Immigration Udon

ray23

Had to do the 90 day report today, no big deal a couple mins. Went over to AEK Udon about 11:00 figuring the crowd would have diwndled wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The number we got was 47 and there were at least 40 people waiting. I just went to Nong Kia, I wonder how many actually got thier business done today. There were only two officer's and they really didn't look happy. So I will avoid it from now on, after a four day weekend. We were in Nong Kia about ten Mins and were done.

Last year at this time, I heard that the office in Udon had closed. Was that right? Was it a temporary closure? Is it the old days/hours again? Mon & Fri, 9am-3pm?

Yes, everything you said is correct

Two years ago they began to open the office in the AEK on wednesday too,they had work enough every day;later they closed(without giving a reason) and we all had to go to Nong Khai again.

Surprisingly the Nong Khai office was efficient,not so crammed as in Udon.

Next report will go to Nong Khai,it's not so far,but only from Tuesday to Thursday or they'll send me back to Udon:it happened already! :o

Two years ago they began to open the office in the AEK on wednesday too,they had work enough every day;later they closed(without giving a reason) and we all had to go to Nong Khai again.

Next report will go to Nong Khai,it's not so far,but only from Tuesday to Thursday or they'll send me back to Udon:it happened already! :o

I had to do my 90 day Friday after a four day weekend at 11:00 A.M thinking the crowd would be gone got number 47 and had about forty people ahead of me. Two officer working. I just go on the bike and headed to Nong Kia I was done in about 10 min and had a great ride. I will probably lean more to the drive then sittting and waiting even it is closer. Not to mention the officers at least on that day were overwhelmed I'm willing to bet that can effect anyones attitude. On the other hand the guys in Nong Kia were having a great day and as happy as can be.

I had to do my 90 day Friday after a four day weekend at 11:00 A.M thinking the crowd would be gone got number 47 and had about forty people ahead of me. Two officer working. I just go on the bike and headed to Nong Kia I was done in about 10 min and had a great ride. I will probably lean more to the drive then sittting and waiting even it is closer. Not to mention the officers at least on that day were overwhelmed I'm willing to bet that can effect anyones attitude. On the other hand the guys in Nong Kia were having a great day and as happy as can be.

Ahhh I need to talk to you Ray about the 90 day report. I am on a multi entry visa at the moment, but if "(when!!!!) my circumstances change I need the story about the real deal. I qualify (20 years on) for the marriage visa ) I hope

John

The ninety day reporting is no big deal you just fill out a foprm giving them your current address, even if there is no change. It can actually be done by mail, I just don't trust the mail with something that is important. They stamp your visa with the next report date so you don't really have to track it, just put a reminder on the calender so you don't miss it.

Unlike visa runs you don't have to leave the country, hope I answered your questions if not ask away it there is somehting I don't know someone else will.

Most who live in Korat, that want to do a 90 day visa run go by train to Non Khai.

Those who live in or near Korat and have to report every 90 days go to the Immigration Office in Korat. ( Almost Opposite Big C )

Those who live in or near Korat and want to extend a visa go to Kap Choeng on the Cambodian border. ( Near Prasat and Surin )

Renewing a one year multiple entry visa (£90) is probably best done in ones home country. The Hull Thai Consulate will do it in 5 minutes by appointment.

Of course what is needed is farang pressure on the Immigration Ministry,possibly by ?Expats Clubs, to change this ridiculous state of affairs and normalise the situation so reporting in ones "home" province and renewal becomes the most satisfactory way for both parties to feel secure here.

Hello Rai ,

You may be able to advise me .

I am nearing the end of 3 months on my single entry Non Immigrant O Visa in respect of marriage to and supporting a Thai national .

I live in Kalasin district and am planning to go to Nong Kai to apply for a 1 year extension . I am wondering what documents I must take . I know I have to take details of my Bank Account with not less than BT400,000 .

Do I have to have a letter from the bank manager verifying this .

Do I have to have a copy of 1) Marriage Cetificate

2) Wife's Residency details

3) Wife's Identity details

Would it be better to apply though Asia Legal services (expensive) first time .

Please Can you advise me .

With Kind Regards

David (Toscano)

Hello Rai ,

You may be able to advise me .

I am nearing the end of 3 months on my single entry Non Immigrant O Visa in respect of marriage to and supporting a Thai national .

I live in Kalasin district and am planning to go to Nong Kai to apply for a 1 year extension . I am wondering what documents I must take . I know I have to take details of my Bank Account with not less than BT400,000 .

Do I have to have a letter from the bank manager verifying this .

Do I have to have a copy of 1) Marriage Cetificate

2) Wife's Residency details

3) Wife's Identity details

Would it be better to apply though Asia Legal services (expensive) first time .

Please Can you advise me .

With Kind Regards

David (Toscano)

David I really suggest you do research on the site, but I will give you what little I know.

Yes you need a letter from your bank stating that money in the account came from outside Thailand.

Mine is done on a monthly basis and states which bank, the address and account number it comes from along with the amount deposited each month. Even when the account has the correct amount of money in the account immigartion in Nong Kia has asked for this.

I also have a letter from my embassy stating what my monthly income is, this is also a requirement. The American embassy requires no proof of income you just swear what the numbers are. By the way I hear they may be in Udon next month it they are that would save you a trip to Bangkok.

A medical letter, just about any hospital can give this it's not expensive basically the doctor will ask if your alive, answer yes and you should be OK.

