Pattaya guard beats foreign tourist unconscious 'out of misunderstanding'

webfact

"Interesting" and completely different version of the story on the FB page of Honey Bar.

A little "different" from what was described as witnesses statements.

So now pick your choice wink.png

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=787847624613642&id=166996206698790

Re: News Report Honey Bar Drunken Customer.

This incident has been grossly misreported in the media. I was in the bar when it happened.

The American guy was drunk and refused to pay his bar bill.

He became very abusive at the girls and cashier, using threatening gestures and extreme swear words at them.

The cashier called the security guard in the bar complex for assistance.

Totally unprovoked, the guy swung a punch at the security guard who was knocked off his feet.

Motorcycle taxi drivers from the local stand witnessed the totally unprovoked attack and immediately went to his assistance.

After receiving first-aid, the guy walked away from the bar complex.

Police later impounded his motorcycle and took copies of his unpaid bar bill.

The guy did not offer or pay any of his bar bill. No customers left the bar afterwards in protest.

The security guard gave a statement to the police and was not charged with any offence.

Indeed! The version by the owner of the Honey Bar is very different to the version of the witness, who was just there for having a drink during his vacation. coffee1.gif

When I drink in a bar here I pay for my drinks as I order them.

Running up a bar tab here can lead to problems as many of

these bars are struggling to earn a living and will try and add

the odd drink to the bill,I have been here many years and seen

numerous tourists get into grief with locals here on Samui

over bar bills ,taxi fares etc ,these locals will attack mob handed

and tooled up if the odds are heavily stacked in there favour.

pay as you go in bars and always negotiate taxi fares to avoid

possible trip to the hospital or even the morgue.

Bingo... Hold all calls, we have a winner...

I've been doing this for decades and have never had this problem...

• Like 1

I know the Honey Bar; German owned, I believe; and the complex it is in. It's next to a bar I regularly drink at. A bar bill of 1300 Baht equates to about 20 beers and I know the Honey Bar does a "drink 9, get one free deal", so the guy has probably had more than 20 beers. I'd be unconscious with that amount of beer in me. I know that security on the complex only use violence as a last resort and the security guys I've met there are polite and courteous. I don't know the details of this "story", so I'll leave it at that, but I find it very hard to believe. Still, it's a good opportunity for some Thai bashing and for some on here that's all that matters.

I know the Honey Bar; German owned, I believe; and the complex it is in. It's next to a bar I regularly drink at. A bar bill of 1300 Baht equates to about 20 beers and I know the Honey Bar does a "drink 9, get one free deal", so the guy has probably had more than 20 beers. I'd be unconscious with that amount of beer in me. I know that security on the complex only use violence as a last resort and the security guys I've met there are polite and courteous. I don't know the details of this "story", so I'll leave it at that, but I find it very hard to believe. Still, it's a good opportunity for some Thai bashing and for some on here that's all that matters.

so lets not consider that he bought the girls some drinks and/or was slipped a few extra bins in the tub. or even drank something other than the cheapest on offer. no - that would spoil your pathetic defense of the patently indefensible.

violence as a last resort to deal with unruly customers you say! and you know the Thai security! diamond geezers are they?

• Like 2

so lets not consider that he bought the girls some drinks and/or was slipped a few extra bins in the tub. or even drank something other than the cheapest on offer. no - that would spoil your pathetic defense of the patently indefensible.

violence as a last resort to deal with unruly customers you say! and you know the Thai security! diamond geezers are they?

Enough talk - I'm going down there tonight to find out what it actually costs for a beer or spirits, and whether they sell top shelf vodka. Rest assured that I'll have a iot more than 600 baht in my pocket, and I'll be checking my bin after each order. Common sense, right ?

And no, I dont plant to interact with champer's mates in the security detail - I'd imagine they've been told to put away the knuckle dusters for the next week or two. Will be interesting to see if there is a motosai crew nearby - mouths to feed and all that. I dont know what the going rate is for kicking Farang with no prior contract in place, but I'd imagine it doesnt buy a whole lot of whiskey.

