Numbers of tourists from Russia falling by the minute

Lite Beer

Great Britain is run by a square mile called "the city of London" and has enslaved the world

way too long now ! [including it's own people].

sadly the brainwash is so deep that the sheep don't even know that they are sheep anymore.

It's sad for the brits and sad for the rest of the world ... ALL would be way better off without this "civilising" [and the millions of people killed on the way !]

You're new here. Aren't you coffee1.gif

Nope ... but I might have quite different information on the issue than you do, just like on the Russian issue.

Well you CAN SAY THAT er, brain laugh.png . Links? huh.png

Edited by jpeg

Amazing really. Putin admits sending troops into the Ukraine yet people still say it did not happen. President of Ukraine is elected on a mandate for closer European ties, reneges just before signing up for it and in addition does a total U-turn. People immediately take to the streets to complain and the US is blamed.

You're knowledge of the subject is somewhat misinformed, Putin has said no such thing and Yanukovitch most certainly was not elected on said mandate. People are blaming the US because quite simply, they are to blame, Nuland and others even attended the protests. You need to do more research and stop relying on the western propaganda.

Amazing really. Putin admits sending troops into the Ukraine yet people still say it did not happen. President of Ukraine is elected on a mandate for closer European ties, reneges just before signing up for it and in addition does a total U-turn. People immediately take to the streets to complain and the US is blamed.

You're knowledge of the subject is somewhat misinformed, Putin has said no such thing

Yet here he is saying it.

• Like 2

You're knowledge of the subject is somewhat misinformed, Putin has said no such thing

Yet here he is saying it.

No he isn't! you need to listen, he admits Russian servicemen legally stationed in Crimea were used to back up the Crimean defence force to basically keep the fascist Kiev troops in their barracks. Quite different to your assertion that "Putin admits sending troops into the Ukraine".

No he isn't! you need to listen, he admits Russian servicemen legally stationed in Crimea were used to back up the Crimean defence force to basically keep the fascist Kiev troops in their barracks. Quite different to your assertion that "Putin admits sending troops into the Ukraine".

Ah, I see what you are getting at.

he admits Russian servicemen legally stationed in Crimea

Russia had a military (naval) base which acts in the same way as an embassy. For all intent and purpose an embassy / naval base acts as foreign soil and is not subject to the laws of the land (Ukraine). Once you leave the embassy, military base, foreign soil then you ARE subject to the laws of the land. When Russian troops left the base they became civilians with no jurisdiction. Putin obviously knew this which is why they wore uniforms with no insignia to hide the fact. When this was brought up Putin claimed that Crimea as a land mass has always been Russian soil which at the very minimum is historically inaccurate. He was so 'found out' on this that he now claims that Russian troops fighting in the east are volunteers.

Edited by notmyself
  • Like 2

Fascist Kiev troops? LOL

You mean Ukrainian troops, fighting for their country!

Please turn off RT as soon as possible!

Edited by whitemouse
  • Like 1

People keep carping on about Russians in the Ukraine? A little perspective, please.

When the Soviet Union collapsed, Russia peacefully ceded around 400,000 square miles of territory and 120 million people to the EU and NATO. We can't really blame the Russians for wanting to hang on to Ukraine, right on their doorstep, after all the humiliation and schadenfreude that Russia has had to put up with at the hands of the triumphalist west.

Spoiling for a fight with Russia over a corrupt and partly Russian country like Ukraine is utter folly. Bring Putin down at our peril, as there may be horrors waiting in the wings to replace him.

And Russian tourists are (by and large) a lot better behaved than many of the boorish louts coming here from the US and western Europe.

We should not forget, that Soviet Union was an empire, put together by occupying, and annexing neighbouring nations.

So when USSR collapsed, Russia did not give away any territory. None!

You say we can not blame Russia for wanting to hang on Ukraine, and by Russia I mean Kremlin.

Ukraine to decides that! As every independent nation, not part of some Novorossija, that Kremlin has in mind! Not Putin, not Kremlin will decide the future of Ukraibe! It really is that simple.

Ukrainians will not give up, it is not going to happen. Kremlin will not win this war, he may drag his own country to the bottom, having open aggression against independent nation, Ukraine. The days of Soviet Union are over. Russian president needs to understand, and accept that.

• Like 2

People keep carping on about Russians in the Ukraine? A little perspective, please.

When the Soviet Union collapsed, Russia peacefully ceded around 400,000 square miles of territory and 120 million people to the EU and NATO. We can't really blame the Russians for wanting to hang on to Ukraine, right on their doorstep, after all the humiliation and schadenfreude that Russia has had to put up with at the hands of the triumphalist west.

Spoiling for a fight with Russia over a corrupt and partly Russian country like Ukraine is utter folly. Bring Putin down at our peril, as there may be horrors waiting in the wings to replace him.

