Don't Vote For 'Previous Politicians,' Prayuth Advises Nation

Lite Beer

Don't Vote For 'Previous Politicians,' Prayuth Advises Nation

By Khaosod Eng.

14214039221421404015l.jpg

BANGKOK — Thailand's unelected military ruler has asked the public to think of what is best for the nation when they vote, instead of relying on their "familiarity" with the candidates running in an election.

"One needs to know many things in order to run a country. I haven't studied about it, but I had to learn about it," said Prime Minister and junta chairman Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, a career soldier who seized power from Thailand's elected government on 22 May 2014. "Therefore, whoever will run the country next has to know more than I do. Don't just elect the same group of politicians you have elected in the past."

He continued, "Don't elect the relatives of the previous group. Don't just elect the people you know. Today we have to make politicians display their vision on how they will run the country."

Gen. Prayuth, who was speaking to teachers at the Ministry of Education on the occasion of National Teacher's Day, did not mention any politicians by name, but appeared to referencing the political dynasty of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Although Thaksin was removed in a coup in 2006 and has lived in self-imposed exile since 2008, political parties backed by the former PM have won every national election since his ouster.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1421403922

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-16

• Like 1

And speaking of thaksin.

Pity he can't man up and come home to face the consequences of his criminality.

Oh yes convicted of a conflict of interest involving his mrs buying a bit of land and given 2 years, something you could probably stitch them all up with. Samak got similar for having a cookery program on TV. Leading a military coup and grabbing power unelected is obviously far less serious!

He was convicted and therefore should go to gaol.

Tell me where I said anything in favour of the things you go on about in your final 2 sentences.

Mind, if you hadn't edited my post you wouldn't need to, would you?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

And speaking of thaksin.

Pity he can't man up and come home to face the consequences of his criminality.

Oh yes convicted of a conflict of interest involving his mrs buying a bit of land and given 2 years, something you could probably stitch them all up with. Samak got similar for having a cookery program on TV. Leading a military coup and grabbing power unelected is obviously far less serious!

And one of America's major crim's (al Capone) was convicted for tax evasion, wasn't he - so do you see any difference?