Bangkok: Porsche-Ferrari 'racing' ends in crashes

webfact

''He admitted that he was driving at "a very high speed," but insisted that crash took place because another car stopped in front him suddenly, forcing him swerve and crash into the Toyota.''

passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zCdgc ''Not my fault! Was the nasty man driving slowly.''

Maybe next time, don't race another supercar on a public highway. There is a great doc on youtube about spoilt Thai kids and their Ferraris.

• Like 1

That's a Ferrari 360, and certainly not a Spider (which is a convertible/cabriolet). He may have paid 10 Mil for it couple of years ago, but you can get one for 5-6M these days and even a Spider is less than 10M.

Edit: I posted straight from page1, so I just saw Gerry (Je suis aussi 1011) beat me to it [with pictures]. If the stripes on it are original then it is a Stradale and maybe [was] worth close to 10 Million.

You can't get a 360 for 5-6 mil, its still closer to 8-10 mil.

Sure you can. thumbsup.gif I've been offered several at above prices at Ferma (Empire Motor Sports) and those are the prices they've recently changed hands at. (I may upgrade in the far distant future once the prices level out, but I'll take another Maserati over Ferrari any day). I check Thai second hand car sites from time to time and at the 'tent' asking prices the same [high-end] cars stay for sale months and years.

Is Ferma still the same owner as Cavallino? Since Cavallino is the official dealer now since around 2 years ago. 5-6 mill is quite a good price for a 360, surprise the price dropped so much these years. The 8-10 being sold online has indeed stayed there for months and years. For the price of 360, it is quite tempting, but I would probably opt for even older models which are around 3-4 mil and at the bottom of the depreciation.

Not sure if you are into porsches, the old model porsche prices have jump quite a bit these couple of years.

Ferma lost the Ferrari dealership to Cavallino, but their Maserati sales are doing OK.

Since you made me check again, there's even a 360 Spyder for sale at 5 Million (!). There may be (will be?) something wrong with it, but as long as it hasn't been crashed and has a clean title, who cares? Grab it and sort it out. You'll pay for supercar maintenance (A 360 you can even maintain your self, or you can order parts online and find a certified Ferrari mechanic that will sideline from his day job). There will be no further depreciating. I've [incidentally] followed the prices for last 8 years [as I use Ferma] and I don't think any older Ferrari will drop under 3M any time soon. For example 348s are 3-4M and F355s are much the same price range as the 360s [but a very different drive].

Yes, I'm into Porches too, just not 911s... A 928 for me thank you. You do BKK-CM in one go in 6 hrs like standing still and step out fresh (Ask me how do I know). If I got a contract in Thailand, I'd be looking for a 944 (951) for a track car.

What the fuzz, accidents happen.

Lucky no one was badly injured. If it was not a expensive Ferrari involved and a rich kid,

nobody would have noticed that crash. Nobody written here. wink.png

I drove at high speeds on my home countries roads - mostly highways to, in my own (Porsche) and rented sport cars,

up to Lamborghini Gallardo. Sometimes with other Sport car drivers, its thrilling.

Much more often I drove with Super Bikes and my buddies fast, everywhere. rolleyes.gif

To "mock" the young man about his body fat is than low class in my opinion. blink.png Some like to exercise and some like to eat and "exercise special", with fork and knife. tongue.png

Accidents do happen, but with this jerk at the wheel, it was an accident waiting to happen. If you watched his egotistical little videos, you can see he's too full of himself for his own good.The mere fact that it was a Ferrari or any one of a number of super cars makes the headlines, because these guys have no regard for others on the road. He joins the likes of Vorayuth (Red Bull) and Kanpitak (Moo Ham) (Mercedes) in Thailand's list of wastrels on the roads.

You say you drive at high speeds in fast cars in your home country. I am sure you are a good driver with due regard for road and traffic conditions, something that this lad was lacking hence the crash.

