History On Thaivisa?

thaibebop

Should Thaivisa have a Thai history section?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm with jdinasia on this one. The history of any country is controversial, and can lead to heated debates (read flaming and trolling!). To debate the history of a country who's government is a little sensitive as to what it's general population can see would turn the mods grey overnight.

As interesting as the threads would be bops, I think it would jeopardise all the other threads. It needs to be done on a forum outside of the LOS and the length of time that members located in Thailand would be able to contribute is a finite thing.

Great idea, but too risky.

I agree with this .

sadly i have to agree with this too... it "would", in no doubt, end in tears

I think the issue isnt' so much hinting at inaccuracies but discussing topics that are taboo. There are some very strict laws in this country and I think alot of us expats living in Thailand would be quite unhappy if TV got blocked because of some trouble making posters.

And believe me, there are enough ones out there.

Still, I'm a history buff, think its a great idea, I'm just not sure if TV open forum is the place for this idea.

Would this idea work like the Bedlam forum?

I'm with jdinasia on this one. The history of any country is controversial, and can lead to heated debates (read flaming and trolling!). To debate the history of a country who's government is a little sensitive as to what it's general population can see would turn the mods grey overnight.

As interesting as the threads would be bops, I think it would jeopardise all the other threads. It needs to be done on a forum outside of the LOS and the length of time that members located in Thailand would be able to contribute is a finite thing.

Great idea, but too risky.

I agree with this .

Would love too see something along these lines. But I think it would only be possible on a closed forum, based outside of Thailand. If the discussions were to be truly open then it would never remain long in an open forum, and if it is limited based upon the issues one has to deal with when discussing Thai history/issues in Thailand then it has little real value.