Charlie Hebdo publishing prophet cartoon on new cover

webfact

These guys are heroes

Being able to forgive such barbarism shows a lot of love respect and hope in the human race.

And if they are able to forgive SO SHOULD WE

I guess you misunderstood

they don't mean they forgive the killers

the prophet says he forgives the newspaper for printing his pictures

• Like 2

Suradit69

Of course the terrorists and nut jobs who staged the bombing and hostage-taking are 100% to blame for what they did, but if those who are publishing these cartoons (and let's face it, lampooning Mohammed is hardly a noble cause) know that innocent people are being put at risk, maybe exercising some restraint would be worth considering. Terrorists don't care about collateral damage, but maybe people who think themselves to be the "good guys" ought to care.

I agree.

Big publicity for a high price - Increased from 60k to1 million-copy print. Well done!

Edited by skiller
  • Like 1

Glad to see at least one OP posted the Charlie Hebdo cover--and that the management didn't wuss out and delete it! (Want to see what they're riled about, enter Charlie Hebdo into Google Images.)

Religions are terrific for making people feel better about themselves and doing good works for others. But their practitioners overwhelmingly take themselves too seriously. Hence, such "crimes" as blasphemy, heresy, apostasy.

This politically-correct business means too many people on the burn ward, so afraid of offending someone, they can't make a joke, speak the truth or give a straight answer. (Yes, examples of religion are also women, gays, the rich, & fatsos.) To many sacred cows--and scared sheeple!

Nevertheless, satire must be equally applied. All religions should be fair game. IMO, even the Holocaust and other genocides, 911 (what happened to their frequent flyer miles?), mass murders, and unspeakable horrors should be fair game for satire.

However, all religious prophets teach self-restraint and nonviolence, including the lineage of the Abrahamic prophets including Mohammed. May peace be upon him and on the rest of the peoples America is bombing out of existence.

Like all religions, Islam has been irrevocably corrupted by greedy, craven leaders preying upon the poor and gullible. Mao was right but politics is no better...

I can not believe some of the posts here! Essentially they are saying

" If we censor ourselves - maybe they will not kill us"?

" 16 people dead, but by publishing another worthless piece of paper France courageously gives a middle finger to killers"!

Some have managed to work out the increased circulation of the magazine due to the deaths 60K to 1M. Business is good!

Some photos show heads of EU States demonstrating 'unity' with France - yet each of the faces has contributed to Islamization of Europe! They march, but the dead ones can not.

Am I supposed to believe that because 4 M of French go on marching and 3 terrorists were killed by Police this will never happen again? Please, humor me not!

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 2

I believe in freedom of speech, but I'm not going to walk up to a MMA champ, especially one already pissed off, and say, Your mom sure %$*@ me good last night.

The editor is known to have said "I would rather die standing on my feet then kneeling." This is courage, not stupidity. This is conviction, not ignorance. A great many people identify with this conviction.

Dying foe ideas, how ridiculous and selfish it is !

I believe in freedom of speech, but I'm not going to walk up to a MMA champ, especially one already pissed off, and say, Your mom sure %$*@ me good last night.

The editor is known to have said "I would rather die standing on my feet then kneeling." This is courage, not stupidity. This is conviction, not ignorance. A great many people identify with this conviction.

Dying foe ideas, how ridiculous and selfish it is !

Looks to me that you are in no danger!

Probably never had an idea worth dying for.

Pity, because lots of people from Thailand, USA and UK - did.

All you had left is to take a name thailandusauk ???

• Like 1

B7LgcHxIYAAforh.png

Well done, I had Mohammad as my avatar for a couple of years after the Danish cartoon incident , ironically I had never taken that much of an interest in Islam until that point.

It would be nice if much of the press had the intestinal fortitude to publish this cartoon, but sadly I doubt it.

Edited by Steely Dan

Suradit69

Of course the terrorists and nut jobs who staged the bombing and hostage-taking are 100% to blame for what they did, but if those who are publishing these cartoons (and let's face it, lampooning Mohammed is hardly a noble cause) know that innocent people are being put at risk, maybe exercising some restraint would be worth considering. Terrorists don't care about collateral damage, but maybe people who think themselves to be the "good guys" ought to care.

I agree.

Big publicity for a high price - Increased from 60k to1 million-copy print. Well done!

Why not? The price has been paid in advance anyway

• Like 1

Freedom of speech, unless you criticise Jews.

In 2009, Charlie Hebdo Fired Cartoonist For Anti-Semitic Cartoon

They always publish cartoons about anybody, so are you sure ?

i posted the details but they were deleted,(its everywhere!) look up Maurice Sinet, known as Sine