I am sure many readers are impressed with your driving prowess and your report here. Thank you. Meantime Best will have to make the best of it and hope his daddy isn't too long in providing him with newer wheels.

As to your comment about "mocking" him about his body size, he seems to have managed to completely mock himself in his rooftop dance routine. There are a number of words in the English language which are used to describe his ilk, and one rhymes with Testarossa. whistling.gif

• Like 2

Lucky no one was badly injured. If it was not a expensive Ferrari involved and a rich kid,

I drove at high speeds on my home countries roads - mostly highways to, in my own (Porsche) and rented sport cars,

up to Lamborghini Gallardo. Sometimes with other Sport car drivers, its thrilling.

Much more often I drove with Super Bikes and my buddies fast, everywhere. rolleyes.gif

To "mock" the young man about his body fat is than low class in my opinion. blink.png Some like to exercise and some like to eat and "exercise special", with fork and knife. tongue.png

What a ridiculous and ignorant comment. Accidents don't just happen, as most are definitely avoidable. However, having an idiot behind the wheel who 1) can't drive properly, 2) drives too fast for the conditions, 3) is careless and 4) isn't scared of law enforcement are some of the factors that contribute to accidents especially in Thailand. All 4 of these factors applied to the Ferrari driver who crashed.

You can't go around comparing Thailand to Germany. Thailand has very few roads that are designed with high speed in mind - even the few expressways are no good for speeds of much more than the speed limit of 120km/h anyway. Poor lane discipline, poorly designed bridges, the occasional paint strips that are meant to slow you down (at least slightly) all more than contribute towards drivers not being able to put the "pedal to the medal". While you can drive at almost any speed you want safely on Germany's autobahns, no Thai road allows you to practice the same. Although law enforcement on Thai roads is almost non-existent, that's not an excuse for driving any which way you want, it simply means you have to take responsibility for your own actions and if the sh** hits the fan, don't expect anyone to help you bar an emergency vehicle, that may or may not get your sorry a** to a hospital in time.

I hope I don't have to encounter you on any Thai roads.

• Like 1

He certainly can shake the titties when he dances.

God that guy is ugly. Horrible flabby belly. Thanks for ruining my lunch with that awful video.

What a ridiculous and ignorant comment. Accidents don't just happen, as most are definitely avoidable. However, having an idiot behind the wheel who 1) can't drive properly, 2) drives too fast for the conditions, 3) is careless and 4) isn't scared of law enforcement are some of the factors that contribute to accidents especially in Thailand. All 4 of these factors applied to the Ferrari driver who crashed.

You can't go around comparing Thailand to Germany. Thailand has very few roads that are designed with high speed in mind - even the few expressways are no good for speeds of much more than the speed limit of 120km/h anyway. Poor lane discipline, poorly designed bridges, the occasional paint strips that are meant to slow you down (at least slightly) all more than contribute towards drivers not being able to put the "pedal to the medal". While you can drive at almost any speed you want safely on Germany's autobahns, no Thai road allows you to practice the same. Although law enforcement on Thai roads is almost non-existent, that's not an excuse for driving any which way you want, it simply means you have to take responsibility for your own actions and if the sh** hits the fan, don't expect anyone to help you bar an emergency vehicle, that may or may not get your sorry a** to a hospital in time.

There are now not many unrestricted roads in Germany, most are 130 kph.

I used to drive a lot on the autobarns and altho there are not that many accidents there. When they happen they are quite spectacular.

If your are driving at 200-250kph in the outside lane you wont notice the lorry pulling out from the inside lane who is doing 90kph, or in turn the car that is doing 130kph pulling from the 2 lane into the 3rd lane. But the rest of the traffic will hear the tyres screeching and the sound of smashing metal and glass as you ram him up the rectum. And they wont have much sympathy for you for causing a 30 to 40 kilometer traffic jam.

Mind you, you would be dead, so wouldn't have much reason to care what others think.

• Like 1

You are welcome, I am sorry that your luncheon was ruined, you did, after all, have the option of moving on, but curiosity beat you. Enjoy your supper later. By the way do you think he has a cute wife?

