Lens fixing and cleaning?

AleG

My cameras and lenses have gone through many rough environments in the last couple years, from sea trips, volcanic fumes, freezing and lots of dust and dirt.

I was thinking of taking the cameras to the Canon service center, but since I have a mix of Cannon and Sigma lenses, maybe it would be more convenient to take them to a single service center that would accept both brands.

Besides cleaning one of the lenses, a Sigma 17-70 seems to have something loose, it feels like some element of the image stabilization system jumps when zooming around a certain focal length.

So, time for a proper clean up, are there any recommended shops in Bangkok for that and what prices should I be expecting for two cameras and five lenses?

Definitely worth it Alex. I had a dodgy Assembled in Vietnam Pentax-FA 31mm Ltd. Awful PF off the thing, soft, ghastly and not worth £1200!!!

Sent it to Asahi Photo in London, stripped, cleaned and rebuilt with a few new parts and for £85 . . . you know what it's not bad. In fact it's great now.