Samui Immigration

Wow, actually nice to hear a good comment about Immigration. Was it the young lady who helps out the desk girl? Always found her to be quite polite.

Yes that girl is always most helpfull but I had to wait an hour to get inside to spot her. No, this was a lady in uniform who went down the line outside. At 9.30 the Birdman arrived and immediately went into a flap so he missed out on his usual New Tears Gift but by then I was out of there.

• Like 1

It's high time they devised a system in that chaotic office visibly separating annual renewals/90 dayers from everyone else.

They have tried a couple of times, numbers, signs dividing the front counter, but when the main queue is blocking the door it all falls apart.

Hopefully the new office will sort out these issues (if it ever gets finished).

It would help if they put the number machine outside where applicants can take a number and wait for it to be called.

One for renewals...one for extensions......

Sorry, is this making too much sense?

Not very effective unless the numbering machine has half a dozen different languagres on it!!!

Most Russian/Chinese/Korean/Japanese tourists cannot read English or Thai.

They used to have a numbering machine in AIS - only Thai though, so most foreigners just took the first ticket! (Wrong one for paying a bill - that was number two!)

Hopefully the new immigration office will have desks clearly stating what visas ect they deal with. 90 reports should be an immediate drop off and thirty minute pick up which would also help to ease congestion.

Not holding my breath though.

• Like 1

I was once told by the ladies there to come to always come the front of the queue, and I always have, I have never waited in line, nor have I ever had anyone waiting question my bypassing the queue.

Dangerous. You could be mistaken for a pushy Russian and beaten up !

I was once told by the ladies there to come to always come the front of the queue, and I always have, I have never waited in line, nor have I ever had anyone waiting question my bypassing the queue.

Absolutely, same same for me smile.png

• Like 1

Can someone enlighten me as to why renewals/90 day reports should have priority over tourist visa 30 days extensions?

Surely everyone should be treated equally, and in the order they arrive in. Or am I missing something.

There is no form to fill in for a 90 days report. We are already in the system, usually with a load of history. It is just a confirmation. We will all be on one year visas with extensions. Retired, work permits, tax payers etc

A bit more work on a tourist visa extension. Not same same. On tourist visas they are probably also looking for illegal workers.

Can someone enlighten me as to why renewals/90 day reports should have priority over tourist visa 30 days extensions?

Surely everyone should be treated equally, and in the order they arrive in. Or am I missing something.

Renewals: Most have the templates on their computers & only have to change the date whereas tourists etc complete the paperwork in the office by hand & have to have them checked when handed in.

90 day report: This should be a 5 min affair involving the swipe of a barcode. The service is free of charge therefore there's no waiting about for a receipt; not that receipts are particularly common there!

I still carry the old form as a failsafe for the latter in case there's a powercut smile.png

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

Last time I was there they had 2 lines; one for 90-day report and one for extensions.

Steelerian, many doing 90-day reports work and need to get back to work rather than spend a day at immigration. Whereas tourists don't really have anything they need to rush back to ;)

• Like 1