Galaxy Note 3

Anthony5

What's the current going price for a Note 3 LTE at MBK or elsewhere. I understand that there is an LTE and a non-LTE version, right?

Could buy online at around 16.000 but prefer to buy at shop as I want to trade in my Note 1.

To the mods, please leave the thread here as it will attract more attention.

Actually they seemed to be cheaper in November, December. The Toyota Note 3 was as low as 13k. I think the dealers are seeing the N4 is not a huge improvement and people are still buying the N3.

I guess the Toyota note was only available at Toyota dealers and was intended to be sold to Toyota customers only, but in reality everyone could buy them?

AQen't they available anymore, and should I ask a Toyota dealer for that?

Do they have all the functions unlocked?

the Note 3 NEO is 15,900 by InvadeIT . . . in case you were considering it a match against the Note 3 LTE

It depends as I see that the Neo is also available in 3G and LTE version, and since I don't buy a new phone every 3 weeks like some, LTE is a must.

The Neo also has lower resolution and only 2Gb ram where the 9005 has 3 Gb ram, so don't think I will consider it.

Doesn't look like a bad deal, especially since I now have Dtac 3G prepaid anyway.

After all the Dtac offer doesn't look that good of a deal fore me, specifically because it involves the data plan.

Now I get 6Gb trinet for 650 Baht, where with the data plan which is included I would get only 3Gb for 799 Baht.

Fine I get also free calls, but I have no use for that since I have an AIS SIm with a very favorable plan and the Dtac sim sits in an aircard.

So over 12 months I would not only lose 1500 Bht but also 36 Gb in data.

• Like 1

I just notice that the Note 2 also has LTE and 2600 Mhz band.

Slightly lower spec than the Note 3, but may be enough for me, since the main use is making and receiving phone calls and the occasional websurf or picture.

Is the Note 2 considerably cheaper than the Note 3, otherwise it doesn't make sense of course, as it is difficult to find up to date prices.

Just saw a Note 3 Toyota on Lazada for 14.900 Bht.

Be careful which one you buy if using it internationally as there are several models with different radio setups... I use one that has been unlocked and will do everything from cdma to lte... It wasn't cheap...

I think Samsung doesn't region lock their phones.

Samsung do region lock in Europe. But as I understand it, you just use it for 3 calls and the lock is lifted (something like that anyway) I don't think Samsung in Thailand is region locked. As long as you stick with the 9000 (3g) or the 9500 (LTE) then no problem.

So tomorrow I will travel to Bangkok to purchase a Note 3. I don't know much of what is currently available, but I have set my mind on the Note 3 because of the 5.7" screen, 1080p resolution, LTE 2600Mhz band, fast quad core processor and 3Gb ram. I know now also that the price will be about 16000 Baht and that is the maximum I want to spend on a phone.

Is there another phone I should consider, which has all the spec I mentioned above and is cheaper and comparable quality.

So tomorrow I will travel to Bangkok to purchase a Note 3. I don't know much of what is currently available, but I have set my mind on the Note 3 because of the 5.7" screen, 1080p resolution, LTE 2600Mhz band, fast quad core processor and 3Gb ram. I know now also that the price will be about 16000 Baht and that is the maximum I want to spend on a phone.

Is there another phone I should consider, which has all the spec I mentioned above and is cheaper and comparable quality.

Ummm nope not really. Only 2 that spring to mind LG G3 and huawei mate 7 : http://m.huawei.com/enmobile/consumer/mobile-phones/detail/ascend-mate7.htm

I'm guessing you need 2600mhz for your home country right. As you know it's 2100mhz 4G here.

Ummm nope not really. Only 2 that spring to mind LG G3 and huawei mate 7 : http://m.huawei.com/enmobile/consumer/mobile-phones/detail/ascend-mate7.htm

I'm guessing you need 2600mhz for your home country right. As you know it's 2100mhz 4G here.

I take a look at the LG G3 and the Huawei, but the reason that I want 2600 Mhz is that I don't want to buy a phone for each country I may travel to in the future.

So what did you end up buying? How much? Where from?