From the bar's FB page - seems like they've spared no expense down there. Cant wait to sample this level of hospitality.

Culinary Team??? <deleted>!!!.... If you ask nicely one of the girls might go over to 7-11 and pick you up a sandwich or bag or crisps!

So now - by using sentiment analysis, coupled with correct prejudice against TV Thai bashing Neanderthals - I finally understand!

The big TV meanies, in collaboration with khaosodenglish.com, created a fictional Farang bashing story that

made the meanies feel better about themselves. They would have got away with it, but they were thwarted by a reliable,

objective, and anonymous source - who posses a social conscience. How could I have been so foolish?

does anyone else not have a clue what the above actually means!

It's just after 1am and no word from our investigative reporter, Mr Worldwide. Anybody heard from him? This is a worry. Maybe super sleuth is in hospital. Oh dear! I hope not. Maybe someone should ring Pattaya Daily News.

smile.png

I'll check again after breakfast.

Enjoy your breakfast - luckily they let me have access to a computer here in intensive care but its not easy typing with your nose. Seriously, who comes back from the bars at 1am, other than yourself and Stickman ? wink.png

Edited by MrWorldwide

"Interesting" and completely different version of the story on the FB page of Honey Bar.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=787847624613642&id=166996206698790

This incident has been grossly misreported in the media. I was in the bar when it happened.

He became very abusive at the girls and cashier, using threatening gestures and extreme swear words at them.

Totally unprovoked, the guy swung a punch at the security guard who was knocked off his feet.

Motorcycle taxi drivers from the local stand witnessed the totally unprovoked attack and immediately went to his assistance.

The guy did not offer or pay any of his bar bill. No customers left the bar afterwards in protest.

The security guard gave a statement to the police and was not charged with any offence.

I more or less knew this would turn out to be the case...don't know what all the Thai and Pattaya bashers will say now. And yes, a cigar is usually just a cigar and a drunken farang is usually an obstinate a-hole who gets away with too much and sometimes gets what's coming to him.

So you believe everything you read on Facebook...especially anonymous "witnesses." I've got a bridge for sale...interested?

• Like 1

An eyewitness reported that the mob kept kicking the head of the witness even after he lost conscience.

This is an attempted homicide. Hope they all will be held responsible.

Good luck for the victim!

I have often seen videos of that, Thais teeing off on the head of an unconscious

farang. I have said it before, and I will say it again. If you are in a fight with a bunch

of Thais, you are in a fight for your life. Meaning all bets are off regarding Queensbury

rules. So act accordingly....

• Like 1

An eyewitness reported that the mob kept kicking the head of the witness even after he lost conscience.

I have often seen videos of that, Thais teeing off on the head of an unconscious

farang. I have said it before, and I will say it again. If you are in a fight with a bunch

of Thais, you are in a fight for your life. Meaning all bets are off regarding Queensbury

So non-Thai thugs fight fair? You might need to get out more!!

The Honey bar fronts on to a main road, so kicking a customer on full display is very bad for business. I know the bar and the complex and have met security guards there. I'll keep my informed opinion and you can put your uninformed rant somewhere else.

try drinking in city bar anywhere round the world and then try to fob half the bill off.

not nice he got beat up but we only got half the story. there are some serious mouth merchants from the UK in pattay who think the world owes them a living and the locals they regard with utter disdain.

who knows he may have had it coming

Wrong, most city bar in the world I went have debit and credit card option to pay so no problem there.

It is actually good business to have debit and credit card machine in bars, people tend to use their card to drink more, like giving snacks to eat in a bar increase 15% sale of boose, so that little bag of peanuts makes the cash register ring 15% more.

Is every bar fight in the western world fair ? No. But just as a point of

thought, do you think it is more likely that a group of Thais will be kicking

you in the head here, or is it more likely that a group of Americans will be

kicking you in the head during a bar conflict there ?? Do you want to have a

Youtube video showdown on this issue ??

