outlook 2013 pst-file recovery, lost sent-emails

mausbiber

Hi all

I changed system from WinXP to WIN7.

Before I copied the encrypted PST-File to another HD and back again after new installation of Outlook .

Outlook didn't recognize the PST-File. I used scanpst.exe and then pstpassword.exe to get access to a password.

Now I can open the PST-file with Outlook. But it seems many of the emails have disappeared.

For the received emails it is not a big problem, because I use a gmail-account as backup.

But I don't have copies of the sent emails. In the PST-file there is no more any sent-folder. In a lost&found-folder the scanpst-program has stored some sent-emails but only up to about August 2013. All other emails I have sent after August until end of 2014 I cannot find.

I tried also some "professional" tools (stellar phönix and scanpst-exe). The result was only marginal better, offering recovery of about 50 items more - and no one from the missing sent-emails.

I know Google shows me a lot of recovery-tools. But I don't want to download all of them without a chance the program is better working then scanpst from Microsoft.

Does anybody has good experience with the recovery of a PST-file, especially where the scanpst.exe could not deliver all of the sent-emails?

If yes which tool did you use?

Thanks a lot for all helpful answers.

• 4 weeks later...