TOT Internet.

Rooo

Many parts of the island have lost Internet Service. Just speaking to the office in Bophut, it is a major problem & don't anticipate repairs to be done before Monday night.

Let's hope it can be fixed earlier.

Thanks for the update Rooo.

I have dumped all of my TOT/AIS/Truemove services and I am just living off CAT fibre optic through Bluechip. Very good so far. thumbsup.gif

Just a warning if anyone out there is going for CAT f/o direct with CAT. One of their engineers is a rip off merchant. Paid him lots of dosh for 7 lines back in August - still nothing! sad.png I am trying to go'up the ladder' at CAT. whistling.gif

If you want to know his name - pm me. Also - if any of tou have a name/number of someone reliable there - again, please pm me.

t's a plague at the moment, Many people lost service for a few days already, we got sorted within 2 days. Am using 3BB and service in general is good

WE had a 2 months loss of phone landline by TOT though, in Plai Laem.

Have been getting decent service from 3BB for the past 8 months, but for one month the internet kept disconnecting and barely got a credit on the next bill for that whole month...left a really bad taste, but other than that's it's working fine.

I am not on the island but the lead line is TOT internet so I thought I would tell my story.

I live close to the local TOT office and pay my monthly account there. Its upcountry.

They have at least three tecks attached there but they are like ghosts unless there is some baht involved.

I have to stalk them to get them to come out and fix any problem.

Interesting web site www.internetworldstats.com it shows the state of the internet world wide, and by country connectivity.

There is also an inordinate amount of Xray radiation and magnetic interference form Solar flares in the last month.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like TOT still have problems...

Anyone got any insight as to what’s going on with TOT at the moment? I have their 20Mb fibre line and everything was fine up until Sunday (I live in Laem Sor). A friend of mine who lives about 1km from me had his router replaced on Sunday even tho his system was running fine...they just turned up unannounced and said it needed replacing. Coincidentally it was about this time my system stopped working.

We put a call into TOT and they came yesterday afternoon and replaced my router (I wasn’t home at the time unfortunately). They told my wife that they were updating the system and that the old routers were no longer any good, and from a sheet they showed my wife had replaced many that day.

Since the new router has been installed the line keeps dropping out...the longest it’s stayed connected is three hours but normally drops out after half an hour...you then have to turn off the router, wait 30sec and turn it back on again...this is beginning to get up my snout to say the least!

We called TOT last night to complain and again this morning.

Any idea what they’re up to?

Sorry Neilly - no idea other than I have seen lots of different engineers working around the island.

A TOT upgrade on Samui is desperately needed but I worry about the ability of the engineers to support it.whistling.gif

I was fed up with TOT sending a telephone engineer for internet connectivity problems. They seemed not to be able to understand the possibilty of the phone working whilst the internet was not!

I have now transferred to CAT fibre optic - through a third party. The only down time that I have had since November was when a macro machine dug up the cable. facepalm.gif

post-79343-0-43279200-1423554793_thumb.j

I have now transferred to CAT fibre optic - through a third party. The only down time that I have had since November was when a macro machine dug up the cable. facepalm.gif

attachicon.gif20150122_102322.jpg

It's not CAT. You're on fiber from UIH resold via Bluechip IT. tongue.png

CAT is nearly as bad as TOT!

Thanks for the correction thumbsup.gif (It's still a good service! I am a very happy bunnygiggle.gif )

Sorry Neilly - no idea other than I have seen lots of different engineers working around the island.

A TOT upgrade on Samui is desperately needed but I worry about the ability of the engineers to support it. alt=whistling.gif>

I was fed up with TOT sending a telephone engineer for internet connectivity problems. They seemed not to be able to understand the possibilty of the phone working whilst the internet was not!

I have now transferred to CAT fibre optic - through a third party. The only down time that I have had since November was when a macro machine dug up the cable. alt=facepalm.gif>

20150122_102322.jpg

I have now transferred to CAT fibre optic - through a third party. The only down time that I have had since November was when a macro machine dug up the cable. alt=facepalm.gif>

20150122_102322.jpg

It's not CAT. You're on fiber from UIH resold via Bluechip

CAT is nearly as bad as TOT!

Thanks guys...so basically I'm 5crewed thEmoticon_suicide.gif

• Like 1

A TOT upgrade on Samui is desperately needed but I worry about the ability of the engineers to support it.whistling.gif

attachicon.gif20150122_102322.jpg

How much do you pay per month for the that service?

Just to pass on for those on the Pointy bit, as Tropicalevo calls it, (Choeng Mong / Plae Laim areas) (sp?)

I was chatting with one of the 3BB reps and was told that this area is going to get a major upgrade in service (lines) some time this year...

Not sure when though!

• Like 1