VPN service for Ipad, which is best?

samuijimmy

I have a friend with an Ipad, who wants to know which VPN service, people are finding works well here...

I suggested Hola which is free and works well for free, on computers, but apparently they charge $4.99 a month for IPad version...

Are here any others VPN services people are using on Ipad, that are either free or less money per month and works well ?

Open VPN admittedly I only use the Android version so cannot offer a review of ipad/iphone version

The OpenVPN client works fine on an iPad, but I believe the OP is asking for a VPN service, not a VPN client. I VPN to my own dedicated server, so don't use paid services, but I heard TunnelBear is good for mobile devices. They offer half a Gig free per month or $4.99 for unlimited.

• Like 1

Open VPN admittedly I only use the Android version so cannot offer a review of ipad/iphone version

The OpenVPN client works fine on an iPad, but I believe the OP is asking for a VPN service, not a VPN client. I VPN to my own dedicated server, so don't use paid services, but I heard TunnelBear is good for mobile devices. They offer half a Gig free per month or $4.99 for unlimited.

Right, That OpenVPN app is just a client for the OpenVPN server software - it's not a VPN service like Hola.

Right, That OpenVPN app is just a client for the OpenVPN server software - it's not a VPN service like Hola.

gotcha...

On Android I use Easy Ovpn with OpenVPM

• 2 weeks later...

I have used a VPN from my-private-network for the last 5 years. It has worked for me in China, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Thailand, Papua New Guinea and has never let me down. Highly recommended only 5 pounds per month. Just follow the below link to the my private website.

https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/?refer=TRS001

The Strong VPN works fine for me on my laps as well as the iPad. It connects well on the Pad to Netflex as long as my signal strength is strong. I don't recall the monthly charge as I pay annually and I'm guessing it was less than 100. USD or maybe even a lot less than that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use hide.me, used to be called hideio, on my ipad when i need it and permanently on my Synology NAS drive, also laptop of needed. Works great.

google hide.me or hideio to go to their website

Also check this link, best to check if the vpn service keeps logs and so on...

http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-services-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2014-edition-140315/3/