Ms Yingluck will defend herself against the impeachment bid

Lite Beer

this female is that dense she thinks she can get in there with her childish demeanor and all the men will fall at her feet and feel sorry for her. If they actually broadcast it people would think it is playschool with her hopeless ability to even string together a sentence that makes any sense. Someone really needs to tell her that having the mental capacity of a 10y/o and buying your degrees from a US university does not make you smart but then again it will be so funny to see her totally stuff this up as all the truth about exactly what she has presided(or should I say never presided) over and her full stupidity comes forth from her own mouth

No names mentioned, I is it possible you write this about your wife/gf ?

• Like 1

You are hoping that your tears will touch the hearts of the judges.

You are very wrong.

People have waken up and know who you are and the damage you caused in this country.

Your time is up.

Time to pay for your crimes against Thailand.

And I really hope and wish that this is the last time we hear from you or your criminal brother.

the judges have yellow hearts - no hope there

yes people have woken up and will vote for her again

yes they will win AGAIN and every Thai I know will vote against the great 'D' and your kind

they will vote FOR freedom

they will vote FOR democracy

they will vote FOR Thailand and AGAINST the feudal, ammart and elite corrupt system you favour

"yes they will win AGAIN and every Thai I know will vote against the great 'D' and your kind"

"and every Thai I know"

​BINGO!!!

That line usually comes up from the red sympathizer every few days. I love it when it does to…I love it!!! It always brings a big cheesy grin to my ugly mug.

It shows that they have no evidence or proof or facts or tangible quantifiable indication what so ever to show the PTP are still a majority. They cannot refer to the 2011 election anymore as it is just embarrassing due to the time between that election and now. Never mind the voters being held in contempt 2 minutes after that election. Never mind that even the farmers protested against the PTP and were intimidated by PTP supporter red shirts for doing it. Never mind that.

So what do they do? It is called the "every Thai I know" defense because they simply have nothing else.

How do you know the PTP are still popular? Well every Thai I know does so it must be true!

​How do you know they will win the next election? Well every Thai I know will vote for them so it must be true!!

How do you know yingluck is the best PM in history? Well every Thai I know thinks she is so it must be true!!

Well in defense of that I will use the "Every Thai I know" defense as well….Nahhhhh, I don't need to because I use facts.

Now the best thing about this is when everyone does not vote for the PTP or yingluck (after she is banned for 5 years) at the next election the defense will transfer from the "Every Thai I know" defense to the "It is a conspiracy by the Junta" defense. Not because the majority don't love her mind you. Never because of that. Why? Because all my Thai friends love her!

Win win there.

they will vote FOR freedom

they will vote FOR democracy

they will vote FOR Thailand and AGAINST the feudal, ammart and elite corrupt system you favour

And don't forget if they don't vote for the above it is a conspiracy by the ammart and the elite who brainwashed the majority!!!!

Beliefs can be powerful for some that refuse to admit they are on the losing side…But Facts, well they are undeniable…Unless you use PTP logic.

Problem is, as has been seen here over and over again, people have VERY short memories, and a "sorry", a few tears and new promises to make every poor person rich makes it all OK again in happy land.

• Like 2

You are very wrong.

People have waken up and know who you are and the damage you caused in this country.

Your time is up.

And I really hope and wish that this is the last time we hear from you or your criminal brother.

hahaha, i love to laugh. really a great joke from you hahahaha

I hope the hearings are broadcasted openly. The impeachment hearings will become a PR nightmare for the Junta; it may even pre-empt Gen. Prayuth's weekly broadcast. And you know how upset he has been already by a diminshing audience.

Regardless of any Junta desire to have the proceedings conducted away from the public, it will be leaked. And the Junta will have to hear from the international community about allegations of a kangaroo-style trial conducted by a Junta handpicked organization. The Junta will be demonized as a democratic-hating totalitarian military. When the Junta has repeatedly tried to divert the nation's attention away from political conflict for the sake of reform, the hearings will only re-energize poltical conflict.

