Bone tumor near the big toe - orthopedist recommendation

balo

Its been a few days now since I felt pain near my big toe , it looks like a tumor growing in size. It's not big, and you can hardly notice it. But it's a bit red and I can't walk around in my crocks anymore without feeling the pain.

Someone suggesting it's a condition called Hallux Limitus , but I am a bit worried about this now.

Can anyone recommend a good orthopedist in the Pattaya area or in Bangkok.

Thanks,

If it looks like that picture then it is probably what is commonly called a bunion

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bunions/basics/definition/con-20014535

Suggest you consult this podiatrist to be sure: Dr. Cherdpong Hansasuta, Bangok Hospital in Bangkok

If it is a bunion, usually responds to conservative management (anti-inflammatories, better shoes etc - see the Mayo Clinic link) but occasionally surgery is required.

• Like 1

Thanks , good to hear its not a tumour. Any recommendations for a podiatrist in Pattaya or Chonburi ? I live here so it would save me some time.

Edited by balo

There is a foot clinic in Patts but just for orthotics. I think you'd have to go to Bkk for podiatrist. There are hardly any in the country (perhaps due to the foot stigma).

But gout, which is certainly also a possibility, can be diagnosed & treated in Pattaya. . Try DR. SUKIT CHITRABAMRUNG at Pattaya Intl. Hosp

http://www.pih-inter.com/find-doctor.html

If he decides not gout then best go to Bkk to see Podiatrist but if it is gout then saves you the trip.

• Like 1