Air Asia.

songhklasid

Nothing to do with the crash, god rest their souls, but november last year, I took a friend BKK to PP, phnom penh, see wanted to see sites there,I booked months previously,However , she was ill once there, & I had to cut our 10 day stay (sinoukville included) & head back to thailand after 3 days, the cost of the alteration was near $200 american, more than I paid for the original tickets, so beware people, I loathe to travel with them in future.coffee1.gif

rgds S.S.

last year i was of a mind, to cut my trip to Thailand short due to work schedule changing, I had booked a return with Qatar at £440, they wanted £475 to change the return ticket. we are our worse enemy when booking, as we look for the cheapest ticket, but this comes with no flexibility, so not restricted to Air Asia.

Needless to stay i stayed here until the original date.

• Like 1

last year i was of a mind, to cut my trip to Thailand short due to work schedule changing, I had booked a return with Qatar at £440, they wanted £475 to change the return ticket. we are our worse enemy when booking, as we look for the cheapest ticket, but this comes with no flexibility, so not restricted to Air Asia.

would it have been easier just to buy a fresh ticket and dust bin the orig one ?

I am not a major fan of AIr Asia - but their Camodian fares are substantially lower than Thai or Bangkok Aiirways- and even though TG/PG charge higher fares - those fares are still non-refundable and have a significant change fee - so I agree with the other replies - this is true of most every airline - if you want the lowest fare - then be prepared to pay a large amount to make changes later - for any airline.

I am just curious which airline you will fly with that will sell you cheap tickets for the dates you require and then not charge you for changing the dates.

I sympathise with you, but they are all alike, at least with Air Asia you start off paying low, and only pay more should you wish to change the tickets

On a few occasions I've required to change my flight with AA. It has always been cheaper to just buy a new one. No problem - that's the risk I took when buying the original ticket. The conditions were made clear and it was my decision to buy that seat. No complaints.

The big consolation is that if I add the cost of the new ticket to the old one, even combined it has always come in less than Thai Airways - Where is the room for complaining??

To complain about the cost of changing the flight details of an AA cheapie ticket says more about the OP, and his lack of understanding of the airline fare structures, than the airline.

Try buying a cheap ticket with any other airline and then request a change to the return booking. As other posters have indicated, that will come at a high cost.

Completely unfair to single out Air Asia on this issue.

• Like 1

if you book cheapo promotion tickets with most legacy carriers of the US or Europe, you have no option to change date at all. you will forfeit the ticket entirely if you do not use exactly as booked.

The Budget Airlines usually all have the option to change dates, albeit it comes with a hefty fee

I recently booked a trip to Bali on AA. Was not sure of exact return date so booked 2 1 way tickets. The return ticket was full fare ticket not a cheap discount ticket, which allowed changes. I tried to change my return date and the charge for the change was more then the originai 2 1 way tickets together. That was ontop of what I already paid for the original ticket. I tried to make the change 5 days prior to my return date. So be very wary of their change policies

would it have been easier just to buy a fresh ticket and dust bin the orig one ?

I tried all ways to get back at a reasonable price, if memory serves me well the cheapest at the short notice i needed were £400+,

I can get staff standby tickets with any one world partner, but all flights were full or had lots of staff in front of me in the standby list,

no harm done i just had some more weeks in the sun. I didn't mind the stay, my point was that we buy cheap tickets, and changing them can be impossible or expensive to do, i do have a back-up plan with the staff ticket, but at the short notice i required even that failed me.

• Like 1

I recently booked a trip to Bali on AA. Was not sure of exact return date so booked 2 1 way tickets. The return ticket was full fare ticket not a cheap discount ticket, which allowed changes. I tried to change my return date and the charge for the change was more then the originai 2 1 way tickets together. That was ontop of what I already paid for the original ticket. I tried to make the change 5 days prior to my return date. So be very wary of their change policies

usually AirAsia are the most expensive for tickets between Bangkok and Bali anyway.

Malaysia Airlines usually A LOT cheaper, albeit you have to connect flights at KL