And then there might be the surprise adverse reactions from some countries that have stood with the Junta. China comes foremost to mind.

With its absolute power over the government the Junta can and should bring this impeachment process to a quick end. Have the NLA issue a written condemnation or censure against Yingluck and other PTP defendents (after an appropriate term of testimony) that isn't worth a baht, and get on with leading the country. Presumbly, the Junta has bigger issues to resolve than Yingluck and any of the other defendents running for office again.

I'd defend Ms Yingluck as I have such a crush on her.....at least she's got more testicles than her fat gutless brother.....

You beat me to it - she certainly has bigger balls than her brother.

Whether that's balls or just lack of common sense remains to be seen.

Personally, I feel that she'll do fine.

She is not allowed to leave, she must stay and face the consequences of her brothers failed policies for he desperately needs her as a martyr.

He has lost so much credibility in the last 3 years with the country and the people now deeper in debt than ever before, the corruption in his schemes being exposed, arms being confiscated and his generals rounded up before they could put the Khon Kaen model in place.

He has nothing much left now except those he pays and the few who still think he is wonderful so the martyrdom of his sister is supposed to garner sympathy and of course votes.

However that he would abandon her to the possibility of doing prison time for his own political ends only shows his heartless lack of consideration for her.

Details of just what the cost of the rice pledging scheme are still emerging, I see one of the "Extra witnesses" that were called is a representative of the Thailand Development Research Institute which released a paper on the 26/8/2014 detailing the losses from the scheme.

In that paper they estimated the loss from corruption at Bt111 billion, not sure how much that will help her defense.

Anyone who would like to read the whole paper Google :

TDEI details apparent costs of rice pledging programme, including Bt111 billion in corruption

• Like 2

You are very wrong.

Your time is up.

i REALLY hope the same Costas !!!

It's time they trow this witch and her criminal bro in the deepest cell and feed the key to the crocs !! coffee1.gif

• Like 1

this female is that dense she thinks she can get in there with her childish demeanor and all the men will fall at her feet and feel sorry for her. If they actually broadcast it people would think it is playschool with her hopeless ability to even string together a sentence that makes any sense. Someone really needs to tell her that having the mental capacity of a 10y/o and buying your degrees from a US university does not make you smart but then again it will be so funny to see her totally stuff this up as all the truth about exactly what she has presided(or should I say never presided) over and her full stupidity comes forth from her own mouth

No names mentioned, I is it possible you write this about your wife/gf ?

nice try but huge fail, my wife went to a real university and got her degree through her knowledge and ability she also manages a large international business, she doesnt have lackies paid by her family to do everything for her because she is not very bright, she is also able to string a legible sentence together and undestand what the words actually mean, something yl has never been capable of. I feel a great deal of pity for all you yl fans, must be hard when your lifes ambition is to want to have it off with a puppet, mrs palmer and her 5 daughters would serve you a lot better and be more of a possibility but then some people just cant help themselves

• Like 2

Disgusting post denigrating Thailand's first female PM. She may not have been a 'great' but she has achieved far more than you or I ever will and deserves much credit for her fortitude. Luckily the vast majority of Thais support her - don't believe me? hold a FREE and FAIR election. The only 'stupidity' comes from your ignorant mouth because you have not 'caught on' as to why this is all happening (and NO it cannot be discussed here fool).

yes we know all the red/ptp apologists simply want to get into her pants and ignore the fact she is as thick as two short planks, she was far too silly to be pm(but it did improve her shopping trips/time overseas), pity all her fans think with their little heads instead of their big ones. Please show me where she was ever great or achieved anything worthwhile, ohoh, thats right, she held a contest for smart pretty girls, I actually sat and passed my own diplomas, something she has never done, I also write my own thoughts, again something she is totally unable to do, smart, you have to be joking, she is the biggest laugh in Thailand, krusty the clown would be proud of her. She never attended any of the rice scam meetings, was rarely even in the parliament building, every time she opened her mouth she showed the worlds how pathetic she was. As for the people supporting her, is that what you call paying the poor/farmers to vote for a thaksin puppet/ having the reds terrorize the country to do the shins bidding. Actually it can be discussed but then again we all know the shin fanatics would get extremely upset to have the truth of all the corruption that she and her brother oversaw come to light, the last thing any shin fan wants is the truth about their glorious leader and all his puppets coming out

