Travelling from UK - Onward Travel

Hi forum I hope you can help.

I am from the UK and looking to travel out to Thailand in Feb via Emirates. I am waiting for Liverpool Thai Consulate to get back to me and until then I thought I would seek some advice in here.

I plan to travel to Thailand for around 4 months and hope to obtain a multiple entry tourist visa (£75). I will be travelling in and out of Thailand a number of times, hence the multiple entry visa.

My questions are:

will I have any issues with the UK airline or immigration refusing my departure or entry if my return ticket to the UK is 4 months after my departure date – i.e. will I need to show proof of onward travel?

How strict are the consulates in giving multiple entry visas? Only I need to provide my travel ticket before they issue me with a visa. Not sure if I am worrying about nothing, but concerned that I will buy a ticket for dates that I cant use..

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

There is no requirement that you show any ticket to Thai immigration when you enter the country.

And no requirement neither when you apply for a tourist visa.

Thanks for the rapid response Paz.

What about the Airline, are they likely to refuse/challenge me?

After reading the visa application form again, you are correct, it does not request travel details - ie ticket so not sure where I got that nugget of information.

Thanks again

No return ticket is needed when you travel to Thailand with a visa.

If you get a return ticket it will be for your convenience and planning, not to be shown to anyone.

Edited by paz