I read the reviews for the Huawei and LG on Anandtech, and decided to go for the Note 3 LTE.

Walked for hours from booth to booth and got pretty much similar prices.

It seems they have 2 "versions". One has the 12 month Samsung warranty and the other has only 3-4 up to 6 month Samsung warranty, but after that you can still get the warranty through the shop as they have some invoice or whatever to deal with Samsung. The explanation I could get out of them was that they buy in bulk and it has different rules. The phones are new and have Thailand imei.

Date on the box sticker is 10/2014. I was worried that it would be refurbished phones but the assured me they are not.

Anyway i downloaded the App Phone info from playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo&hl=nl, which is specifically for Samsung phones, and it will tell you all secret info about your phone.

It tells me that my phone is original and not refurbished, manufatured in Korea 01/2014, the firmware build 09/2014 and Knox counter 0/0. It has a lot of hidden info about the phone.

It also tells me that all CSC codes, whatever that may be, are Thailand

Anyway tomorrow I will travel to Samsung service center to have it double checked.

The deal i got from quite a few shops was 16.900 for the full warranty and 15.000 for the part warranty, both including screen protector and book cover.

For the latter one I was able to get a deal for 11.500 Baht with trading in my Note 1. You will know from my other thread that it has some screen issues. It also has a custom Kitkat rom installed, which worked much better than stock rom, but they weren't too happy about a custom rom.

So when making the deal they started thoroughly checking my phone, and at a point where they reset the phone and put pressure on the screen,the screen started flickering and wasn't able to restart.

Surprisingly they didn't make a big deal of it, but rather thought it had to do with the custom rom, which i know isn't so. I know however that when I bend it a little and press on the case under the battery I can recover it, which I succeeded in.

They were though a little wary and to avoid further troubles I moved on to another shop that had made me the same deal.

That shop also took it to a shop for a thorough check and then started discussing the price. The final deal I made was 11.750 Baht with screen protector, but no book cover, and trading in my Note 1.

I did the deal with Sister shop, which is located about in the middle of the section with the larger booths, but as I said there were also a few shops in the other section that agreed to the same deal.

The best price I could get for full warranty, with screen protector and book cover was 16.500 Baht and they would take over my note for 3500 also. This trade in price however is no guarantee, because i found out now that once you agree they will take it to another shop who will buy it from them, and probably lower the price.

I also have to guess if it is really full warranty because you can see a difference between the phones, and their heads haven't cracked from the first lie they told.

What I also discovered, similar to Panthip, that a lot of the shops are these days run by people from Indian origin and they lie through their teeth.

Edit to add: I also noticed that normally the LTE model has a sticker on the front of the box saying so, and on the back of the box is printed LTE as well.

Now there were a feww dealer who had boxes that didn't have the sticker and the printed info said HSDPA , though they assured me it was an LTE version, and the stciker with the ENIE code said SM-N9005 which is the LTE model.

I had one shop, with Indian people behind the counter, who when I noticed they wanted to sell me a 3G version for a 4G, offered me the LTE 16Gb version at a lower price. As far as I know there is no 16Gb version.smile.png

Edited by Anthony5

You managed to get 5k for a note 1. Well done!

No I actually got 3.250 because the price for the new phone was 15.000, as I choose the one with the part warranty.The initial deal was 3500 Baht and included a book cover.

In Tukcom Pattaya they offered me 4000 Baht on a 16.900 Baht phone which they said was 1 year warranty. That was of course with only visible check of the phone.

Edited by Anthony5

Still more than I expected you to get for a note 1. As long as your happy with everything ..

Indeed many shops would offer only 2000 Baht, as you predicted, and that was before taking the phone to a second hand dealer for check. At that point the offer price can only go down.

How happy I'm really are I will tell you tomorrow after I visited the Samsung service center.

Looking already forward to installing a custom ROM as I miss some futures already.

I love my Note 3 Neo.

I think I got the 3G version, but I don't really care because H+ already yields 80 Mbps, just a bit less than LTE, not that I would ever get either maximum speed anyway.

I don't care about full HD on such a small screen, and the thing I like most about it is battery life, as the battery has a capacity of 3100 mAh