To show off about driving fast on public highways and not giving two hoots about other road users shows far less class than what anybody else has said on here.

You are the sort of person we would say, "Well at least he didn't take anyone else with him" hoping of course you don't.

-berybert-

You will not really believe, all the fast Sport cars, 300 - 500+HP and

Super Sport Motorbikes up to 135 - 200 HP bought in EU and USA ect are all driven always by the strict road rules regarding -speed limits-.

If you think so, you have never been in these circles. rolleyes.gif

BUT, I would dare I think, to drive same -Mr.Y- wrote here upstairs,

to Chiang Mai from Bangkok (700 km) in 6 hours,

with the open to, to many traffic, roads here.

But, I drove once, Paris - Vienna in 1983 (1.450 km) in under 9 hours.

More times, 25-30 years ago Eisenstadt - Salzburg (Circuit of Salzburg) 360 km in 2 hours and

Sometimes, 15-20 years ago Eisenstadt - Zeltweg (A1 F1 Circuit) 180 km in one hour by Motorbike.

frech1.gif

Accidents happen, or not?

Whatever reason. Many every day on Thai roads and only some come than to be written about into THAI VISA.

If no Ferrari, no thread, or I wrong?

Regarding "I hope I don't have to encounter you on any Thai roads."

When you around in Udon Thani province, it could happen, but I drive only a small car

and I am older now and its even possible to overtake me today,

without I shifting a gear down afterwards to follow the other car. wink.png

Accidents happen, or not?

Whatever reason. Many every day on Thai roads and only some come than to be written about into THAI VISA.

If no Ferrari, no thread, or I wrong?

Regarding "I hope I don't have to encounter you on any Thai roads."

When you around in Udon Thani province, it could happen, but I drive only a small car

and I am older now and its even possible to overtake me today,

without I shifting a gear down afterwards to follow the other car. wink.png

I am sorry Alfredo, but I don't think you get it.The accidents that happen involving expensive, fast and powerful sports cars are newsworthy not because of the make of the car so much as the fact that 99% of the time they are driven by the scions of wealthy families with more money than sense, and without any formal driver training.

I am not talking about young Somchai in his souped up Vios or Nissan Cefiro, they also crash and burn but what makes the news is when a sports car costing upwards of B15 million is wrecked on a Bangkok road by an Rsole who dreams he is Michael Schumacher. The Tifosi on this forum know how powerful and touchy some of these super cars can be and maybe they can comment on whether 500HP in the hands of an idiot is acceptable.

And no, I am not jealous or envious of the owners, if you got'em smoke 'em. I deplore the ease which these morons can flaunt the law and the pathetic fines and sentences (if any) they are given.

Mr Best in the previous Utube shots is a prime example of that to which I am referring. smile.png

I used to drive a lot on the autobarns and altho there are not that many accidents there. When they happen they are quite spectacular.

If your are driving at 200-250kph in the outside lane you wont notice the lorry pulling out from the inside lane who is doing 90kph, or in turn the car that is doing 130kph pulling from the 2 lane into the 3rd lane. But the rest of the traffic will hear the tyres screeching and the sound of smashing metal and glass as you ram him up the rectum. And they wont have much sympathy for you for causing a 30 to 40 kilometer traffic jam.

Mind you, you would be dead, so wouldn't have much reason to care what others think.

I drove very seldom in Germany, also stick most times to 200 km/h if traffic allowed that in my home country on our Autobahn High ways, drove Porsche from 1982 - 2010 and had no crash from speeding.

In all the time, had only one accident.

Steered the car once in a Guardrail, with low speed, to avoid the cars who had stopped on a icy bridge on a High Way.

I've driven in Germany a few times and yes have noticed the 130km/h signs although that being said even those zones are not strictly enforced unlike urban roads. Either way, German roads are smooth as silk and you don't have drivers hogging the fast lane at 40km/h below the speed limit like in Thailand.