Tri Bar

h90

I found this page: http://www.km8bicycle.com/store/product/%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C-1944568-th.html

These tri bars seem cheap. I am looking to have it more comfortable and at the same time more aerodynamic on flat straight streets.

Anyone with experience? Are they more comfortable? Can they be adjusted in height?

I used to have them on a previous bike, more aerodynamic yes, more comfortable, not in my experience. Not only that you have less control, I'd only use them if I was on a closed course, not on the road with traffic.

But, everyone is different, so it's not too expensive to have a try if you like them or not :-)

That shop is also quite a good, if somewhat busy one. Just bought my shiny new carbon wheels from them before Christmas.

Edited by moonoi
  • Like 1

I used to have them on a previous bike, more aerodynamic yes, more comfortable, not in my experience. Not only that you have less control, I'd only use them if I was on a closed course, not on the road with traffic.

But, everyone is different, so it's not too expensive to have a try if you like them or not :-)

That shop is also quite a good, if somewhat busy one. Just bought my shiny new carbon wheels from them before Christmas.

yes the thought is to use it only these long straight, boring roads with almost no traffic.

Tri bars are really only for racing (ie Road Time Trials, Triathlons and some track disciplines). You don't need them for everyday riding. Indeed when used in a group with other riders they are considered positively dangerous.

• Like 1

Tri bars are really only for racing (ie Road Time Trials, Triathlons and some track disciplines). You don't need them for everyday riding. Indeed when used in a group with other riders they are considered positively dangerous.

I'd say they are also useful on the turbo as well

I only ride alone.

Seems to be that I look at the wrong item with tri-bars. I thought I found something to get into a more relaxed position, but as it seems it is just the opposite .

I only ride alone.

Seems to be that I look at the wrong item with tri-bars. I thought I found something to get into a more relaxed position, but as it seems it is just the opposite .

Correct.

• 1 month later...

I got one:

Good:

body position is very relaxing, if the back doesn't start to hurt. I could almost sleep in that position.

With head wind you are 1-2 km/h faster

Bad:

If the back isn't elastic enough it hurts

if the street isn't good the bike is hard to control

if there is some difficult traffic the tri bar is a ticket to valhalla

You must lift the head to see forward which puts some strain on the neck

So over all I love it, but it isn't the cure for everything.