Amaranth

chenposeb

Amaranth covers a pretty wide spectrum.

Seeds are available from

Lion Seeds

Chia Tai

AFM Group

as far as I know. You may try to contact them

The decorative variety are very easy to root from cuttings and you can usually find a plant at one of the roadside plant centres.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply guys.

Sorry for delay in answering, an Ice Truck drove into the internet cable for the village and it just got fixed smile.png

rice555, do you know any with a website? BKK is a long way from here.

loong, thanks for the suggestions, will try these. Most of the roadside places I go to though look at me as if Amaranth doesn't even exist on the planet. Same with the market guys in Nong Khai.

This might be because there is a different name in Thai?

It took me months to find anyone who knew what gypsum was, then we discovered a lot of the shops that had never heard of it, stocked it (yipsum) :)

Edited by chenposeb

I grow red leaf and very red amaranth in pots in my house. It's well suited to this climate and hardy enough to defy my worst efforts :). From Chua Yong Seng Seed ,151 Asadang Road,, Wang Burapha Phirom, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200. Not sure if there is a website - none that I can immediately see. But seeds are relatuvely easy to find around Pattaya/Jomtien places. If you strike out, PM me and I'll pick up some packets next time I'm out and send them to you.

Edited by WitawatWatawit
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply guys.

Sorry for delay in answering, an Ice Truck drove into the internet cable for the village and it just got fixed smile.png

rice555, do you know any with a website? BKK is a long way from here.

loong, thanks for the suggestions, will try these. Most of the roadside places I go to though look at me as if Amaranth doesn't even exist on the planet. Same with the market guys in Nong Khai.

This might be because there is a different name in Thai?

It took me months to find anyone who knew what gypsum was, then we discovered a lot of the shops that had never heard of it, stocked it (yipsum) smile.png

Hello All, my mistake, Radiance Wholefoods BKK has the amaranth flour, not seed.

rice555

post-37242-0-52115600-1421341520_thumb.j