Questions re non O visa etc.

Written on behalf of a friend.

Need some advice. Currently on a 30 day extension in Thailand, already have 5 tourist visas in my pp so I am looking at other options.

A visa run agent in bangkok told me they can do a non imm o and retirement visa. Needed were money, an atm card, and 3 days. They said there will be no exit or entry stamps in or out of thailand, all is done at immigration in bangkok. Is this legal? I thought with a 30 day extension you cannot change visa staus without leaving thailand. Any advice appreciated.

Yes, you can convert to a non-immirgant visa. But must have at least 15 days left on your current permisison to stay and have 800,000 baht in the bank or show an income of 65,000 baht or a combination of both. For the money in the bank one needs proof it was transferred form abroad.

So yes, it can be legal. But it will probably not be legal if they offer to provide the money.

The 3 days and no mention of financial proof makes it seem dodgy.

It is possible to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for retirement extension. It requires 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht. It takes 2 trips to immigration 15 days apart to get the visa and 90 day entry stamp.

Then an application can be made for an extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 entry. The 800k baht would have to be in the bank for 60 days at that time.