Reliable taxi - BKK - Hua Hin and return

Mister Fixit

Hi

Two of my children (in their '30s) are coming out to Thailand next week and we all want to go down to Hua Hin for a few days.

However, rather than fight through the scrum for a van at Century Mall at Victory Monument, I thought it be better to take a taxi down to HH. I have had one quote from a guy in BKK for 2,500 baht including toll-way fees, but does anyone know if this is a reasonable price or not? If any reader knows of a better price please let me know, thanks.

Further, I need a reliable taxi back because my kids have to catch a flight at 20.30 at Don Mueang to CM when we return, so need to be at my house in Nonthaburi by say 4.00 pm so they can clean up, change things around in bags, have a bite to eat etc. I know it can take up to 3 hours to get back from HH on a Sunday afternoon, so any driver needs to be on the ball.

If anyone can recommend a good service either way, I'd love any numbers and names etc. We'll be leaving from Ngam Wong Wan, Nonthaburi and returning there too.

All sensible comments gratefully accepted. Ta.

The quote of 2500 baht for I assume 4 people is a pretty good quote considering it's going to take around 4 hours (traffic jams etc. in Bkk) So it's a fairly new car and the driver seems ok - go for it...your only going to save max 200-300 baht by shopping around why waste your time ....Go enjoy your holiday!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Toyota Camry from Don Mueang to HH at 2100B for this Friday 30 January with thaicalltaxi. You will need to wait 72h though for me to report back on the quality of the service.

I will not sit in a real Bangkok taxi, falling apart and gas tank as trunk.

Edited by tartempion