And Russian tourists are (by and large) a lot better behaved than many of the boorish louts coming here from the US and western Europe.

I agree wholeheartedly apart from the last sentence.

Putin is better the devil you know epitomised. Imagine if the Soviets parked themselves on the borders of the US like NATO has done to Russia in Poland or the Baltic states, just like Cuba in the sixties. The Crimea and Ukraine are two totally separate issues. The Crimeans think of themselves as Russian and there is a history of Russian nationalism in Crimea. Crimean/Russian military bases in Crimea came out of their barracks and occupied the region. Eastern Ukraine is slightly different in that Ukraine (a nearly failed state) was flirting with the EU over membership and possibly ultimately NATO membership. Russia had tried to influence Ukraine with strangling gas supplies but Ukraine persisted. Russia poured troops into eastern Ukraine to intimidate the government into toning down their EU ambitions and it has worked. It is called regional politics and the US do it all the time in South America.

Fascist Kiev troops? LOL

You mean Ukrainian troops, fighting for their country!

Please turn off RT as soon as possible!

Same same, unfortunately the illegal putsch now in control of Ukraine are they themselves dominated by fascists who celebrate Bandera who fought alongside Hitler.

Putin is better the devil you know epitomised. Imagine if the Soviets parked themselves on the borders of the US like NATO has done to Russia in Poland or the Baltic states, just like Cuba in the sixties. The Crimea and Ukraine are two totally separate issues. The Crimeans think of themselves as Russian and there is a history of Russian nationalism in Crimea. Crimean/Russian military bases in Crimea came out of their barracks and occupied the region. Eastern Ukraine is slightly different in that Ukraine (a nearly failed state) was flirting with the EU over membership and possibly ultimately NATO membership. Russia had tried to influence Ukraine with strangling gas supplies but Ukraine persisted. Russia poured troops into eastern Ukraine to intimidate the government into toning down their EU ambitions and it has worked. It is called regional politics and the US do it all the time in South America.

You left out the part where the democratically elected government were overthrown in a violent coup, and when the people of Novorossiya voted overwhelmingly to secede from this illegal state, they were met with overwhelming death and destruction.

• Like 1

You left out the part where the democratically elected government were overthrown in a violent coup, and when the people of Novorossiya voted overwhelmingly to secede from this illegal state, they were met with overwhelming death and destruction.

Yes, Russian politics is nasty, so unlike the west.

ha ha, not to worry the russian/putins propaganda machine will make up the lack of tourist numbers by posting on here, look out for forthright totally pro putin

posters that have only a few posts, and boy they do go on and on and on and on and on ,,,,, and some.

Where is this thread going? rolleyes.gif

May I suggest a topic be started in the pub about Ukraine/Putin/Russia and wotnot.

yep, mjp,i followed the Ukrainian / Russian issue on the guardian and quite frankly the Russian propaganda machine took them over and ended any possibilty of normal chat , a normal topic would attact 2/300 answers over aday or so and involve some interesting comments, when putins troups took over it just went crazy 1500 2000 in a couple of hours. they've got rooms full of tech kids covering anything Russian.

and this mate aint bullshit or bollacks, in the end we used to joke with them.

• Like 1

Where is this thread going? rolleyes.gif

May I suggest a topic be started in the pub about Ukraine/Putin/Russia and wotnot.

yep, mjp,i followed the Ukrainian / Russian issue on the guardian and quite frankly the Russian propaganda machine took them over and ended any possibilty of normal chat , a normal topic would attact 2/300 answers over aday or so and involve some interesting comments, when putins troups took over it just went crazy 1500 2000 in a couple of hours. they've got rooms full of tech kids covering anything Russian.

and this mate aint bullshit or bollacks, in the end we used to joke with them.

It's the usual suspects to be honest and I've actually been enjoying this thread, letting it wander a bit has made for a good read so long as the yak-yak doesn't get all stroppy.

Shall we start one of these in the pub?

Anyone?

• Like 1

Perhaps the anti-westerners on here should consider relocating to North Korea? whistling.gif

I thought this topic was about falling numbers of Russian tourists, not Russian (or western nation) bashing.

It is was. But what would TVF be like without mentioning the US, NATO, "North Korea," the Chinese Yuan, Muslims, Israel, Thainess, soi dogs, and how many baht beer costs?

On topic, I don't see how most Russians can afford to travel considering their currency crash. I don't see how they can get enough to eat at home with sanctions and the Ruble worth next to nothing.

IMHO anyone who doesn't expect a large degrease decrease in Russian tourists isn't paying attention.

Happy New Year

• Like 1

Perhaps the anti-westerners on here should consider relocating to North Korea? whistling.gif

I thought this topic was about falling numbers of Russian tourists, not Russian (or western nation) bashing.

no it got turned into a debate about the morals of modern day Russian nationalism

enter putins propaganda force.

