Numbers of tourists from Russia falling by the minute

Lite Beer

I will miss the 80s style big perms coupled with animal skin lamé pants. Farewell to the trend setters.

What? The Germans are not coming to Thailand anymore either?

These ppl was not only Germans, Hippies in general. To be a Hippie is not a question of nationality more about philosophy, but 1 thing is clear these kind of ppl was much more peaceful not so many hooligans in these times as today, simple said less crime and violence.

Does this mean they will get rid of the Russian hookers off Walking Street? Also close the Russian agogo down. The Russian families that come here for holiday are no problem at all.

i wish there were more russian working ladies and gogo bars in pattaya and bangkok.

bad news if your a tourism business that depends on these nationalitys

the statements by some TV members is mind boggleing about Russia and putin ...i suggest swithing off CNN then reserch what you think you know

about>

couple of hints

George Sorros, UN , IMF, US military build up in Europe, US citizen to be Ukraines new PM

LOL...ahh yes the Soros boogeyman....sign. Thanks for the laugh anyways.cheesy.gif . Faux news watchers are funny.

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Putin didnt invade Ukraine. What do watch? Fox News the BBC perhaps. The US and EU where behind a coup that overthrew a democraticly elected government (not the first time). And then lie as if Russia was the bad guy. Its the reverse. Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia. I hope Russia stand up to these bullies and that there economy turns round.

The former president was voted into office on a mandate of closer European ties. When he decided at the last minute to do a 180 the electorate (the people who put him in office on a mandate of closer European ties) were not very happy. All a matter of public record.

Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia.

Crimea was, and still legally is, part of Ukraine not Russia. You cannot vote to remain part of something that you are not part of. After Crimea was annexed by Russia Putin admitted that the forces in plain uniforms were indeed Russian troops, previously he had denied this. Russian troops in disguise rather than the laughable volunteers were involved in the theft of Ukrainian land. This too is a matter of public record.

As for the topic at hand. Lots of Russian (long term) holidaymakers have abandoned Samui. While the number of Russian citizens on Samui has been nowhere near as large as place such as Phuket and Pattaya it is understandable that Samui would lose them as it is more expensive than other places. Not everyone leaving Samui has gone back to Russia though. Many have relocated to Phuket and Pattaya in order to reduce their outgoings. It is possible that some leaving Phuket and Pattaya are also relocating to cheaper alternatives but I don't know if that is the case.

During Putin's second term he tried to Lord it over OPEC which did not go down very well at all. Saudi was particularly displeased and they are essentially the leader of the group. It is no wonder then that OPEC (Saudi) refuses to reduce output. A spokesman said a few weeks back that output will not be reduced even if the price goes down to $20 a barrel. I bet that statement made Putin going into a cold sweat! You reap what you sow old fella.

Edited by notmyself
  • Like 1

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Putin didnt invade Ukraine. What do watch? Fox News the BBC perhaps. The US and EU where behind a coup that overthrew a democraticly elected government (not the first time). And then lie as if Russia was the bad guy. Its the reverse. Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia. I hope Russia stand up to these bullies and that there economy turns round.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, this short term pain for Russia will be longer term gain: the shift to China for trade, freeing itself from USD ties with a greater focus on RMB denominated activity= backfire on US and Europe. It may take a while but the Russians will be back.

They won't be back as your Euro-masters as they once were, because they don't have anything to sell except oil and gas. They don't make or create anything.

They make a lot of things. It's just that most of it is crap compared to western alternatives.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, this short term pain for Russia will be longer term gain: the shift to China for trade, freeing itself from USD ties with a greater focus on RMB denominated activity= backfire on US and Europe. It may take a while but the Russians will be back.

They won't be back as your Euro-masters as they once were, because they don't have anything to sell except oil and gas. They don't make or create anything.

They make a lot of things. It's just that most of it is crap compared to western alternatives.

Like Faberge and AK47s? lol.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif 90% Ehtnic Russian because stalin screwed so many of them.

And most of the world was screwed by Imperialist Britain so no need to hang on to the Falklands, Gibralter then hey. The US covert imperliasm (maybe not so covert with 170 military bases worldwide) will end oneday as all empires have in the past. Russia as with Thailand have recently agreed monetary swaps with China. Russia is no fool. There economy will bounce back. And as for the racsist rants on Russian tourists here in Thailand im a Brit and wouldnt been seen dead with the beer idiots from my own country here. It doesnt mean all Brits are like that though.

700+ bases

• Like 1

It is NO surprise to read so much racist crap [yes ... RACIST !!!] in a threat like this.

The question would be:

What makes people happy to see a whole economy in Russia being deliberately destroyed by

Western Interests making a huge amount of people suffer ?

Why is it that people are happy about a currency falling apart [Russia] making people suffer ?

Is it really that far that the "moral high ground people" in this forum are that brain dead ?

I know lots of very friendly and nice Russians around here on Samui.

