to the expat community in a positive way. Then again, I don't live in Pattaya.

The East Prussians were there for centuries already

• Like 1

It is NO surprise to read so much racist crap [yes ... RACIST !!!] in a threat like this.

The question would be:

What makes people happy to see a whole economy in Russia being deliberately destroyed by

Western Interests making a huge amount of people suffer ?

Why is it that people are happy about a currency falling apart [Russia] making people suffer ?

Is it really that far that the "moral high ground people" in this forum are that brain dead ?

I know lots of very friendly and nice Russians around here on Samui.

The bad behavior of Russians is just as bad as bad behavior of Brits, Germans, Americans, Chinese, Koreans .... you name it !

The REAL numbers of missing tourists in Thailand is much higher than anybody would admit.

Go look around [if anybody posting here is actually in Thailand !!!] and see what is going on.

Empty Restaurants, empty bars, empty shops.

[i have to admit that I might co-incidently always come to these places 5 minutes after they were full

or 5 minutes before they all fill up ... at any given time of the day]

Fact is that a big number of businesses will not survive this and that's bad for ALL !

So it might be a good idea to think about this whole issue for just 10 seconds BEFORE

getting too happy about a major economy falling apart [in the media]

Just for the sake of the information:

Russia's Depth/GDP is about 20%

USA Depth/GDP is about 87%

Now tell me who is doing worse ...

The world economy is on a HUGE downturn if you look at the REAL numbers...

There is no sign of any recovery and as a fact a recovery is not even possible.

Be careful what you wish for .... the european's are also running out of money

and then the real "quality-tourists" everybody seems to be so eager for will

also not come ! ... but that's never going to happen because it is not in the newspaper [yet].

Big mistake for Thailand and its tourist industry to tie itself so closely to a country whose economy was a house of cards, waiting to collapse. When a business makes a bad choice, then it suffers. Thailand should have diversified. Instead, it went for the Russian and Chinese markets. Wait until China, with its opaque financial system, unravels as well.

How good is that…and if we can limit our visitors from other uneducated, irresponsible, arrogant, bad mannered SEA visitors, then maybe the LOS may once more return…or not! Take your pick on the countries responsible…check the gaols for further information!

It is NO surprise to read so much racist crap [yes ... RACIST !!!] in a threat like this.

The question would be:

What makes people happy to see a whole economy in Russia being deliberately destroyed by

Western Interests making a huge amount of people suffer ?

Why is it that people are happy about a currency falling apart [Russia] making people suffer ?

Is it really that far that the "moral high ground people" in this forum are that brain dead ?

I know lots of very friendly and nice Russians around here on Samui.

The bad behavior of Russians is just as bad as bad behavior of Brits, Germans, Americans, Chinese, Koreans .... you name it !

The REAL numbers of missing tourists in Thailand is much higher than anybody would admit.

Go look around [if anybody posting here is actually in Thailand !!!] and see what is going on.

Empty Restaurants, empty bars, empty shops.

[i have to admit that I might co-incidently always come to these places 5 minutes after they were full

or 5 minutes before they all fill up ... at any given time of the day]

Fact is that a big number of businesses will not survive this and that's bad for ALL !

So it might be a good idea to think about this whole issue for just 10 seconds BEFORE

getting too happy about a major economy falling apart [in the media]

Just for the sake of the information:

Russia's Depth/GDP is about 20%

USA Depth/GDP is about 87%

Now tell me who is doing worse ...

The world economy is on a HUGE downturn if you look at the REAL numbers...

There is no sign of any recovery and as a fact a recovery is not even possible.

Be careful what you wish for .... the european's are also running out of money

and then the real "quality-tourists" everybody seems to be so eager for will

also not come ! ... but that's never going to happen because it is not in the newspaper [yet].

Big mistake for Thailand and its tourist industry to tie itself so closely to a country whose economy was a house of cards, waiting to collapse. When a business makes a bad choice, then it suffers. Thailand should have diversified. Instead, it went for the Russian and Chinese markets. Wait until China, with its opaque financial system, unravels as well.

I don't think Thailand did. It adapts to whoever the customer is and quite quickly.

First come, first serve.

It's strange for me to read that Russian tourists are considered such a large percentage, because in Bangkok the last 5 years, I can't remember ever meeting a Russian person. Just one, on a visa run some years back. I guess they all go to Pattaya, it sounds like? I've never gone there, because the stories I hear it always sounds like city sized Cowboy, ha Maybe that's a stereotype, I don't know.

My experience of Ruskies? Had a few beers and pool comp with a gaggle of them. They spoke pretty good English and I had a good laugh. I flew with a Russian airline once (and survived). Plane was obviously full of Ruskies. Very polite and friendly passengers, although they applauded the pilot/crew on landing in Moscow which was strange (and a little amusing).

Mind you, they probably all weren't the types to live in Pattaya. Pattaya is a city of vice and crime. It attracts all types of criminals and sex pests. Of all nationalities (not everyone of course, but you get my drift).

Actually over the EU they tend to applaud when landing, too. It is strange if you haven't seen that tradition before. It's kind of nice in a way.

I know this will probably get many negative comments ..... but I for one could NOT BE HAPPIER! And that is the consensus of EVERY Farang I know ( I have lived here for 9 years), and every Thai national! As for putin being a hero, I think that many of the readers here do NOT KNOW or talked to many Russians! They hate putin! And all of this started way before the Ukraine business and the US sanctions! Way before!

Edited by JRThailand

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Putin didnt invade Ukraine. What do watch? Fox News the BBC perhaps. The US and EU where behind a coup that overthrew a democraticly elected government (not the first time). And then lie as if Russia was the bad guy. Its the reverse. Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia. I hope Russia stand up to these bullies and that there economy turns round.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif 90% Ehtnic Russian because stalin screwed so many of them.

It was only just over 60% but that still constitutes a majority in a democracy. In addition a lot of Ukrainians in Crimea were smart enough to see that the EU is just making false promises and they would be better off with Russia - in particular in long run. The sanctions are hurting badly but just wait till they backfire on Europe.

And the good news is that the Russians have their old favourite holiday destination back again...

• Like 2

Well, the russian economy is based on an enormous amount of natural resources, mostly oil and gas.

The fact that the US together with Saudi Arabia are manipulating the oil market is a simple effort to bring down

the Russian economy and with it the russian government. No conspiracy theory ... just simple facts.

[or how would anybody explain that Saudi Arabia is flooding the market with oil while prices are going down ?]

It is mainly the russian currency that is brought down than the economy itself.

In the mid term this will have a huge negative effect on the european economies ... especially GERMANY !!!

And what this means should be clear to everybody: if Germany goes into recession it will take the whole world economy with it !!!

[... and all signs right now point to it !!!]

So, we get fewer Germans coming to Thailand, too?

• Like 1