Extension of Visa to match expiry of work permit date?

Hi

Here is my situation - please advise:

Current Work Permit ends 8 April 2015 - NOT being renewed!

Current Visa expires 25th March 2015

Next 90 day check-in is on 6th March 2015

I am leaving Thailand and want to book a one way flight - currently on 30th March 2015 (this date is based on getting the 7 day extension from the 25th March as worst case).

Should I say anything when I do my 90 day check in on the 9th about the extension?

Normally they will ask me to report again on the 25th i.e. when Visa ends.

Do I go back on the 24/25th and ask for the 7 day extension and I assume pay 1900 Baht.

BIG question - is there any easy way i.e. without reams of paperwork by my employer, to extend the Visa to match the expiry of the Work Permit?

If yes how and when should I do this?

If yes, then my visa will expire on 8th April. Can I still get a seven day extension after that? i.e. Final Visa date is 14th April and I can book a flight for then.

Thanks for your help

What is your permisison to stay in Thailand based on? I presume based on working.

You indicate that your WP will not be extended, your employment wil end on that day thus you must leave the country on that day (or get an extra 7 days for 1,900 baht. Take a letter confirming your last day of employment with you).

Since your permisison to stay ends 25th of March (I presume it is not a visa from abroad but an actual extension of stay since you do 90 day reporting) you will need a new permisison to stay with paperwork from the company and this will be till the end of contract.

Only other option will be to apply for a single non-B visa abroad, again with all paperwork.

Hi Mario

Yes permission to stay is based on my work permit.

I had a previous work permit for another company. That company closed and I got a new work permit with a Thai company without leaving the country.

So yes the Visa was issued locally, it's just that the visa expiry date doesn't match the work permit expiry date!!

My current company wont issue any new paperwork as they know I am leaving.

So based on my current Visa expiry date of 25th March - can I just apply for a seven day extension for 1900 baht?

If yes - when can I do that? Within 7 days of the expiry date?

I am definitely leaving on a one way ticket, its just a question of not overstaying, so I know what date to book my flight.

Thanks

You have been on an extension of stay not a visa.

You can apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave.

If you apply for the extension before the date your permit to stay ends you will need a letter stating your job is ending on on March 25th.

Hi - final question!

you said - If you apply for the extension before the date your permit to stay ends you will need a letter stating your job is ending on on March 25th.

So can I go to immigration on the day of the 25th and ask for a 7 day extension without a letter from the company?

Or do I HAVE to have a letter from the company saying my employment on a date ends no more than 7 days after the 25th e.g. it could say the 30th march or MUST it say it ends on 25th MArch to get the extension.

Sorry for the questions :) and thanks again for the help

one more option!

Based on the previous info that you gave me, could I turn up on the 25th and request a 30 day extension based on applying for a retirement visa?

If yes would I need documentation on the 25th, or does the 30 day extension give me time to get it all together.

I know I qualify!

Thanks again

You cannot get a 30 day extension. You would have to apply for a one year extension based upon retirement.

You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or proof of 65k baht or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

Understood.

So if I apply for the one year extension and provide the financial evidence - what do they do whilst the visa is being processed?

What would they stamp in the passport - that's where I though the 30 days came in?

Edited by PoorSucker
Changed to default font

I have a WP expiring on Oct 2015 but my Non B is expiring Jan 11, 2015.

My company advised me not to exit because they can produce the documents in 7 days.

My questions:

Do I need to request for 7 days extension on Monday, Jan 12?

What happen if after 7 days, my documents are not yet ready?

Thank you in advance for the reply.

I have a WP expiring on Oct 2015 but my Non B is expiring Jan 11, 2015.

My company advised me not to exit because they can produce the documents in 7 days.

My questions:

Do I need to request for 7 days extension on Monday, Jan 12?

What happen if after 7 days, my documents are not yet ready?

According to Immigration If you get a 7 days extension you cannot apply for further extension. Clause 2 below.

You can check with your office if you want.

NewRegulation_en.png

Either within the 7 days extension or without, you can go get a new single-entry non-imm B visa in e.g. Laos.

Actually since you have like 10 months remaining on WP you could go get a multi-entry non-imm B in Penang, Malaysia.

And then apply for the extension in the last 30 days of allowed stay.

Thank you so much @Paz, I think I'd rather go to to Laos and apply for second Non B again until I finally got an extension to stay until my the expiration of my WP.

My only concern is the "Overstay" thing. I don't want to have any bad records or something.

Again, thank you so much!

Stay well!

Why the agency is the agency advised me to bring social security & tax documents?

My employer is new to this kind of things so I was actually the one doing my own paperworks. My employer is just providing me the needed documents.

Unfortunately, these documents are still on process coz my probationary period just ended this month.

I need to exit at least on Wed coz my Non B was expired last Jan 11. I'm also aware that I need to pay for the overstay already.

So confusing.. I'm hoping to get the most reliable answer to my queries.

Thank you guys in advance.