Changing carriers, can I port my number as well?

Kiniyeow

The process is fairly simple and is referred to as MNP (Mobile Number Portability?)

One caveat, though: Before you go to True to fill in the paper work, go to an AIS shop and make sure they have your current passport information and address entered for your account. When True processes the MNP application they check to make sure the information you submit on the form matches what AIS has in their computer system. If it doesn't match exactly, it can (probably will) be rejected.

When I MNP'd from DTAC to True a few years ago, they advised me it would take up to three days and that I'd know it was being done once I lost the ability to connect with the DTAC SIM in my phone. At that point I replaced the DTAC SIM with the True SIM and waited. I think it was less than 12 hours later I was up and running on the TrueMove system.

we are in BETWEEN the mobile number portability from AIS to True, now this is the 8th day still with mess :-(

allow ONE WEEK before the end of the billing cycle of your current carrier. settle every baht in CASH in the current carrier, EVEN the bill is direct debit to the bank.

just a coincident we terminated AIS 3 days before the end of the billing cycle. True helped the MNP and we immediately informed AIS next door. AIS staff said no payment since the bill is direct debit to bank. apparently it is NOT THE CASE !

the MNP paused due to outstanding balance. we returned to the AIS with cash, but that was the last bill day. we ended up paying this month EXTRA.

MNP switch-over only on weekday. this morning True SMS start service, but AIS SMS switch-over failed.