The bad behavior of Russians is just as bad as bad behavior of Brits, Germans, Americans, Chinese, Koreans .... you name it !

The REAL numbers of missing tourists in Thailand is much higher than anybody would admit.

Go look around [if anybody posting here is actually in Thailand !!!] and see what is going on.

Empty Restaurants, empty bars, empty shops.

[i have to admit that I might co-incidently always come to these places 5 minutes after they were full

or 5 minutes before they all fill up ... at any given time of the day]

Fact is that a big number of businesses will not survive this and that's bad for ALL !

So it might be a good idea to think about this whole issue for just 10 seconds BEFORE

getting too happy about a major economy falling apart [in the media]

Just for the sake of the information:

Russia's Depth/GDP is about 20%

USA Depth/GDP is about 87%

Now tell me who is doing worse ...

The world economy is on a HUGE downturn if you look at the REAL numbers...

There is no sign of any recovery and as a fact a recovery is not even possible.

Be careful what you wish for .... the european's are also running out of money

and then the real "quality-tourists" everybody seems to be so eager for will

also not come ! ... but that's never going to happen because it is not in the newspaper [yet].

i agree with some of the points you are making, i certainly don't see why anyone should look forward and applaud the collapse of a major economy. This is especially considering how the world has changed since the 2007 crisis loomed.

Also, I don't wish any increase in poverty on any nation no matter who they are, its not good for society overall not the future we should all be building for our kids and the next generation.

I hope the Russian economy picks up and that the political challenges end as soon as possible.

So, these are the points I agree on, the rest I think is complete nonsense.. I have my own view on why and how things have changed over the past 10 to 20 years but one thing I know for sure is the balance of local manufacturing and imports is in totally out of balance right now. China has become the Worlds "factory" in excess. This of course was driven by greed and profits of Western companies big enough to buy in volumes and exploit plentiful and cheap labour.

I see the world eventually falling into a better balance. Manufacturing will return to the Western Worlds and it already is in some industries, not completely of course but remember that Chinas costs are rising and it is becoming viable to return some manufacturing back to Western economies. Also observe that as China and other Asian countries develop Western companies will expand to export their products. This is becoming particularly true as China costs are rising fast.

You only have to look at shopping centres in HK for example and see all the familiar big names, Macdonlads, KFC and hundreds of EU designer labels selling clothes, watches etc,, Plus the demand for EU cars.

So, the money has sloshed over to the East from the West and over time some level of balance will return.

It may sound like I am an optimist but I think I am just being realistic. I hope you are wrong and I am sure you are.

Thats really so so we dont need to se and mainly listen to these primitive rude and in all ways ugly behaving people

If any russians here on this forum then they shoudl tell their own people who they can plaim -

but if you see a russin TV - they have their own " truth"

"This have nothing to do with Ukraine - this is the west - who will kill us" the USA and Uk who are "Facists"

The russian thruth is same kind of thruth Mister Goebbles. Hitlers propaganda minister used in WW2"

no one like russians- forget that " we can friends"

ask the other countries in east europe - who al hate russians and for a good reason

It is good for thai people russians stay away cause they dont like the russians. who are loud. - violent and criminal eat with the fingers -and bring their own alchhol in --

Mr Putin

note this : Lenin - Stalin - Putin

the last one is a danger who will push the bottom - if hes in the corner- the problem is that tyhe west minimize their military budget every year which is a completely wrong signal to send - instead speed it up

good for thais that russians stay away - let hope this wil be more reduced the following years

<deleted> russian

It is NO surprise to read so much racist crap [yes ... RACIST !!!] in a threat like this.

The question would be:

What makes people happy to see a whole economy in Russia being deliberately destroyed by

Why is it that people are happy about a currency falling apart [Russia] making people suffer ?

Is it really that far that the "moral high ground people" in this forum are that brain dead ?

The bad behavior of Russians is just as bad as bad behavior of Brits, Germans, Americans, Chinese, Koreans .... you name it !

The REAL numbers of missing tourists in Thailand is much higher than anybody would admit.

Go look around [if anybody posting here is actually in Thailand !!!] and see what is going on.

[i have to admit that I might co-incidently always come to these places 5 minutes after they were full

Fact is that a big number of businesses will not survive this and that's bad for ALL !

So it might be a good idea to think about this whole issue for just 10 seconds BEFORE

also not come ! ... but that's never going to happen because it is not in the newspaper [yet].

I went out for the past 2 nights in Bangkok and it was the busiest it's been this whole year. I think there may be a slight increase in tourists.

This is all smoke and mirrors as I have seen the "smiles back on Thai faces" from Chinese tourists.

It is because of the New Year holidays. Try again in the middle of January and tell us if it is busy.

In my opinion right after the New Year holidays tourism will drop to a halt. In 2 weeks we will be reading articles about empty hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues!

