Cheaper place to live than Bkk, and have a beach?

riorobc023

The gear is much cheaper.......

Look at places like Khanom, Chumphon, etc etc.

But there might be no good gym

oh sorry i know it is much cheaper.

But i am actually talking about my food intake .. 6 meals a day

rice/potatoes/pad thai x chicken/pork repeat 6 times .. exhausting and expensive

-----

Are Khanom, Chumphon accessible by airplane?

also i am assuming phuket/koh samui/koh tao are a definite no because expensive, yes

Edited by dotpoom

Geeez what a boring life just body building and No girls and no partys why goto LOS in the first place and complain its too expensive bloody hell.

boring life? expensive? hmmm , not fun? hmmmm

think about this one real quick. Drink until your liver fails, maybe not now, but 20 years down the road. Oh and your pancreas!

Oh wait, mental health and addiction! Forget that goes along with the worlds deadliest drug---- alcohol. Kills more than cocaine/heroin/meth you name it.

Cheers

You ever heard of any long term side effects from gear? give me a medical article please would love to see it.

Name me one injectable gear that has effects on your liver besides Trenbolone. You won't find one.

Who said anything about no girls? and when you are good looking and have muscles......

well i'll leave it there. i'm on a forum

For the OP, If u live near Ekkamai just move further out to Onnut, there is a good market behind the road opposite Big C, its cheap and clean lots of ppl buying there farangs too.. I moved to phuket from bkk coz not far from beach and close to nature, air very clean... Life is same as cheap here if you cook for yourself and know the ways around just need a motorbike... wai2.gif

Thank you sir! Will have to check that out then..Guess i have to trial and error it

What what i have heard from friends, and people that live here in bangkok, pattaya is a no-go for me.

was looking at rayong, and chantuburi though?

this is not my first time living in a developing country ~~~~~

was already in RJ for two years

got to be fluent in portuguese and lived like a local. brazilian culture 100x different and the woman 100x different here

i miss brazilian ass. but i must adjust

• Like 1

I have lived in Bangkok for 5 years and moved a lot with work but a little more than a year ago decided I wanted to stay put and have a good gym and pool either near or in my building. I found Waterford Diamond tower on suk 50? and River heaven condo on Charoenkrung road to be the best is both areas. The latter is the best for cheap street food. The area is vey Thai but also close to farang stuff. Wateford has, or at least boasts the best condo gym in Bangkok. I suggest you do that as beach cities don't have so many of those kind of facilities (at least in my experience when visiting) why not spend a bit more on a condo that includes gym and while not a beach a nice pool?

I dont know about the waterford gym on soi 50 but I used to go the the gym at waterford soi 30/1. Although the materialvwas quite old, everything is there and its hardly ever busy, thought it was a great place, also the pool is quite ok there.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

come to Ban chang, Rayong province eastern Thailand

One of Larry's snacks in the Beaver should just about cover your calorie intake for the day.....................wink.png

• Like 1

Try Ranong. If you stay at Tinidee inn, (No, I don't get commission) not the main Tinidee building but only 50 meters away, with all the use of the facilities for only 8000 baht a month or 580 baht a day. You get a nice large double room with wireless internet, A/C, TV but not English stations, room cleaned each day, clean towels too, you have a free gym, large swimming pool, hot spa, sometimes very hot as it comes from the hot springs, jacuzzi also very hot, and sauna. Food in Ranong is reasonably cheap, If you want to eat till your hearts content try farmhouse buffet for breakfast, (all you can eat between 8am to 10am, for 100Baht sounds like what you want) Ranong is on the coast, but any beach worth swimming at you will need to travel a bit. Beautiful waterfalls nearby, Ranong canyon, rain forest and just a 1 hr ferry ride to Koh Chang,(Not Trat there are 2 Koh Changs in Thailand) and Koh Phayam being some of the nicest islands in Thailand.

Many people go there for visa trips to Burma, and they only see the smelly pier and leave the same day thinking there is nothing there.

There are many other options there if you want cheap accommodation and an Aussie friend of mine has opened a gym there where you can get monthly membership.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Appreciate everyone of them. I have to look deeper into bangkok i suppose

I am seriously looking into rayong or chanturburi/trat

i was speaking to a thai woman today who highly recommended it, and hua hin/cha-am but she said it was more expensive than bangkok and a retirement destination..