For all of you wearing your rosé colored glasses, something like this may someday happen to you. In Thailand it is not a question of will something bad happen it is only a question of when.

You are probably right, if you're referring to those who regularly get drunk, don't have enough money to cover their bins, can get loud and abusive and generally have a low opinion of Thais and the "service class". Otherwise you'll be fine.

Well Mate,I have always had a low opinion of Cowards .. And this country has more than it fair share.

I more or less knew this would turn out to be the case...don't know what all the Thai and Pattaya bashers will say now. And yes, a cigar is usually just a cigar and a drunken farang is usually an obstinate a-hole who gets away with too much and sometimes gets what's coming to him.

So you believe everything you read on Facebook...especially anonymous "witnesses." I've got a bridge for sale...interested?

Haha yeah that pretty benign account of what happened was on the Honey Bar facebook

page, so it is not like they have a vested interest in trying to put the best spin on this. ( irony icon).

So the Honey Bar version was a complete pack of lies after seeing the video.....

Aha here it is. Yep loaded unconscious into an ambulance. He was only beaten by five Thai

men, that seems like a bit of low number....Thought normal for a farang beating was 7 or 8.

:-) So now what do you think OMGiminPattaya guy? Time to take off the rose colored glasses,

or just stay in denial...... cheesy.gif KhunBENQ, time to eat a bit of crow ? Think I will take the

video version.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

This guy must be an idiot for going out drink with only 600 BT in his pocket. He must have had some idea what the bill was, it's usually in a cup right in front of him. Maybe he got some sense knocked into him.....

Are you sure?

and, You might think about taking off the rose tints and get a life. How many more replies are you going to post on this thread, defending cowards ?

• Like 1

and, You might think about taking off the rose tints and get a life. How many more replies are you going to post on this thread, defending cowards ?

I would never defend any thugs. They are all despicable scum.

,At Fxxxxng last someone with balls,, Sure they are all cowards ALL!! Alone they are NOTHING. Years ago we were invited to Bangkok from KL for a boxing match

non of us did thai boxing,( normal boxing) but it was thought a good idea at the time. Our team put out the Thai team of fannys score Bangkok 1 visitors 10 . The only way they will ever win is in groups of 5 or more. Most of us even at 70 can take out two or three .

• Like 1

,At Fxxxxng last someone with balls,, Sure they are all cowards ALL!! Alone they are NOTHING. Years ago we were invited to Bangkok from KL for a boxing match

non of us did thai boxing,( normal boxing) but it was thought a good idea at the time. Our team put out the Thai team of fannys score Bangkok 1 visitors 10 . The only way they will ever win is in groups of 5 or more. Most of us even at 70 can take out two or three .

So you out-thugged them? Not something to be proud of.

I try again, Answer to the Quote inside my box post,,,,,,,, It was a invite to a compertition old chap So how can we of thugged them??

Do you think boxing is thugging someone?

The thread is not about boxing, it's about violent thuggish behaviour, which is not unique to Thais.

On the evening of Monday, 19th January, Pattaya police were called out by the Sawang Boriboon Rescue Team to investigate an assault on a male tourist outside a bar on Naklua Road. At the scene, the team was trying to revive the unconscious man, aged around 30 years, but failed, so he was rushed to the emergency room at Banglamung Hospital. According to video proof provided by a witness, the man was attacked by the bar’s security guard because he only had 600 baht on him and his bill was 1,315 baht. The man was requested to go to a nearby ATM to withdraw money, but for some reason or other a fight broke out and the guard and his friends set upon the man, beating him unconscious. The clip showed 5 men beating up the tourist, and eventually one suspect Chanchai was detained and taken back to the police station for questioning. The case continues.

Differs form the facebook report as he didnt get up and walk off and someone has it on video

http://www.pattayapeople.com/Crime-News/UNKNOWN-TOURIST-ATTACKED-_2001201505

• Like 1