Has the Junta ordered the collection of all private-held firearms?

mitsubishi

Heard from someone yesterday that the Junta had announced earlier this year for a mass-firearms amnesty or all guns, unregistered and registered alike!

Has anyone heard if this was just bluster or were Thais handing them over?

I heard a rumour that Thailand want all illegal nuclear weapons handed in.

Is it true?

i paid the pu yai and got the permit so it must be legal... + side , my 3 headed goats go down real well at the local market.

• Like 1

Posts removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

You have incorrect information I registered a new gun last month. However ammo is getting harder to come by. Some people say the Military are restricting the sale.

The removed quote was from a Phuket news outlet who must have got it wrong then. Yeah I've heard ammo is real expensive in LoS too.

mitsubishi, on 11 Jan 2015 - 12:18, said:
ATF, on 11 Jan 2015 - 07:47, said:

You have incorrect information I registered a new gun last month. However ammo is getting harder to come by. Some people say the Military are restricting the sale.

The removed quote was from a Phuket news outlet who must have got it wrong then. Yeah I've heard ammo is real expensive in LoS too.

Yes the price has just about doubled in the last couple of years.

I don't know why they the Military would want to take private firearms out of circulation because most criminals can't afford the Thai prices for even stolen guns, unless they steal the guns themselves I suppose.

There seems to be a lot of grenades in circulation and you can't buy those.