Jomtien Hotels - Recomendations?

LuckyLew

Hello

so we are heading to Jomtien for 3-5 days in mid Febraury

and are looking for a somewhat nice hotel

We will be 4 people travelling

20 month old daughter, 77 year old Mother, Thai GF and Myself

Looking for a room(s) in a hotel that has

Restaurant, breakfast included, close to the beach, near some nice restaurants and a swimming pool

Price range upto 100 USD per night

We stayed before at Pattaya Park and it was not so bad with the breakie, swimming pool and water park

Any thoughts or suggestions

Thanks in advance

LL

I was a bit surpised to find Eurostar in Soi 1 off Jomtien Beachroad.

There is the Eurostar on the corner and the International Eurostar into the Soi.

Important.........in the Soi there are no bars......just some hotels.

No noise from traffic or bars around.

Rooms are okay, pool on hand. BF a bit so-so....but there are other possibilities nearby.

THE VAREE is a huge skyscraper at the eastern end of Jomtien (Soi 15 or so?).

it used to be the FURAMA HOTEL.

they are listed at 4 star, but it's 3.5 stars at best.

nevertheless, they usually offer amazing discounts via agoda or the other usual suspects, particularly during weekdays.

can be as low as 1.200 baht plus Tax incl. BF, just check your desired date.

If you don't mind scores of noisy package tourists from one particular populous Asian country, then this is probably a great deal

A lot more expensive, but a lot more nice either and worth the money, is the PINNACLE GRAND JOMTIEN which is located at the Eastern end of Jomtien too.

http://www.pinnaclehotels.com/hotelsite/pinnacle/jomtien/

Edited by siam2007
  • Like 2

My go-to in Jomtien is the Pinnacle Resort. Rooms can be had for $100 (but not sure during high season). I've stayed for as little as 2000 baht per night on walk-in. Nice bungalows as well, but can be spendy.

Great grounds, nice rooms, good restaurant, excellent beach, and the amazing breakfast buffet itself (included with room) saves 750-1500 baht per head.

Caters to Russian, Eastern European and German FAMILIES. (Not the same as Russians and German single guys you'll find hanging out on walking street. I'm American and find them delightful.)

My go-to in Jomtien is the Pinnacle Resort. Rooms can be had for $100 (but not sure during high season). I've stayed for as little as 2000 baht per night on walk-in. Nice bungalows as well, but can be spendy.

Great grounds, nice rooms, good restaurant, excellent beach, and the amazing breakfast buffet itself (included with room) saves 750-1500 baht per head.

Caters to Russian, Eastern European and German FAMILIES. (Not the same as Russians and German single guys you'll find hanging out on walking street. I'm American and find them delightful.)

agree it is very much a FAMILY Hotel and the grounds are spacious. that's why I recommended it strongly after reading what sort of group the OP will bring.

if he can spend 100$ a night, I really think he should choose that one. Though he didn't mention if his budget is meant per ROOM or for the entire clan ^^

edit: I forgot to mention that you should avoid the period from 19th Feb to 1st of March (but better avoid even after the 14th of Feb already) as for some obvious reason, Chinese mainlanders will taker over the entire town......

Edited by siam2007

Thanks for the posts

The Pinnacle looks very good indeed

Looked at a few others and looks like the budget per night will have to be increased so we can get two rooms,

did not oriinally think of that in initial planning

Will send of web site for pinnacle to my Mommy to see if this looks good to her

After all with her age getting on, her comfort is the most important thing while looking for a hotel

Any other recomendations for a good hotel?

Are you considering Naklua? Some places right on the beach over there and a nicer ambiance I think.

Had not thought about it

Look for ease to get there

Want to use Bell service to get there from Suvarnabhumi

Bus into Pattaya North then Van directly to hotel

Are you considering Naklua? Some places right on the beach over there and a nicer ambiance I think.

Had not thought about it

For not much more money, you can have a nice private car meet you at the airport and drop you off directly at your hotel. For a big Camry or SUV/Van, the cost would be 1500-1800B or so. Well worth the extra money, IMHO. Meet you at the gate, wheel your luggage to the car, and off you go.

The Pinnacle would be great as there's no traffic between you and the beach. Great setup with sun beds and pool, etc. OK breakfast buffet. Several nice restaurants within walking distance up and down the beach, and relatively easy to get into Pattaya if you so desire. Casuarina is right next door and a bit cheaper I think. But looks nice.

I've not stayed here, but B2 has a new property by The View restaurant. It's a budget place, but easy access to the beach.

I'd use a couple of different search engines when looking around. Just tried 2 and several properties were not on the other websites pages.

Had not thought about it

I like Naklua better for families. Jomtien is OK but the place is a bit rundown & more sleaze.

The hotels in Naklua have their own beaches that are kept cleaner.

The amazing Mirage may be out of the budget but GOOGLE Naklua Agoda to see what else is available.

Should be easy to arrange airport pickup.

Mirage Naklua

post-229739-0-45108400-1420678321_thumb.

Had not thought about it

For not much more money, you can have a nice private car meet you at the airport and drop you off directly at your hotel. For a big Camry or SUV/Van, the cost would be 1500-1800B or so. Well worth the extra money, IMHO. Meet you at the gate, wheel your luggage to the car, and off you go.

The Pinnacle would be great as there's no traffic between you and the beach. Great setup with sun beds and pool, etc. OK breakfast buffet. Several nice restaurants within walking distance up and down the beach, and relatively easy to get into Pattaya if you so desire. Casuarina is right next door and a bit cheaper I think. But looks nice.

I've not stayed here, but B2 has a new property by The View restaurant. It's a budget place, but easy access to the beach.

I'd use a couple of different search engines when looking around. Just tried 2 and several properties were not on the other websites pages.

Thanks craig ... but what is B2 ? new property by the view restaurant?

Boneranger ... just check ans bell service does drop offs to some properties in Naklua, so now I will look to see what the hotels are like there

Yes the amazing mirage looks nice but a little pricey. Have to admit, I had never heard of "naklua" before .. lesson learned

Yes, B2 is just down from The Pinnacle. It's a budget property, but looks OK from the web pics.

Big difference between Naklua and NaJomtien. Pretty quiet down here. Not nearly as crowded. But then, not nearly as many things to do. Depends on what you are looking for. I think the properties in Nakula that are directly on the beach are quite pricey????

The Centara property is truly amazing. But not cheap.

B2 is Thailand's nastiest Hotel chain by a margin.

I have stayed in there super-budget hotels at several provinces.

staff at all B2 outlets is the rudest anywhere in Thailand, their English is usually ZERO (which means they make you feel that they do not want to deal with farang, unless you can speak Thai properly), plus there is usually no Restaurant attached whatsoever. Don't know about the Jomtien outlet, though - but it get's miserable ratings at hotel booking websites from both actual guests Thais and Farang.

exception is the B2 at Canal Road Chiang Mai, which B2 took over some years ago and used to be a Best Western property before. Needles to say, it has gone downhill as well since then - the reviews speak for itself.

LUCKYLEW, Jomtien indeed is the right decision as you want to bring your Old MOM. make her stay as pleasant as possible. Naklua is not bad but pretty crowded and cramped. The beach is virtually non-existing anymore at Naklua, whereas at Jomtien there is still some left.

As for the transport: No need for BELL, there is a direct Bus to Jomtien which terminates at the small square at Friendship Supermarket near the Thepprasit junction. from there you can charter (bargain hard) one of the many waiting Sawngthaew. Much less complicated and faster than backtracking to Pattaya North Bus station.

Happy Travel !