Motorcycle riders of the south

Rhys

• 2 weeks later...

We were over in Trang for the NY .. The route through the hills / national park is awesome - I just remember what a nightmare it was 10 -15 years back, the only trouble now is, its too short, 10 mins - and I also saw a couple of nasty holes appearing in a road that was handed over less than 12 months ago.

All the roads that head off from Rt.4 onto the edges of the park were really nice and twisty, for fast touring Rt.4 is also looking good the way Huay Yot, the roadworks will continue all the way past Krabi in the future, i presume.

The 401 from Surat to Kao Lak is a fun ride.

• Like 2

We were over in Trang for the NY .. The route through the hills / national park is awesome - I just remember what a nightmare it was 10 -15 years back, the only trouble now is, its too short, 10 mins - and I also saw a couple of nasty holes appearing in a road that was handed over less than 12 months ago.

All the roads that head off from Rt.4 onto the edges of the park were really nice and twisty, for fast touring Rt.4 is also looking good the way Huay Yot, the roadworks will continue all the way past Krabi in the future, i presume.

The 401 from Surat to Kao Lak.. sound good, does it take you close to Phang Nga Town?

The 401 from Surat to Kao Lak.. sound good, does it take you close to Phang Nga Town?

I don't know mate. Looking at the map there is a minor road that heads south.

The 401 looks like it was constructed to bring the construction materials for ratchaprapa dam so from rt.4 to the dam turn off its nice dual carriageway with sweeping wide bends. Then after it turns to single which moves quickly, under shaded trees so, it doesn't get too hot.

I rode to Kao sok and I thought after coming from hat yai on rt.4 it was an enjoyable ride.

• 2 weeks later...