any alternative to True Vision?

marino28

I download movies and tv series from the net and put on a usb stick and play on my tv, I have hundreds of hours of the latest and classic movies and series, the only cost is the internet connection, I use cable true vision also with the tv package for 1100bht per month, the tv is for the Australia plus channel and the golf channel but you do get the occasional movie that is worth watching. and other sport channels.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

^ Buzz..... Available at: Kodi>Navi-X>IPTV>Australia Plus. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/787183-australia-plus-via-xbmc/

tks very much rBKK !

so i have to download Kodi's software xbmc first eh ... will see how it goes !

XBMC has been renamed Kodi. Yes, it is a steep learning curve ( Google is your friend) , but just recently after I came across this addon: http://iclosedz.github.io/uPlayHD-xbmc-addons/ and I now have 166 channels -premium/sports/news/movies (True /CTH/GMM etc). It has been worth the effort in cost savings! RIP Truevisions.....

I can only see Thai writing on the link provided. Are the channels in English?

Purchase a decent VPN and Netflicks. You will be able to see many movies and other streaming TV shows.

Cost will be about $7 a month for the VPN and $8 per month for Netflicks.

Probably other TV service you can buy also once you have the VPN.

Before you sign up for either, be aware that NetFlix are starting to block customers who use DNS alternatives or VPN to get round Geoblocking.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

^ Buzz..... Available at: Kodi>Navi-X>IPTV>Australia Plus. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/787183-australia-plus-via-xbmc/

tks very much rBKK !

so i have to download Kodi's software xbmc first eh ... will see how it goes !

XBMC has been renamed Kodi. Yes, it is a steep learning curve ( Google is your friend) , but just recently after I came across this addon: http://iclosedz.github.io/uPlayHD-xbmc-addons/ and I now have 166 channels -premium/sports/news/movies (True /CTH/GMM etc). It has been worth the effort in cost savings! RIP Truevisions.....

I can only see Thai writing on the link provided. Are the channels in English?

Enough for me. There are series/movies/concerts and the TV channels. It seems to be well maintained. When there is a problem on a tv channel it is usually ok the next time I look. Example: 5 of the sports channels resumed yesterday (Thai/English). Picture quality- Be aware this is the Thai version of HD!

Purchase a decent VPN and Netflicks. You will be able to see many movies and other streaming TV shows.

Before you sign up for either, be aware that NetFlix are starting to block customers who use DNS alternatives or VPN to get round Geoblocking.

Still working fine with the Hola.org PTP VPN.

I think I read a headline somewhere saying that Netflix have denied they are blocking VPN users too.

Why do you need an alternative. Truevisions is great for only 50 baht a day. Has a PVR as well.

Dropping the Panda channel was the deal breaker for me. I interpreted this, maybe wrongly, as True taking me seriously when I always expected they wanted for me to bend over for their 1500THB++ / month.

Why do you need an alternative. Truevisions is great for only 50 baht a day. Has a PVR as well.

For 17 baht per day I have the choice of a lot more channels than True provide. after the first year of ownership is complete the cost per day is then zero.

Edited by Don Mega

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you find that information Chicog?

Do you have a link to confirm?

Good evening Marino28,

We provide alternative streaming solution. Amazon Fire TV with XBMC preloaded. You will be able to

• Subscribe to all your favorite subscriptions and streaming services, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus
  • Stream all free contents on the internet via XBMC
  • Play Games from Amazon App Store
  • Access to your Amazon Cloud contents on your TV

Our XBMC is preloaded with TV ADDONS. Meaning that XBMC is fully loaded with most popular channels for Movies, TV Shows and Live TV. You can start to use XBMC right away without having to learn how to add add-ons and channels.

You will need VPN or Smart DNS services to play most subscription contents as they do geolocation check. You can find comparison table for these services at smartdnsservice.net and vpn.directory.

It is true that Netflix and Hulu Plus start to blocks IPs of known VPN and Smart DNS. However, many of these providers usually get their service back within a few hours. They continue to amaze us.

In general Smart DNS is much faster. However, be aware that some ISPs in Thailand began to implement “DNS Hijacking” which would cease Smart DNS to work. Most DNS/VPN providers have 7 days free trial, so you can test it out whether it works with your ISP.

Everyone have different priority and preference. If you search more on the forum, you will see that there are many other alternatives as well. Just to name a few;

skysports.com, setanta/asia, iLikeHD, Thai Expat TV, UstreamSports, CircFree, VIP League

If you watch Movies and TV shows from PC or Laptop, you also might want to check out, Hola, Popcorn time and MoiveTube.

We recommend that you browse around to find your best fit. If you think it is us. We are always here to help biggrin.png

For more information about our Amazon Fire TV. Visit us at http://streamtopia.weebly.com/