New Mobile

The Dan Sai Kid

I'm thinking of getting a new phone soon. I would like a camera that takes decent photos. Maybe 3 million megapixels? Although not as important - I would like one that I can play MP3s on - but I already have an ipod - so it's not vital.

I'm not bothered about 3g or gprs. I would like one that looks good - I don't like some of the larger Nokias.

My budget is around 10,000 baht - can anyone think about something suitable?

Thanks very much!!

I'm thinking of getting a new phone soon. I would like a camera that takes decent photos. Maybe 3 million megapixels? Although not as important - I would like one that I can play MP3s on - but I already have an ipod - so it's not vital.

I'm not bothered about 3g or gprs. I would like one that looks good - I don't like some of the larger Nokias.

Thanks very much!!

Hmm the se K750 has less than 3millon MP (about 2 Million) but it is one of the best cameras going!

Good luck!

I'll give another vote for the K750.

As mentioned you can get it now for about 10,000 baht.

The camera is 2mp but the quality is very very good, although it's not a replacement for a real digicam it is certainly good enough for snapshots. See the attachments.

The mp3 player is also good. Sound quality is very impressive. You would need to buy an extra memory card as the one supplied is only 64 MB. I picked up a 2GB card on ebay for about 2000 baht.

I've had mine for about 6 months and am very happy with it.

post-11675-1155846202_thumb.jpgpost-11675-1155846277_thumb.jpg

I have a Samsung D820. I love it.

Camera 1.3 MP and quite good.

MP4 video recorder/player w sound

MP3 player and has card slot for a 1G card.

Also very slim so it can be in your pocket without much bulk.

Very attractive slider design.

Outstanding display.

Got it for 12,700 at Fortune.

Thanks very much!!

3 million megapixels,, thats a mighty good camera.... :o

If the camera wasnt such a big deal I can recommend a nice phone, Motorola SLVR. Not sure about the price though.

Edited by Alreadyinuse

My old Seimens clam shell was having problems so I just bought a Samsung SGH E370. The camera is only 1.3 megapixel but the pictures are quite good. It has a lot of bells and whistles and is a slider design. I paid 8,900 baht for it in Carrefour.

Unfortunately I no longer have the Samsung. My wife took a particular shine to it so I am now using her old 6230 Nokia. I had to charge the Siemens battery every other day so the MUCH longer battery life for the Samsung was welcome. Fortunately the Nokia has a pretty good battery life too. I really like the clam shell phones but they seem to develop problems sooner than the conventional phones. Time will tell if the Samsung slider design holds up.

Under no circumstances purchase the very attractive looking NOKIA 6111.

I bought one and within one week it had become faulty. I had a right palaver changing it.

I just thought that I was unlucky. Then I did some research on the internet; and there are actual forums devoted to the unreliability of the NOKIA 6111.

I visited a NOKIA shop in Pattaya, and the staff even told me, they choose not to stock it now, because of their reputation.

caveat emptor!

My old Seimens clam shell was having problems so I just bought a Samsung SGH E370. The camera is only 1.3 megapixel but the pictures are quite good. It has a lot of bells and whistles and is a slider design. I paid 8,900 baht for it in Carrefour.

Unfortunately I no longer have the Samsung. My wife took a particular shine to it so I am now using her old 6230 Nokia. I had to charge the Siemens battery every other day so the MUCH longer battery life for the Samsung was welcome. Fortunately the Nokia has a pretty good battery life too. I really like the clam shell phones but they seem to develop problems sooner than the conventional phones. Time will tell if the Samsung slider design holds up.

I used to have a Siemens sl65 - it was a very noce looking phone - but not the most practical. The battery would get wiped out by a 20 minute conversation. I had to send it back to get the software updated as it switch off at random intervals. I would never buy a Siemens again.