I live in Naklua just a few minutes stroll to the beach and very cheap to live in this area Rooms from 2,500 per month up to 5,000 all with Sat TV and free wifi included. Markets near by and a Tesco lotus is just a 7 minute stroll from my front door.( Big C is about a 15 minute stroll ) Bus Station and Train station close by!

Cha am also is worth a look as nice beaches and less farang about ! also cheap accommodation is available ( in most Thai areas you can always find rooms from around 2,500 baht per month and no need to pay more than 5,000 for something nice!

also in this area Hua Hin / Cha am is connected to Bangkok with a daily train ( ordinary train for just 44 baht ) and rather pleasant may i add viewers.....

Farang Jaidee ( your very own lovable Thai Visa friend ) wub.png

rice/potatoes/pad thai x chicken/pork repeat 6 times .. exhausting and expensive

Where are you eating and what kind of prices? Do you cook yourself? You mentioned Ekkamai, that is just about the most expensive part of Bangkok.

wow i sure did pick a winner didn't i? Wow . Yes i live in ekamai. Full of snobs here i am noticing. It's WEIRD. Because everyone else is always smiling..

Yes i cook 5 times a day and eat out once it seems like.

chicken/pork/fish all bought from BIG C (expensive)

potatoes/rice/bananas/oatmeal/peanut butter etc (big C)

a little less expensive than the US, but nothing to write home about.

Still spending roughly 90-100$ a week on food =(

If you eat 6 big meals a day of course it wil get expensive

What did you expect?

You could easily just move to a lower cost area of Bangkok

Like chatujak or up OnNut or near seacon square

6 meals + is not cheap

-----

also i am assuming phuket/koh samui/koh tao are a definite no because expensive, yes?

I think Jomtien is cheap enough. You can rent a reasonable condo for under 10k, there thousands of cheap, local little restaurants and you have a lot gyms,, Tonys have a few big gyms around Pattaya which is close,, i see quite a few body builders there as i waddle past. Oh, and of course a nice beach,,,

The attached pic is near ban krut, after Christmas this year. Literally not another person in sight...If Prachuap has good gym facilities and good access to beaches like this, that might be the OP's solution, especially if he has zero interest in nightlife, bars etc.

Further down the coast line from Cha-am you'll find Chumphon & Langsuan. Cracking beaches and just about zero farang tourists so proper Thai prices

The attached pic is near ban krut, after Christmas this year. Literally not another person in sight...If Prachuap has good gym facilities and good access to beaches like this, that might be the OP's solution, especially if he has zero interest in nightlife, bars etc.

Further down the coast line from Cha-am you'll find Chumphon & Langsuan. Cracking beaches and just about zero farang tourists so proper Thai prices

post-208337-0-24410700-1421163000_thumb.

• Like 1

That's fantastic! Not unlike Chumphon as it goes but probably better links to BKK. I hadn't thought about a decent gym... Maybe not in Chumphon and definitely not in Langsuan! That looks incredible! I get to Chumphon now and then because we have a couple of small coffee farms inland a few clicks. I'm going to have a punt up to ban krut as soon as I can! Great call

-----

also i am assuming phuket/koh samui/koh tao are a definite no because expensive, yes?

I think Jomtien is cheap enough. You can rent a reasonable condo for under 10k, there thousands of cheap, local little restaurants and you have a lot gyms,, Tonys have a few big gyms around Pattaya which is close,, i see quite a few body builders there as i waddle past. Oh, and of course a nice beach,,,

I have a friend that lives outside of Pattaya. She doesn't prefer the city and rubbish that goes on in and about pattaya city. I'll ask her about Jomtien. From what i've read so far, looks nice..

It's not like bangkok , crazy and busy all the time? Also will i need a motorbike?

Hua Hin is popular with many people ( especially wealthy Bangkok types) as it has a tourist respectability, family focus, diverse restaurants and bars, gyms, Farang food places, English books/papers ... long beaches, quieter further towards Banbury, 3 .5 hours from BKK, popular with Scandinavians and English, and mixed families etc., lots of rented houses, big supply of new properties etc., however it can get crowded at special holidays and some prices can be on the higher side sometimes. Give it a try book into a guesthouse say for upto 5 days or so and try it.

i've been everywhere man

(you know where this is going)

http://youtu.be/MmFN9C9PVpg

Like you and me (and Johhny Cash) i've been everywhere

looking for a quiet place to be away from tourists, bar girls

i don't need any of it, if i wanted the city life i would live in

New York,, i ended up in Rayong, the cheapest place in Thai

i have found so far that had a decent standard, you need

to check it out,, but for now,,,,,,, sing along to the Aussie version

with Lucky Starr and young Brian Henderson

i've been everywhere man

post-141778-0-18648100-1421175704_thumb.

