Army 'needs martial law to shield itself'

Lite Beer

Since the above is part of the rules, then effectively any disruptive comments from tbthailand, sjaak, JPEG, thailiketoo, Thai at heart, heybruce and others like them should be removed - their comments, continuously, skirt the edge of exactly what you point out above as being essential rules - disregarding the fact that it has been pointed out repeatedly by other posters that these disruptive commenters de-motivate conversation and discussion.

How about disruptive, critical comments posted by TV Admin:

"Every rational path out of stagnation seems blocked by autocratic rule. Thailand is not, as many economists argue, in a middle-income trap; it is in a coup trap. And this is a self-inflicted condition." http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/789113-opinion-thailand-and-the-coup-trap/

It seems you would like to have only words that praise the junta to be posted, but this wouldn't be much of a news forum if that were the case.

• Like 1

Since the above is part of the rules, then effectively any disruptive comments from tbthailand, sjaak, JPEG, thailiketoo, Thai at heart, heybruce and others like them should be removed - their comments, continuously, skirt the edge of exactly what you point out above as being essential rules - disregarding the fact that it has been pointed out repeatedly by other posters that these disruptive commenters de-motivate conversation and discussion.

How about disruptive, critical comments posted by TV Admin:

"Every rational path out of stagnation seems blocked by autocratic rule. Thailand is not, as many economists argue, in a middle-income trap; it is in a coup trap. And this is a self-inflicted condition." http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/789113-opinion-thailand-and-the-coup-trap/

It seems you would like to have only words that praise the junta to be posted, but this wouldn't be much of a news forum if that were the case.

Hilarious isn't it? There are news articles posted by admins daily questioning some things the current government are doing. Hell they even posted a nation peace about potential internal disputes in the army which you'd think would be a complete no no.

K. Wanwichit Boonprong is an interesting fellow. When the Democrat party MPs resign he wrote

"The political scientist described the Democrats’ move as an attempt to justify the protest movements, and argue that this parliament and government have lacked legitimacy."

In November, 2014 he wrote

"Mr Wanwichit, meanwhile, said the NCPO has to distinguish between political movements and public participation in politics.

The political scientist also warned that if opponents of the military government were not given room to express their opinions freely, they would eventually turn to social media, which is far more difficult to control."

http://en.isnhotnews.com/?tag=ncpo

All this seems to lead up the to article of the OP which says the Army needs to Martial Law to shield itself.

Somehow it would seem that part of that shielding is also for Thai citizens some of who are really fed up with politics even if it's democratically usual.

Edited by rubl

Finding 13 replies on my posts and quickly scanning through them, I've decided that to reply on the replies is just a waste of time. When HeyBruce even managed to move the 2010 'unrest' into 2006 I even wondered what history learned some of us.

So, forget it.

Yours truly,

uncle rubl

^ lovely to see this bit of ethnocentrist, elitist attitude from you. No surprise really.

Not everyone is a native English speaker - kinda like those Thais all around you. I guess they shouldn't criticize, or have opinions either... and it'd be just a small step until you'd deny them democracy for not speaking 'the master language', English. Right?

I guess we just got to see your true colors.

^ lovely to see this bit of ethnocentrist, elitist attitude from you. No surprise really.

Not everyone is a native English speaker - kinda like those Thais all around you. I guess they shouldn't criticize, or have opinions either... and it'd be just a small step until you'd deny them democracy for not speaking 'the master language', English. Right?

I have consistently defended democracy. What have you been doing?

• Like 2

Doesn't seem that way - considering you are consistently ignoring the issues brought up and pointed out to you, in the prior regime's abuse, manipulation, and subjugation of democracy ... like, having a criminal, hiding abroad, set up puppets and attempt to run the country via Skype while financing and supporting violence against Thai civilians.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chief-investigator-says-mastermind-abroad-financed-violence-pdrc-protests?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=chief-investigator-says-mastermind-abroad-financed-violence-pdrc-protests

Doesn't seem that way - considering you are consistently ignoring the issues brought up and pointed out to you, in the prior regime's abuse, manipulation, and subjugation of democracy ... like, having a criminal, hiding abroad, set up puppets and attempt to run the country via Skype while financing and supporting violence against Thai civilians.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chief-investigator-says-mastermind-abroad-financed-violence-pdrc-protests?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=chief-investigator-says-mastermind-abroad-financed-violence-pdrc-protests

quack quack

there you go again...

quack quack

• Like 1

I've been wondering about long stories based on a functioning democracy and non-corrupt politicians. Somehow those don't seem to have much to do with topics here. Here we discuss Thailand.

I've been wondering about long stories based on a functioning democracy and non-corrupt politicians. Somehow those don't seem to have much to do with topics here. Here we discuss Thailand.

Well if we're discussing Thailand at present we certainly aren't discussing any kind of democracy or non-corrupt leaders.

Funny that you only discuss the prior regime and you use as a source Thai PBS---wait a minute, is that you ginjag?

I guess these folks aren't really familiar with Thailand, or maybe they are talking about some utopian place with the same name. They probably have never been there, is my guess.

Well if we're discussing Thailand at present we certainly aren't discussing any kind of democracy or non-corrupt leaders.

Well, if some constantly point to the past of Thailand, we're also not discussing democracy or lack of corruption.

• Like 1

Is there maybe hope that some of the RedShirt mouthpieces on this thread will listen to their master's command - probably hoping too much, there:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1420524700&section=11&typecate=06

Don't Oppose the Junta, Thaksin Instructs Redshirts

BANGKOK — Thaksin Shinawatra, the de facto leader of the Redshirt movement, has reportedly advised his supporters to refrain from interfering with the missions of the military junta

Finding 13 replies on my posts and quickly scanning through them, I've decided that to reply on the replies is just a waste of time. When HeyBruce even managed to move the 2010 'unrest' into 2006 I even wondered what history learned some of us.

So, forget it.

Yours truly,

uncle rubl

Ok, I got a date messed up. Someone who writes "what history learned some of us." shouldn't criticize.

But you are denying the right of a non-native English speaker the right to criticize. Surely that in itself is not democratic. Hypocrite.

• Like 1

But you are denying the right of a non-native English speaker the right to criticize. Surely that in itself is not democratic. Hypocrite.

but you will notice that he's not denying Rubl the right to do anything.

having followed the discussions between the two of them, another way to read that is that HB is pointing out that Rubl hasn't understood what the history in Thailand has taught us. He demonstrates that trait regularly in thinking that this junta is the 'good junta'. smile.png

you appear to take the post as 'grammar police' which is understandable, however, not necessarily correct.

but you will notice that he's not denying Rubl the right to do anything.

having followed the discussions between the two of them, another way to read that is that HB is pointing out that Rubl hasn't understood what the history in Thailand has taught us. He demonstrates that trait regularly in thinking that this junta is the 'good junta'. smile.png

you appear to take the post as 'grammar police' which is understandable, however, not necessarily correct.

Don't get me on grammar, I would lose every fight, and that is even with me being a native speaker. So grammar police could not be furher of the point I was trying but, obviously, failing to make.

• Like 1