Yet she got elected and will stand a good chance to get elected if she not banned for next 5 years. The people got it right but you, I am not sure. Maybe due to your excessive hyperbole.

• Like 1

If there were an election today with Yingluck vs the general, Yingluck would win by a landslide.

This is what the general is up against if he punishes Yingluck.

If someone thinks he isn't aware of this, well...

How does he put the hammer to Yingluck without hurting himself badly with the people?

24vljic.jpg

Seriously,do you think the large minority vote she received last time has the potential to have increased since the last election?

I don't. I think she might still get the largest minority but much reduced and much closer to the Dems total. And only then if all the usual election shannanigans were permitted.

She still faces potential charges of illegal electioneering from her trips up North after she dissolved parliament which may or may not be progressed.

I don't think she or her family enjoy the popularity they used to. Now it just about money and many are reluctant to even take the Shin shilling - but may succumb to the intimidation and coercing. A lot of people realize now what a vote for the Shin really means - more wealth for the Shins and little else.

• Like 2

If there were an election today with Yingluck vs the general, Yingluck would win by a landslide.

This is what the general is up against if he punishes Yingluck.

If someone thinks he isn't aware of this, well...

How does he put the hammer to Yingluck without hurting himself badly with the people?

24vljic.jpg

Seriously,do you think the large minority vote she received last time has the potential to have increased since the last election?

I don't. I think she might still get the largest minority but much reduced and much closer to the Dems total. And only then if all the usual election shannanigans were permitted.

She still faces potential charges of illegal electioneering from her trips up North after she dissolved parliament which may or may not be progressed.

I don't think she or her family enjoy the popularity they used to. Now it just about money and many are reluctant to even take the Shin shilling - but may succumb to the intimidation and coercing. A lot of people realize now what a vote for the Shin really means - more wealth for the Shins and little else.

Maybe a good point to bring up to the junta. Really nothing to fear. Keep the 1997 charter with full elected upper and lower house. The Shins are a spent force. Hold election immediately. Somehow there are lots of disconnect what the junta think and your situation analysis.

Given how we have in the past seen the persecution of individuals for whatever reason within this country why should she not have the opportunity to ensure that she gets a fair case by having her impeachment case broadcast on television. At the very least it would show the people that the case was fair and accurate.

IMPEACHMENT
Yingluck to address NLA

BANGKOK: -- Former Thai prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra will personally deliver her opening defence statement in her impeachment proceedings concerning the rice-pledging scheme before the National Legislative Assembly when the case opens on Friday.

The process should conclude before the end of January, NLA Vice President Surachai Liangboonlertchai said.

Surachai added that the NLA would allow Yingluck and the National AntiCorruption Commission (NACC) to deliver their statements and answer questions without a time limit. "As she will be present, Yingluck can answer the assemblymen's questions right away," he said.

Surachai said that the NLA would set up two inquiry committees to pose questions on Yingluck's case and the two other impeachment cases against former Senate speaker Nikom Wairatpanij and former House speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont. The two are accused of abusing their authority in relation to unlawful charter amendment.

Each inquiry committee will consist of up to 21 members who will represent the NLA and its committees, including the whip committee. Surachai insisted that the inquiry committees would be neutral.

He said that the impeachment process against holders of political office took 23 days. Conclusions on both cases were thus expected by the end of this month, unless any party in the impeachment cases sought a postponement.

Surachai said that under the current circumstances, postponement was unnecessary.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-to-address-NLA-30251392.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-07