Ah, I see what you are getting at.

he admits Russian servicemen legally stationed in Crimea

Russia had a military (naval) base which acts in the same way as an embassy. For all intent and purpose an embassy / naval base acts as foreign soil and is not subject to the laws of the land (Ukraine). Once you leave the embassy, military base, foreign soil then you ARE subject to the laws of the land. When Russian troops left the base they became civilians with no jurisdiction. Putin obviously knew this which is why they wore uniforms with no insignia to hide the fact. When this was brought up Putin claimed that Crimea as a land mass has always been Russian soil which at the very minimum is historically inaccurate. He was so 'found out' on this that he now claims that Russian troops fighting in the east are volunteers.

From what i've read and heard they are 'volunteers' groups, formed in Russia but neither frowned upon or encouraged by the state.

The govt and its crime syndicates do not properly represent the people of a nation. I do not see the Russian tourist touting terrorism or demanding Thailand to change its laws. But there is a fast growing group demanding change and becoming a large financial investor into Thailand which is a common problem with Russia and many western nations. I know who I would prefer to have as a neighbor. The Chineese will eventually and slowly become better tourist. All nationalities are known to have their own social issues, hell I am American one of the least liked nationalities and mostly due to foriegn policies of our govt. and loud volume of our speech in public, lol.

I do not agree with the Putin policy....I think the people are not properly represented by the ex KGB officer.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Fear not. In the midst of a global downturn, Thailand will be rescued by Chinese tourist hordes and massive new government debt (aka "economic stimulus"). Happiness and prosperity will abound. Next question?

Gee that's great HORDES of Chinese. Having lived and worked in China for 7 years and found them to be the rudest people I've seen, I'll take a Russian any day of the week.......

• Like 1

From what i've read and heard they are 'volunteers' groups, formed in Russia but neither frowned upon or encouraged by the state.

Presumably wearing 'hand me downs' from the forces that entered Crimea?

Continuity editing is the predominant style of film editing and video editing in the post-production process of filmmaking of narrative films and television programs. The purpose of continuity editing is to smooth over the inherent discontinuity of the editing process and to establish a logical coherence between shots.

In most films, logical coherence is achieved by cutting to continuity, which emphasizes smooth transition of time and space. However, some films incorporate cutting to continuity into a more complex classical cutting technique, one which also tries to show psychological continuity of shots. The montage technique relies on symbolic association of ideas between shots rather than association of simple physical action for its continuity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_editing

One thinks that Putin should hire one!

So troops, supposedly with months of leave, go home with full battle armour including Kevlar vests and helmets? Go ask a Russian friend if they are allowed to return home with their full kit because that is what these so called 'volunteers' have. It's why Putin in the end HAD to admit that Russian forces invaded the Crimea and will eventually HAVE to admit that Russian forces, not volunteers, were involved in eastern Ukraine.

• Like 2

Some questions for those going on about Russian imperialism.

Do you believe a region should be able to have a referendum to decide on whether to secede from a nation or become independent?

Under what circumstances would you deem it acceptable/unacceptable?

Why do you believe that the referendum in Crimea should not be respected?

• Like 1

Some questions for those going on about Russian imperialism.

Do you believe a region should be able to have a referendum to decide on whether to secede from a nation or become independent?

Under what circumstances would you deem it acceptable/unacceptable?

Why do you believe that the referendum in Crimea should not be respected?

Give it a miss! Start a new topic somewhere else. bah.gif

Post a relevant comment about Russian tourism or add a little humour.

Edited by lvr181
  • Like 1

Presumably wearing 'hand me downs' from the forces that entered Crimea?

Continuity editing is the predominant style of film editing and video editing in the post-production process of filmmaking of narrative films and television programs. The purpose of continuity editing is to smooth over the inherent discontinuity of the editing process and to establish a logical coherence between shots.

In most films, logical coherence is achieved by cutting to continuity, which emphasizes smooth transition of time and space. However, some films incorporate cutting to continuity into a more complex classical cutting technique, one which also tries to show psychological continuity of shots. The montage technique relies on symbolic association of ideas between shots rather than association of simple physical action for its continuity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_editing

One thinks that Putin should hire one!

So troops, supposedly with months of leave, go home with full battle armour including Kevlar vests and helmets? Go ask a Russian friend if they are allowed to return home with their full kit because that is what these so called 'volunteers' have. It's why Putin in the end HAD to admit that Russian forces invaded the Crimea and will eventually HAVE to admit that Russian forces, not volunteers, were involved in eastern Ukraine.

from our 'trusted' its probably propaganda, but on who's part? at a guess i'de say the rrrrrr,,,,,,, but cos i'm english i'de be biased

fill ure boots. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04v59h7