Westerners in Thai Jails.

NoshowJones

Not the regular thai jail but the IDC described here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/780211-my-experience-at-idc-for-overstaying/

Eye opener sad.png

Good stuff.

Jail should be an unpleasant place. The Thais have it right. Countries like Australia are a bloody joke. I was thinking about doing some hard crime down in Oz just to get a room in one of their resort jails.....3 cooked meals away, comfy bed, jym's, laundry done, cable TV......pools, massages and all sorts of freebies.

Seriously, Thailand has some great jails. :D

Spent a few afternoons in jail for punch ups. The last time they couldn't let me out quick enough because I was explaining to the Burmese in Thai that they could claim political asylum in Thailand.

Won every case before a judge. 100% record.

Lol. You are a legend. :D

Wish the BIB would throw a few of those scamming Restaurant owners in jail, the ones that run the 99 baht breakfast scams down in Pattaya and places like that. That would iron a few of those shonks out.

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 2

What does the OP think the experience would be like? huh.png

I think it would be terrible, suppose you had a row with someone, you wouldn't need to worry about six Thais backing them up, it would be twenty times that. I don't like Thai food so I would starve to death.

Being tall, I would probably have no room to sleep. No, I would never survive a Thai prison.

Don't like Thai food? Good lord, what is wrong with you? What do you eat in Thailand?

Have you tried a good Thai chef..... Crazy........best part of Thailand is the food, surely you didn't come for the traffic jams or filthy waterways.

tongue.png

I don't eat fruit or veg except in liquidised form, and that's every day. I do love the smell when Mrs Possum cooks Thai food, if Thai food did not have fruit or veg in it, then I would like it, I just cannot eat most greens. but I do like peas, I like potatoes, pork, beef, fish etc.

I have never had any illnesses, never been in hospital, I do eat reasonably healthily, At six ft tall, lean and 78 Ks, never drank or smoked. I think I do OK.

What does the OP think the experience would be like? huh.png

I think it would be terrible, suppose you had a row with someone, you wouldn't need to worry about six Thais backing them up, it would be twenty times that. I don't like Thai food so I would starve to death.

Being tall, I would probably have no room to sleep. No, I would never survive a Thai prison.

Don't like Thai food? Good lord, what is wrong with you? What do you eat in Thailand?

Have you tried a good Thai chef..... Crazy........best part of Thailand is the food, surely you didn't come for the traffic jams or filthy waterways.

tongue.png

I don't eat fruit or veg except in liquidised form, and that's every day. I do love the smell when Mrs Possum cooks Thai food, if Thai food did not have fruit or veg in it, then I would like it, I just cannot eat most greens. but I do like peas, I like potatoes, pork, beef, fish etc.

I have never had any illnesses, never been in hospital, I do eat reasonably healthily, At six ft tall, lean and 78 Ks, never drank or smoked. I think I do OK.

Wow.

Well I don't drink or smoke....but I get accused a lot of being on my bar stool by certain perps here at TVF. 55555

I'm amazed. Most Thai food has some form of veg in it. Is it you can't eat it or don't like it...veg.

I assume you would eat basic pork meal with garlic and black pepper or just about anything that doesn't have leafy veg in it.

I'm trying to get my head around it.

Do you take supplements. I absolutely love my veggies. Each to their own of course. I'm not mocking you....just interested.

The food in Thai jails isn't much chop....apparently, I've never been ;)

Wish the BIB would throw a few of those scamming Restaurant owners in jail, the ones that run the 99 baht breakfast scams down in Pattaya and places like that. That would iron a few of those shonks out.

This 99bsht breakfast scammers really are skimming off large profits.

• Like 1

it affords the the fast internet packages so they can spam the forums with their alleged greatness and expertise in all things deemed important. Tools of the highest order.
  • Like 1

Neverdie, I cannot eat fruit or veg, when I was about eight years old I used to watch all my pals eating apples, I tried to eat them and made myself sick, I blend pineapples and bananas, I love veg soup in liquid form, I rarely eat fried food, and when I do, I use olive oil. I wish I could get blueberrys, but I never see them in the markets here, I would love to blend them. Have you ever seen blueberrys here?

brief

The normal route is being arrested and charged(case goes to prosecutor) being put in a local can for 1 night and then sent to prison.

(the case can be terminated if arrested person manages to deal with the local heat and get them to let him out of the can and trash the case, usually by paying a fine official or non official)

-if sent to prison the case can take upto 3 months , you can be bailed out if you own property or some other criteria, foreigners usually don't meet it and can't get bail. prison conditions are tough and there is overcrowding so it's necessary to get out asap by getting case bumped up so you can go before court and get your final sentence which is often just a fine and time served for minor offenses..

thats probably the experience most foreigners have had since most get arrested for minor things. if arrested for serious thing and many years prison life is over.

mrtoad, on 05 Jan 2015 - 22:46, said:mrtoad, on 05 Jan 2015 - 22:46, said:
neverdie, on 05 Jan 2015 - 20:52, said:neverdie, on 05 Jan 2015 - 20:52, said:

I'm glad you and Mr. Neverdie have brought this matter to the public's attention. It calculates to 3.5 free breakfasts per year.

Now if you're running a restaurant it could go into the millions.

Edited by ATF
  • Like 1

Spent a few afternoons in jail for punch ups. The last time they couldn't let me out quick enough because I was explaining to the Burmese in Thai that they could claim political asylum in Thailand.

Punch ups? against Thais? You mean you took on six at a time? I don't believe your last sentence, not if your referring to Thai judges.

possum1931, on 06 Jan 2015 - 13:18, said:
ATF, on 05 Jan 2015 - 18:24, said:

Punch ups? against Thais? You mean you took on six at a time? I don't believe your last sentence, not if your referring to Thai judges.

I've had punch ups with all sorts the Plod just lock you up to cool off and ask you to pay for the hospital bills. If you pay no problem.

My court appearances were purely financial/economic disputes and my lawyer won every case.

• Like 1

possum1931, on 06 Jan 2015 - 13:18, said:

ATF, on 05 Jan 2015 - 18:24, said:

I've had punch ups with all sorts the Plod just lock you up to cool off and ask you to pay for the hospital bills. If you pay no problem.

My court appearances were purely financial/economic disputes and my lawyer won every case.

I remember that night ATF when we went out and those two scrawny European guys....bunged it on that night because they thought we were laughing at them. I remember you bowled one of them down the Soi and knocked the other one over. They went racing off and got the BIB who took 1000 baht off them and split it with us.

That's turned your strike rate to 110% win, surely ? ?

• Like 1

For me, being put in front of my wife for the past 7 years, it's much worst than any Thai Jail or Thai judge.

Feel sorry for me, Possum, feel sorry for another human being suffering...............

Costas,,If,,I said IF that is remotely true what you are saying WHY are you still living with your not so beloved wife ?

Cos she got the collar round my neck and can't get away......pulling me around wherever she goessad.png

Hope you are feeling sorry for me also as possum does.

Ahhhhh, forgot to tell you......she's wearing the trousers.......I can only wear the Greek skirts.

and she throws plates at him!