Bkk Rental 6-8k/month?

Am hoping board members can recommend a place you currently live in or have visited (friends apt, etc):

Monthly rent: 6-8,000 month, contract 3 month or less preferred.

Maximum 10 minute walk from any skytrain or subway station.

Can be a apartment, serviced apartment or condotel- furnished.

Wifi- setup in building, will pay extra for the service, (my current apt. has 15 day connection for 390 THB, renewable).

Close proximity to restaurants, vendors, thai etc.

Building name, address, phone number, contact name- please

Am hoping board members can recommend a place you currently live in or have visited (friends apt, etc):

Cannot stop laughing!

Who need circus if there are clowns everywhere? Nice try, drew

Those kind of comments are unfortunately rampant on this forum. A pity, as it ruin much of the pleasure being here.

You are not going to get much in that price range in Bangkok.

Even in Pattaya it would only get a very small downmarket single room apartment.

The place is very unlikely to have any facilities like WiFi.

• 2 weeks later...

Even in Pattaya it would only get a very small downmarket single room apartment.

7k gets you a good room in certain areas of Bangkok - WiFi is increasingly popular (as an additional service for condos), some condos make you pay for the hi-speed internet.

Look at 9apartments website (just observe those banners) - you'll see some decent condos which come with Hi-speed internet below 5,000THB.

To the thread starter, you'll have to increase your budget slightly if you want such a short lease. But it seems that Greenery House have what you want.

Chok dee, Krup.

Edited by noy9000

There's a very nice, neat and well maintained place in Pahonyothin Soi 4 (30 metres is on the left, just as the soi dog-legs to the left) and it's across from a bigger apartment building. Don't have name or number but you can't miss it.

When I checked a year ago it was around 9,000. think it included UBC or satellite tv as well. Had a small kitchenette too. Don;t know about Wi-Fi.

Sanam Pao is five minute walk. There's a Starbucks coffee joint five minutes the other way, a Villa supermarket and a McDonalds. Some good Thai seafood places around there too.

Scads and scads of places in this pricerange within walking distance to BTS throughout BKK. My last place up there was 6500/mo plus 600 for hispeed internet (shared 2mbps line) 400 meters from Onnut BTS station. the place came with 6 channels of sat TV, 24 hours security, washing machines, drinking water machine, keycard entry etc. My room was small but had its own private entrance and a huge private walkway,patio! There were 8 other buildings on Suk 81 in the same price range! (Suk 81 is a short soi!)

Scads and scads of places in this pricerange within walking distance to BTS throughout BKK. My last place up there was 6500/mo plus 600 for hispeed internet (shared 2mbps line) 400 meters from Onnut BTS station. the place came with 6 channels of sat TV, 24 hours security, washing machines, drinking water machine, keycard entry etc. My room was small but had its own private entrance and a huge private walkway,patio! There were 8 other buildings on Suk 81 in the same price range! (Suk 81 is a short soi!)

I think foreigners are oftened ripped. Certain apartments should go off at only less than 5000/ month, but, foreigners are getting 10,000THB/mo for a basic apartment in Rachadapisek. Please! 8000THB gets you a quality apartment in further inwards Rachadapisek or Huay Khwang - apartments which are comparable to Pratunam house (If you've been there before).

It does help if you get a Thai friend to accompany you as you do your condo hunt. You'll avoid many unneccessary 'rips'.

Monthly rent: 6-8,000 month, contract 3 month or less preferred.

Maximum 10 minute walk from any skytrain or subway station.

Can be a apartment, serviced apartment or condotel- furnished.

Wifi- setup in building, will pay extra for the service, (my current apt. has 15 day connection for 390 THB, renewable).

Close proximity to restaurants, vendors, thai etc.

Building name, address, phone number, contact name- please

Hey,

If you are interested in On Nut end of the Skytrain-line (Ekamai, Phra Khanong, On Nut) and you are happy with a Studio, then there are plenty of those, just walk up and down some of the sois (like 81, as someone suggested) Easy to find! Not sure about their lease terms. But plenty og Studios in your price range.

MaiTai