Copies of the right pages in your passport, I make three of eveything since I don't have clue which pages they want

Your wifes ID card

The House papers ( this means the house you are listing on your documents a your esidence address, the houses have a book similair to what bikes and cars do)

Marriage documents mine include the local amphur, bangkok regitration and my embassies, frankly that may be overkill I don't know.

Copies of everything including the forms you fill out for them.

Two passport photos, make sure you don't use the old one, they don't seem to laugh about that

I always go at least one day ahead of time if they don't renew it because there is a problem gives me time to find what they want and not be pressured.

The most important thing you can bring is a good attitude and patience. Don't get upset with them does no good and they can send your application to Bangkok to be processed for any reason they choose.

Don't show in shorts and tee shirt you don't need a suit but somewhat business like shows a bit of respect for them.

Go early they will be helpful and you can take care of any problems before hand, without showing stress, that is important. You see they do it everyday and the only reason they can see for us to be stressed is that we are doing something wrong. No need to run up flags.

Don't be a chatter box just answer thier question save yours for after they issue the visa.

Ok guys what did I miss or misrepresent I feel a little uncomfortable with this, I know what works for me but that doesn't mean I'm right.

Toscano I did a posting on my experience the last time I renewed, it was fresh on my mind at the time, took a bit of searching hope it helps :o

I only had 42K in the account:

I'm submittting this as there always seem to be a lot of questions particulary as to the money in the bank requirement. First let me say this happened in Nong Kia today. Anywhere or any other day or different officers things may have been different. But this is what was submitted today and this is the third time I have done this. This one is married to a Thia and 400K requirement my first was as a single person and the 800 K requirement.

Documents:

Two copies of each;

The Thai forms

Two recent photos

Letter from my embassy stating my monthly income

Letter from my bank stating what my deposits were when they were made. Indicating that the money was transfered from a specific bank and account in America. The total amount of the deposits and the account balance 42K

My Bank Book (every page for the last year copied)

House Papers

Passport ( every page copied)

Doctors letter

There was no problem as my deposits far exceeded the minimum requirements, even with a 42 K balance showing.

Here are a few things that I noticed that I had not seen before three officers went over my paperwork this also happened to everyone else.

One officer actually took my embassy letter stating monthy income and mutiplied it by 38, never had that happen before.

I was not asked one question and it was approved on the spot.

I noticed one poor guy who had a problem with his bank lettter, he had actually brought more money in the past year then I did. What was the problem he only did two transfers and they were insisting on seeing his monthly deposits. He didn't do it that way, so he couldn't do that Like me he had less then 400K in the bank. I don't know what the end result was.

I made one mistake I forgot to sign each and every copy, in blue ink I'll try you remember that next year.

I can tell you one thing for sure, they were going over every document very carefully. So just a heads up make sure you have everything correct. I didn't see one Mia Bpen Ria at all.

:o

Toscano I did a posting on my experience the last time I renewed, it was fresh on my mind at the time, took a bit of searching hope it helps :D

I'm submittting this as there always seem to be a lot of questions particulary as to the money in the bank requirement. First let me say this happened in Nong Kia today. Anywhere or any other day or different officers things may have been different. But this is what was submitted today and this is the third time I have done this. This one is married to a Thia and 400K requirement my first was as a single person and the 800 K requirement.

Documents:

Two copies of each;

The Thai forms

Two recent photos

Letter from my bank stating what my deposits were when they were made. Indicating that the money was transfered from a specific bank and account in America. The total amount of the deposits and the account balance 42K

House Papers

Doctors letter

There was no problem as my deposits far exceeded the minimum requirements, even with a 42 K balance showing.

Here are a few things that I noticed that I had not seen before three officers went over my paperwork this also happened to everyone else.

One officer actually took my embassy letter stating monthy income and mutiplied it by 38, never had that happen before.

I noticed one poor guy who had a problem with his bank lettter, he had actually brought more money in the past year then I did. What was the problem he only did two transfers and they were insisting on seeing his monthly deposits. He didn't do it that way, so he couldn't do that Like me he had less then 400K in the bank. I don't know what the end result was.

I made one mistake I forgot to sign each and every copy, in blue ink I'll try you remember that next year.

I can tell you one thing for sure, they were going over every document very carefully. So just a heads up make sure you have everything correct. I didn't see one Mia Bpen Ria at all.

Toscano I did a posting on my experience the last time I renewed, it was fresh on my mind at the time, took a bit of searching hope it helps :o

Documents:

Two copies of each;

The Thai forms

Two recent photos

House Papers

Doctors letter

Ray , Thank you so much for your quick replies and advice , you truly are a " Super Member ".

I can see I have a lot of " Jumping About " to do before 4th September !!!

I have some paperwork in order , hospital and doctors are just down the road .

You didn't see any " Mia Bpen Ria " Wife ? Would a wife accompanying help ? Mine almost certainly would in any case .

I will have BT400,000 in the bank , do you think I may need a further sworn embassy statement of income ?

I am British ; from my going to the embassy to certify freedom to marry , income was one of the questions ; accepted as quoted . To have to go to the British Embassy , requires a trip to Bangkok ; a long way from Issaan .

I understand about the patience !!! I have lived in Italy for 8 years !!! The same applies there , keep calm , serene , courteous , respectful , however trying they are .

If this reply doesn't come out quite right ; my previous post was my first , this my second .

I thank you again for your very full and helpful reply .

David - Toscano

Yes take your wife

A far as I know you will need an embassy letter.

The brits can aswer that aspect as to the proceedure wiht your embassy. USA is eay you swear to it pay your money and thats it