Really it was new years? I didnt know was just out taking a walk at 11:30pm on the 31st Dec and it was really busy, thought there must have been something on. Thanks.

post-208485-14202206780495_thumb.jpg

Sent from my c64

The question would be:

I went out for the past 2 nights in Bangkok and it was the busiest it's been this whole year. I think there may be a slight increase in tourists.

This is all smoke and mirrors as I have seen the "smiles back on Thai faces" from Chinese tourists.

A SLIGHT INCREASE FROM NEARLY NOTHING 1

A REALLY GREAT NEWS 11

Thats a 110%increase in tourists. TAT will use that next week.

Sent from my c64

My experience of Ruskies? Had a few beers and pool comp with a gaggle of them. They spoke pretty good English and I had a good laugh. I flew with a Russian airline once (and survived). Plane was obviously full of Ruskies. Very polite and friendly passengers, although they applauded the pilot/crew on landing in Moscow which was strange (and a little amusing).

Mind you, they probably all weren't the types to live in Pattaya. Pattaya is a city of vice and crime. It attracts all types of criminals and sex pests. Of all nationalities (not everyone of course, but you get my drift).

Actually over the EU they tend to applaud when landing, too. It is strange if you haven't seen that tradition before. It's kind of nice in a way.

I had this applauding experience mainly with Ryan Air the first time I was thinking, was there somethings wrong with the plane or the pilot I missed while sleeping. whistling.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

The families I saw on holiday were pleasant enough and for them it was probably a great thing because Thailand was one of the countries that let them travel to easily with the visa exemption on arrival. But I won't miss the illegal tourist agencies, the lack of respect for personal space, the disregard for lines, the imported hookers obviously working while here on travel visas, hotels being "booked" entirely by them even though the hotel was barely occupied, The russian economy no doubt is a big factor on the falling tourist numbers, but the recent immigration crackdown had a big effect also.

I THINK THEY SAME LIKE THE BRITS

NOT ANY FOREIGN LANGUAGE

OK; CHINESE JOIN THE SAME GROUP

What do you mean? Do you mean that Brits, Russians and Chinese do not bother to learn other languages?

Thats really so so we dont need to se and mainly listen to these primitive rude and in all ways ugly behaving people

If any russians here on this forum then they shoudl tell their own people who they can plaim -

but if you see a russin TV - they have their own " truth"

"This have nothing to do with Ukraine - this is the west - who will kill us" the USA and Uk who are "Facists"

The russian thruth is same kind of thruth Mister Goebbles. Hitlers propaganda minister used in WW2"

no one like russians- forget that " we can friends"

ask the other countries in east europe - who al hate russians and for a good reason

It is good for thai people russians stay away cause they dont like the russians. who are loud. - violent and criminal eat with the fingers -and bring their own alchhol in --

Mr Putin

note this : Lenin - Stalin - Putin

the last one is a danger who will push the bottom - if hes in the corner- the problem is that tyhe west minimize their military budget every year which is a completely wrong signal to send - instead speed it up

good for thais that russians stay away - let hope this wil be more reduced the following years

<deleted> russian

You are so full of hate you must be a very unhappy person. labelling the US and UK as facists, what are you talking about.

The US is by far the leading economy in the World today and as such it gets "involved" in the affairs of other countries where it sees injustice, suppression, genecide or anything of that nature. Now of course I, and no one else is naive enough to think that this is a perfect system and that the intentions are always as they are claimed to be because of course they are not but I would ask you what is the alternative? If China were the leading nation today what would you expect to see?

Whatever happens in the world someone is always unhappy and someone is always screaming conspiracy, its always been that way but it is getting more difficult with information being so freely available.

My advice to you is live your life, be happy and stop reading too much, its polluting your mind into hating everyone.

I hope that the Russian economy rebounds and I hope the country moves forward,, it would be no bad thing for anyone.

bad news if your a tourism business that depends on these nationalitys

the statements by some TV members is mind boggleing about Russia and putin ...i suggest swithing off CNN then reserch what you think you know

about>

couple of hints

George Sorros, UN , IMF, US military build up in Europe, US citizen to be Ukraines new PM

Russia reaps the seeds it sows, stop watching RT

Yes, everyone knows that the opinions and informative views offered on Thai Visa Forum are much closer to the truth and reality.clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

The question would be:

I can wait until the Chinese New Year will be over, then will disappear a lot of these smiles.

Then can you add a new name for Thailand the Land of the bankruptcies.

The only way Russia will "be back" is if this ends in the downfall of Putin. That and when the price of oil gets near $100 again. Russia doesn't have a normally functioning free market economy and its over reliance of oil and natural resources is the cause of its downfall...that and the fact that power eventually corrupts completely. The Russians seem to need a macho leader more than other people and they got that in Putin. They should learn from this and try other news channels other than the daily propaganda spouted from their own news agencies.

Missing their annual holidays in Thailand will only hasten Putin's demise. He's a tyrant and the world will be a happier place when he is gone.

• Like 2