-----

I have a friend that lives outside of Pattaya. She doesn't prefer the city and rubbish that goes on in and about pattaya city. I'll ask her about Jomtien. From what i've read so far, looks nice..

It's not like bangkok , crazy and busy all the time? Also will i need a motorbike?

thats true, it is much easier if you get a motorbike. Its not like Bangkok at all, it has a much nicer feel to it in my opinion and of course if you do crave busy nightlife once in a while then Pattaya is on your doorstep.

My friend recently rented a nice big, 1 bedroom condo just off the Thepprasit Road for 7000 a month,, its not the newest condo block but it is well managed and maintained,

Good luck with you search, I think Jomten might be good for you.

• Like 1

life of a bodybuilder seems hardcore....good for you. i remember when i had to worry about 1-2 lbs with bike racing, and it's a business with very little payout except the knowledge that you are doing what you love, meeting goals, working hard, suffering, and life is short so why not?

i must advise against pattaya, even though i have only been there one day (and night). in MY opinion, there is the number 666 found 666 times on 666 roads and 666 buildings in that city......my soul is still fighting to get out.......what i saw cannot be unseen....i don't want your eyes to see the 9 rings of hll. or maybe 8 rings....let's just say 666 rings.....

Edited by puukao
  • Like 1

Pattaya is very cheap and has 2 great gyms, I am bodybuilder also and I go to Tony's on 3rd and pattaya Tai, rooms for rent are around 3,500-8,000 a month, depends on the size you want, and there are 3 awesome beaches to choose from, food is cheap.

Living in BKK is insanely expensive, rent is about 20,000 baht and you have to deal with taxi's, in Pattaya you can rent a motorbike for 3,000 a month, basically you can live on less than a $1,000 a month.

Message me if you have any questions, and if you need enhancing medicine let me know, I know the cheapest places to buy them, this is direct so no high BKK prices.

Rgds.

J-

• Like 1

Pattaya is very cheap and has 2 great gyms, I am bodybuilder also and I go to Tony's on 3rd and pattaya Tai, rooms for rent are around 3,500-8,000 a month, depends on the size you want, and there are 3 awesome beaches to choose from, food is cheap.

Living in BKK is insanely expensive, rent is about 20,000 baht

Rooms are everywhere in Bangkok for 3,500 to 8,000 too.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

life of a bodybuilder seems hardcore....good for you. i remember when i had to worry about 1-2 lbs with bike racing, and it's a business with very little payout except the knowledge that you are doing what you love, meeting goals, working hard, suffering, and life is short so why not?

i must advise against pattaya, even though i have only been there one day (and night). in MY opinion, there is the number 666 found 666 times on 666 roads and 666 buildings in that city......my soul is still fighting to get out.......what i saw cannot be unseen....i don't want your eyes to see the 9 rings of hll. or maybe 8 rings....let's just say 666 rings.....

Really surprised it took you a whole day (and night) to come to that conclusion on Pattaya..............................coffee1.gif

As you say, it was your opinion, but to use that as advice based on 24 hours? Come on.

I live in Naklua just a few minutes stroll to the beach and very cheap to live in this area Rooms from 2,500 per month up to 5,000 all with Sat TV and free wifi included. Markets near by and a Tesco lotus is just a 7 minute stroll from my front door.( Big C is about a 15 minute stroll ) Bus Station and Train station close by!

Cha am also is worth a look as nice beaches and less farang about ! also cheap accommodation is available ( in most Thai areas you can always find rooms from around 2,500 baht per month and no need to pay more than 5,000 for something nice!

also in this area Hua Hin / Cha am is connected to Bangkok with a daily train ( ordinary train for just 44 baht ) and rather pleasant may i add viewers.....

Farang Jaidee ( your very own lovable Thai Visa friend ) wub.png

Listen to this guy, he knows his way around.

• Like 1