changes to ed visa extensions jomtiem immigration

lucky mick

i wonder if one go to extend his visa term in Sriracha immigration office... will he get 90 days stamp?

If one is not a true resident of the city, that city's immigration office will send that one away.

Yep, for ED visas at least you have to do the extension where you and your school are.

It's true of all visa categories and extensions, re-entry permits, and any other sundry reason to visit Immigrations.

If you don't live here, stay away and use your own office.

Yep, just went and paid my donation. I was told that if i wanted to do it on my own, it would be 1900 baht every 2 weeks. I was shown photos of stamps for only 15 day extensions from people who went on their own last week, they waited about 3-1/2 hours i was told. I said for 3000 baht extra "VIP" service, i would go on my own and wait, but my quick math suggest its cheaper to be a VIP.

Been going to school twice a week sense October, never seen an immigration official do a spot-check yet.

Did you keep your receipt?

• Like 1

I dropped my passport off at my school along with 5000 baht last Wednesday for my 90 day extension. I went today to immigration to pick my passport up. I took all of about 10 minutes. Didn't get a queue number as instructed by front desk. Went straight to station 5 who took me after they where finished with the people currently seated since I was only there to pick up my passport. They took my pic gave me my passport and I was out the door. Sure it sucks that it costs an extra 5000 baht but only being at immigration 10 minutes almost makes it worth it.

I dropped my passport off at my school along with 5000 baht last Wednesday for my 90 day extension. I went today to immigration to pick my passport up. I took all of about 10 minutes. Didn't get a queue number as instructed by front desk. Went straight to station 5 who took me after they where finished with the people currently seated since I was only there to pick up my passport. They took my pic gave me my passport and I was out the door. Sure it sucks that it costs an extra 5000 baht but only being at immigration 10 minutes almost makes it worth it.

Does this take care of your 90 day address reporting as well? I'll be having the school handle my first extension in early April, but I'm not sure if I have to do something extra to report my address.

Does this take care of your 90 day address reporting as well? I'll be having the school handle my first extension in early April, but I'm not sure if I have to do something extra to report my address.

U just do same thing every 90 days

From the FWIW department, those folks from my school who got the 15 day stamps at Jomtien when they refused to pay the VIP fee have all gotten 75 days stamps after the immigration cops came and checked on them at the school. No extra fees. Funny thing is, all those folks were being on their best behavior and coming to class, but some other unsuspecting folks who were not coming to class came to the attention of immigration and had their visas cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...

From the FWIW department, those folks from my school who got the 15 day stamps at Jomtien when they refused to pay the VIP fee have all gotten 75 days stamps after the immigration cops came and checked on them at the school. No extra fees. Funny thing is, all those folks were being on their best behavior and coming to class, but some other unsuspecting folks who were not coming to class came to the attention of immigration and had their visas cancelled.

I just extended my visa through my usual school and received 90 days by paying 4900 baht. The school confirmed that if I didn't pay, immigration would check on me unannounced at the school itself and I would only receive 15 days extension if I paid my regular fee of 1900 baht. I did not want to call their bluff but I am curious whether people are really only getting 15 days and a visit from immigration at the school or not if they only pay 1900 baht. Any replies with confirmed experiences are most welcomed.

I have no problem with some independent company, agency or person doing a VIP package, doing some of the paperwork, making the trip to immigration, etc. Heck, I used one in the past when I got a 7 day visa exempt extension. I do have a problem with the immigration office setting some new policy and saying they only give out short extensions unless you pay more. That is not the governmental price structure or policy

Now this is interesting. Maybe what they have been saying is a half truth. Pay only 1900 and they give you 15 days is "true". But they later come buy and give you the other 75 days that you are supposed to have per the top level Government policy?

• 2 weeks later...

they canceled 15 ppl visas in my mate school, as they missed classes

what is the name of this school? and how much people pay for an extension?
I forgot the name.

They paid 1900 and not come to classes.

If they would pay 5000 they would still got thier visas