how do you get a 2 week work permit to teach a workshop in thailand.

Hi, I am wondering if i could get the two week permit to be able to come to thailand to teach a rare artist skill at 2 week workshops. Is this permit something i should be looking into, the same one a travelling musician might get. I have a thai farm guest-house type thing willing to sign some papers if that helps, the same property i might do the workshops at if this works out.

Any ideas where to start. I just basically want to come to thailand and run an 8 day workshop once a year.

Thanks

You need a Thai registered company to apply for it at the Labor Ministry work permit office in the province where you will be doing the workshop by filing a WP10 form.

WP10 download: http://wp.doe.go.th/wp/images/form/Form_tt10.pdf

Thank you very much ! Do you know if it has to be two weeks, is it possible to get a 3 month or even a year visa to do this, this is not something that competes with any thais, it's a specialized course for a very specific skill about how to make something.

Thanks !

There is no visa that would allow you to teach at a workshop only a work permit allows that.

Work permits can be issued for 3 months 6 months or one year. You would have to be working for a Thai company to get one.

A work permit for 2 weeks can be had as well

• Like 1

There is no visa that would allow you to teach at a workshop only a work permit allows that.

Work permits can be issued for 3 months 6 months or one year. You would have to be working for a Thai company to get one.

Can even be issued for 1 day, I was partly responsible for getting them issued to a band that was performing for a company event at a previous company I worked for. It was a one night event and we got them temporary work permits for it.

For the OP, a temporary work permit is fine for a one time, once yearly event but if performing multiple times per year I'd suggest a standard one year work permit as otherwise you'd find it frustrating and unnecessarily time consuming to apply for a new work permit each time you come. If it's only once a year then it's not a big deal though.

That was what my first post was about, The WP10 form is to get one.

I believe you want a permit to work - as opposed to a work permit - which allows for temporary work of up to 15 days duration.

I think your confused they are the same thing, only different is the temporary WP is not a blue book, its a letter from the DOL