Menu's disapeared on Android

chiangrai

Hi,

I got a Lenova 7 inch tablet with Android 4.1.2 a while back.

I installed the app "Computer" on it.It's a file explorer that looks like windows file explorer.

I ocasionly need to transfer files (video or audio) from my removable disk to the tablets own memory.

I did this by pressing on the file and then a menu woild apear which would let me copy an paste.

Then I lent it to me missus and when it came back there were no menus when I pressed on a file,instead the file was opened with some video player.

Does anybody know how I can get my menus back or some way to transfer files from the removable disk to the

built in memory of the tablet

I'd help you with this except something must have happened with one of the recent updates because Computer has stopped working for me. Tried the usual fixes like uninstalling but no go. I've since switched to File Commander https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobisystems.fileman&hl=en which is a free app for Sony but works with other brands. Give it a try. I've got the paid version but the free one will do what you want using Jelly Bean (but not necessarily on Kit Kat), just tested it on my phone.

Edited by kkerry

As usual you haven't given enough information to assist you.

1. There are a lot of file explorer apps for Android. Which one? Provide a link to Google Play Store. You can go to Google Play Store from your PC or Android, and get it from my installed apps.
  2. There are also a lot of Player apps. Which one is opening the app? You might trying to go to the Application Manager under Settings and press Clear defaults for the application that's opening.
Edited by BB1950

Hi BB,

QUOTE------"I got a Lenova 7 inch tablet with Android 4.1.2 a while back.

I installed the app "Computer" on it."

Thanks Kkerry,the problem was with "Computer",I tried ES Files as it came with the tablet and the problem

was solved.

Don't know if File comander is any better.

Anyway,problem solved in one post,ain't bad.

• Like 1

Sounds like the default intents have been set ..

Not sure about your device but pretty much standard on Android .

Settings > Applications > Manage applications

find your application that you chose as your default app for that intent, click Clear defaults

Find "some video player." - locate this video player in applications and clear defaults...

Edited by MrTee