best company to fly to Japan

jed2002

Hey guys,

Am planning a trip to Japan soon, and would like your advise which company is the best to go there?

Am hesitating between Japan Airlines and Thaï airways, but both are quite expensive 25k.

Does anyone have tried other company?

Thanks for your feedback

Just checked AirAsia. No nonstops to Japan. All connecting via Kuala Lumpur. Quite a lengthy trip.

Nonstop on the route to Tokyo there are TG, JAL, ANA, Delta, "Jet Asia" (?).

Jet Asia: Thai low cost carrier with age old planes that should have found their way to the scrap yard or the museum (24 to 32 years old).

No way for me.

Edited by KhunBENQ

@OP:

Thai Airways or Japan Airlines ? --->>> the answer is ANA (All Nippon Airways)

if you like to save money, nothing speaks against using Thai Air Asia X as they fly non-stop too, plus you can book your trip in two different one-way-itinieraries if needed

Thanks for all your replies.

I am not on budget, just would like to avoid air asia, I am not afraid of the crash, i didn't use them even before it happen.

What about delta? I saw a pretty good deal offer, but never flew with them, is it ok ?

otherwise my choise will go between Thai airways or JAL, i would like a direct flight

I am not on budget, just would like to avoid air asia, I am not afraid of the crash, i didn't use them even before it happen.

What about delta? I saw a pretty good deal offer, but never flew with them, is it ok ?

otherwise my choise will go between Thai airways or JAL, i would like a direct flight

Delta is crap, period.

And I would not advise flying a US carrier to Tokyo. Plane will be flying on to the US. As such there are extreme security measures taken. Similar or worse when actually flying to the US. I once flew a US carrier from KUL to Tokyo. Took me two hours of interviews and background checks at the airport with a US official. I almost missed the flight.

@OP:

Thai Airways or Japan Airlines ? --->>> the answer is ANA (All Nippon Airways)

if you like to save money, nothing speaks against using Thai Air Asia X as they fly non-stop too, plus you can book your trip in two different one-way-itinieraries if needed

BKK-NRT on ANA might be okay if you're a midget, leg room is terrible.

I used t fly United BKK-LAX several times a year, but had to give it up when they dropped the BKK-NRT leg and forced me on ANA.

ANA staff & service is okay, but legroom is a nightmare.

• Like 1

there are alternatives if you wish to make a second stop going to Japan from Bangkok other than ANA, Jal, Delta, UA/Thai.

Asiana - Seoul- Narita ( Asiana has good service)

Korean Airlines - Seoul - Narita

China Airlines - Taipei - Narita

Ewa Airlines - Taipei - Narita

Delta is crap, period.

And I would not advise flying a US carrier to Tokyo. Plane will be flying on to the US. As such there are extreme security measures taken. Similar or worse when actually flying to the US. I once flew a US carrier from KUL to Tokyo. Took me two hours of interviews and background checks at the airport with a US official. I almost missed the flight.

I've flown pretty much every carrier on the BKK to Tokyo route. A few times we had a secondary search done before entering the gate area when flying with a US carrier, but only a few times. Never took more then 5 minutes. Not much worse than what happens when you land in Tokyo and have to go through screening again. Where they are very thorough.

Worst experience for me was ANA. Treated us very poorly at the check in counter. Somehow, a change was made to our schedule and even the customer service agent at the desk down the isle didn't want to help us out. Very frustrating. Got it resolved at their desk in Tokyo and was given a discount for our next flight as an apology. Which we never used.

As for planes, unless you're flying biz or first class, it's all "cattle" class to me. Though some carriers do have some older planes in stock.

ANA is maybe the best in the sky. You can get Star Alliance miles with them, also.

How tall are you?

very.....none of them give you much legroom in economy. Look at the www.skytrax.com ratings I believe ANA recently got 5/5, where as UAL get 3/5 on its best day. I don't thin ANA tries to extort you for the extra 4 inches like UAL does; so economy is just economy. Also, the Asian airlines will save the front rows for women with babies, and often there aren't any and will give you one of those seats. If only they were as good as the GreenBus, lol.

ANA is maybe the best in the sky. You can get Star Alliance miles with them, also.

How tall are you?

very.....none of them give you much legroom in economy. Look at the www.skytrax.com ratings I believe ANA recently got 5/5, where as UAL get 3/5 on its best day. I don't thin ANA tries to extort you for the extra 4 inches like UAL does; so economy is just economy. Also, the Asian airlines will save the front rows for women with babies, and often there aren't any and will give you one of those seats. If only they were as good as the GreenBus, lol.

If you're Star Alliance gold, you get premium economy for yourself and a guest free on UA. Even regular economy in UA has better leg room than ANA.

How tall is real tall, 170cm?

Average..for an NFL player. I'm on my 9th round trip and have only paid for 3, and two of those were under 900 USD. 50 bucks an hour to sit in coach...I just make sure the drinks are free and perhaps a pill or two. The "less senior" flight attendants are usually back there, too.