Thai police commission endorsed mass transfer of metropolitan police

webfact

Police commission endorsed mass transfer of metropolitan police

7-1-2558-16-49-15-wpcf_728x403.jpg

BANGKOK: -- In a major reshuffle of metropolitan police, the police service commission today (Wednesday) approved the transfer of 14 deputy commanders and 59 superintendents many of them were implicated in alleged irregularities, including the LCD advertising billboard scandal.

Metropolitan Police Bureau commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Sivara Rangseepromkul maintained that all the transfers were in accordance with regulations and justified.

The police service commission met today to discuss the reshuffle under the chairmanship of Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan.

After the meeting, General Prawit said that the police service commission did not interfere with the MPB over the reshuffle list but only made comments on something might be problematic.

The reshuffle will become effective as of January 15 after Pol Lt-Gen Sivara signed in approval of the reshuffle list.

General Prawit said that any affected police officers who felt they were unfairly treated were entitled to take their cases to the Administrative Court.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-commission-endorsed-mass-transfer-metropolitan-policde

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-07

Pathetic, they should have been thrown out of the Police bah.gif

if you had a certain knowledge of this country, you would know that this is virtually impossible.

which is one reason why the BIB force will always be plagued by such problems...... nothing much can happen to them, no matter what they do......

• Like 1

the police service commission today (Wednesday) approved the transfer of 14 deputy commanders and 59 superintendents many of them were implicated in alleged irregularities,..

Why reshuffle?
Better to shuffle them out from the police force.

• Like 2

In response to Post # 10 and others, I think the lack of immediate sackings is due to the Thai Employment acts. They can only be dismissed after any allegations have been followed through and convictions obtained. This, to my knowledge is a "Across the Board" condition of employment.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can confirm.

maybe we should look at the effort being aimed at corruption/graft at present as an attempt to modify behavior to a lower level. if successful and the effort to continue in this direction becomes more widespread and publicized we all might be pleasently surprised.

• Like 1

Any idea how many of them were multi-millionaires?

Rhetorical Q., of course. facepalm.gif

Quite a few, I can imagine.

I know the wife of a cop (not sure of his position) and she can't spend the monet fast enough. She buys new iPhones every so often, brand name bags , shoes etc. etc. She cannot put it in the bank.

What a great situation to be in ! laugh.png

Edited by petedk

I know the wife of a cop (not sure of his position) and she can't spend the monet fast enough. She buys new iPhones every so often, brand name bags , shoes etc. etc. She cannot put it in the bank.

What a great situation to be in !

Maybe, but I venture to say that you probably sleep well at night, presumably being an honest character.

Whereas many of these bent coppers are finding that under this new P.M., 'Fings ain't wot they used to be', and there must be more than a few having sleepless nights wondering if they will be found out or ratted out. Anyway they can always sleep in the inactive post department.

• Like 2

What a great situation to be in !

Maybe, but I venture to say that you probably sleep well at night, presumably being an honest character.

Whereas many of these bent coppers are finding that under this new P.M., 'Fings ain't wot they used to be', and there must be more than a few having sleepless nights wondering if they will be found out or ratted out. Anyway they can always sleep in the inactive post department.

S

Depending on their political side I guess.....
  • Like 2

Do these people not know the meaning of the words: fire, sack, dismiss, get rid of, terminate, discharge, kick out, send packing, dispense with...........?

Even better words.

Arrested, charged, indicted, prosecuted, and imprisoned.

But of course these words would rarely be attached to a policeman here in the LOS. The same as many of the words you use.

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why am I not surprised. I guess Prayuts "Reform" does not include anything different from the prior governments. If he was going hold the police accountable for corruption he would have to do the same for the military and other governmental branches so he can't have that.

Seems the only people who get punished for anything are the PTP which get a five year ban. So in conclusion, Koh Tao, Phucket beach back to same old tricks, foreign company shareholders should lose voting rights, tourists should not wear bikini's etc.etc.

Still many TV members spout off when he is criticized and have a cult following for him, Ok I will be waiting for "BUT THE SHINS"!

Another waste of cyberspace.

A police man who is a thief in his current position is still going to be a thief once he has been transferred won’t be cured he will just be a thief in a new area, all thief’s should be behind bars large steel ones that is .

Why am I not surprised. I guess Prayuts "Reform" does not include anything different from the prior governments. If he was going hold the police accountable for corruption he would have to do the same for the military and other governmental branches so he can't have that.

Seems the only people who get punished for anything are the PTP which get a five year ban. So in conclusion, Koh Tao, Phucket beach back to same old tricks, foreign company shareholders should lose voting rights, tourists should not wear bikini's etc.etc.

Still many TV members spout off when he is criticized and have a cult following for him, Ok I will be waiting for "BUT THE SHINS"!

You asked for it! What did the Shins do about it? Weren't the advertisement boards there well before May 22nd, 2014? Erm...

You asked for it! What did the Shins do about it? Weren't the advertisement boards there well before May 22nd, 2014? Erm...
Yes and they were there well before the Shins Erm....
  • Like 1

I don't remember seeing any advertising boards in Police stations, so this must be new, at least at any I have been in. Taksin did not do much about police corruption but he did form the DSI which has had limited success. At the time it was being formed I had a police friend who was recruited into it, and he was told that they were to go into any province and arrest corrupt police and be the equivalent of the FBI. It did not end up that way but sometimes the DSI will get involved when the local police won't for some crimes. So I will give him credit for that.

If Prayut did not spout off about how he is going to clean up corruption I would not be commenting, so far I have only seen some police who were supposedly Taksin alined purged and business as usual (transfers) for all the others.

• Like 1